You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Next manager
February 25 2024 8.48am

Next manager

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 18 of 65 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

 

View DANGERCLOSE's Profile DANGERCLOSE Flag london 30 Nov 23 9.04pm Send a Private Message to DANGERCLOSE Add DANGERCLOSE as a friend

Whoever we get it won't be for long as SP is tight fisted and they end up getting the camel

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 30 Nov 23 9.08pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by DANGERCLOSE

Whoever we get it won't be for long as SP is tight fisted and they end up getting the camel

It is the 'Board' that decide on the financials at the club.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag 30 Nov 23 9.47pm Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle

So is that not a report..??

Your question was "what reports" - whether you believe them or not is up to you - my senses tell me there maybe something in this..!!

I believe Davepalace is pointing out the fact that the writers of the article cannot provide any source or evidence that Rodgers is in contact with Palace. It just says "according to reports" which is incredibly vague, unreliable and repetitive.
You can just make any claim to perk fans interests and then validate it with suggestions you are "in the know"

PlaistowEagle has been seen rodgering the fish mongers wife... According to reports.

See?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 01 Dec 23 11.57am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Rodgers never goes anywhere without a spending promise. I don't see us having the squad to do well with him. He's attacking and fast paced attacking and we have maybe one or two good attacking players. As for our full backs running down the wings, well, make your own minds up. Back three, fast wide men, quick precise midfielders, quality striker, high fitness levels - dream on. Honestly, we're at the stage where we've boxed ourselves into a corner with our squad. It was also terrible this time last year. We're never going to buy even four decent players in one window - hence this is where we are and there are only a couple of long shots that are going to stop us being relegated within the next few seasons. This isn't sustainable for any Premier League side. Our squad reminds me of those final Sunderland, Blackburn and Leicester squads, all, might I add, who achieved more than we did before going down.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 01 Dec 23 8.07pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by crvenaeagle

I believe Davepalace is pointing out the fact that the writers of the article cannot provide any source or evidence that Rodgers is in contact with Palace. It just says "according to reports" which is incredibly vague, unreliable and repetitive.
You can just make any claim to perk fans interests and then validate it with suggestions you are "in the know"

PlaistowEagle has been seen rodgering the fish mongers wife... According to reports.

See?

How did you know - that was supposed to be a secret..!!

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 01 Dec 23 8.11pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle

How did you know - that was supposed to be a secret..!!

COYP

See..!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 01 Dec 23 10.51pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

No different to any other club, managers get sacked or leave, nothing new.

So are you saying that you don't think the Pulis, Allardyce and De Boer situations weren't a bit odd ? or Viera deliberately avoiding the Board post match whilst reportedly applying for the Leeds job? or Favre dropping us after it being widely reported he'd pretty much taken the job ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 02 Dec 23 9.14am Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

So are you saying that you don't think the Pulis, Allardyce and De Boer situations weren't a bit odd ? or Viera deliberately avoiding the Board post match whilst reportedly applying for the Leeds job? or Favre dropping us after it being widely reported he'd pretty much taken the job ?

Ha ha, yes precisely. the common denominator is Steve Parish and his trusty sidekick Dougie Freedman. As Parish plays his version of PS5's Premiership Chairman Dreamteam, one day he will come to the realisation that the football he wants to play cannot exist under his ownership, if you don't have the ingredients you can't make the dish...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 02 Dec 23 9.25am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Ha ha, yes precisely. the common denominator is Steve Parish and his trusty sidekick Dougie Freedman. As Parish plays his version of PS5's Premiership Chairman Dreamteam, one day he will come to the realisation that the football he wants to play cannot exist under his ownership, if you don't have the ingredients you can't make the dish...

In the final analysis, we are in our 11th season in the PL, not bad for "Little old Palace" with an outmoded and tired stadium.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 02 Dec 23 10.33am Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

In the final analysis, we are in our 11th season in the PL, not bad for "Little old Palace" with an outmoded and tired stadium.


Yes, this is a fact, so also is the nature of our first two season's final total - 11th and 10th respectively in comparison with more recent finishes. Arguably the squads for those first two seasons were weaker than what came after, and so I find it just a little odd that we haven't managed to progress, even a little. Then again it does seem we have indeed spent to stand still. Roy has been in charge most of that time and, to be fair to him, he's there just to keep it so. I strongly doubt that another manager would accept the conditions as they stand, Rachid alludes to this in his post I believe.
Parish has painted himself into a corner.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 02 Dec 23 12.39pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill


Yes, this is a fact, so also is the nature of our first two season's final total - 11th and 10th respectively in comparison with more recent finishes. Arguably the squads for those first two seasons were weaker than what came after, and so I find it just a little odd that we haven't managed to progress, even a little. Then again it does seem we have indeed spent to stand still. Roy has been in charge most of that time and, to be fair to him, he's there just to keep it so. I strongly doubt that another manager would accept the conditions as they stand, Rachid alludes to this in his post I believe.
Parish has painted himself into a corner.


Or he's done the best he could with the budget available.

I agree we are not an attractive proposition for many top managers which is possibly why Roy got the gig again if the rumours of our targets turning us down are true.

However I am not sure what Parish can do about this until funding becomes available. If Moyes leaves West Ham I still think he would be the ideal candidate under those circumstances.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 02 Dec 23 5.03pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11


Or he's done the best he could with the budget available.

I agree we are not an attractive proposition for many top managers which is possibly why Roy got the gig again if the rumours of our targets turning us down are true.

However I am not sure what Parish can do about this until funding becomes available. If Moyes leaves West Ham I still think he would be the ideal candidate under those circumstances.

I think Parish has explored and exhausted the possibilities, hence Roy's second term, excepting one - the promotion of an internal candidate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 18 of 65 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Next manager