You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Relegation!
February 25 2024 9.06am

Relegation!

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 10 Dec 23 3.49pm Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

The bottom three are all showing signs of fight a determination and picking up points. We did show some fight yesterday and also at West Ham. And maybe Bournemouth are just a hot side at the moment. We could easily have beaten Everton on another day as well as Luton. What we do need is for our fortunes to change. A bit of luck can make a big difference. We have had no luck at all recently.

We will stay up no problem,Injuries will abate,new signing/s loans and we are hosting Luton Sheff.U. and Burnley.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View andy p's Profile andy p Flag Warrington cheshire 10 Dec 23 3.55pm Send a Private Message to andy p Add andy p as a friend

Should of grabbed Dyce before Everton..... So underrated

 


stuck up here with a load of northern monkeys!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 10 Dec 23 4.11pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

The table is starting to take shape.
The bottom 5 is likely to comprise, in no particular order, Burnley, Sheffield Utd, Luton, Forest and Palace.
You could make an argument for Bournemouth too despite their present good run.
In my view if we don't invest in attacking players in January who can make an immediate impact we will be right in the struggle.
We're averaging a point a game, but that average is likely to be severely dented after upcoming games.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 10 Dec 23 4.21pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

The table is starting to take shape.
The bottom 5 is likely to comprise, in no particular order, Burnley, Sheffield Utd, Luton, Forest and Palace.
You could make an argument for Bournemouth too despite their present good run.
In my view if we don't invest in attacking players in January who can make an immediate impact we will be right in the struggle.
We're averaging a point a game, but that average is likely to be severely dented after upcoming games.

After years of mid table boredom for a lot of fans, a nail biting relegation fight will bring a bit of excitement to the season. The reality has always been that we would be in a relegation fight, than one to qualify for Europe.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 10 Dec 23 4.22pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

The table is starting to take shape.
The bottom 5 is likely to comprise, in no particular order, Burnley, Sheffield Utd, Luton, Forest and Palace.
You could make an argument for Bournemouth too despite their present good run.
In my view if we don't invest in attacking players in January who can make an immediate impact we will be right in the struggle.
We're averaging a point a game, but that average is likely to be severely dented after upcoming games.

Agree.

I think we will be 17th after next w/e. Forest who are 2 points behind us are at home to Surs, they 'could' win that. Everton who are now 3 points & an 8 goal better GD to us are away to Burnley.

IF, & that's a huge IF, we play like we did y/day we could, just could give Citeh a fright, we've done it before, so, why not? I know, sorry, shouldn't be silly.

 


I'm a blind man, i'm a blind man, now my room is cold,
When a blind man cries, Lord, he feels it from his soul.
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace chick's Profile palace chick Flag South Croydon 10 Dec 23 4.33pm Send a Private Message to palace chick Add palace chick as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

After years of mid table boredom for a lot of fans, a nail biting relegation fight will bring a bit of excitement to the season. The reality has always been that we would be in a relegation fight, than one to qualify for Europe.

If we had strengthened the team / squad during the summer transfer window we wouldnít be in this position now. I prefer the mid table boredom but would have liked a cup run and dare I say silverware to give us something for 11 seasons in the premiership. Instead we paid out money for players that arenít deemed good enough to play in the first 11 and 19 million on a reserve keeper whoís injured. Letís hope this upcoming window is used correctly and our injuries recover quick. I see no reason if we had been managed (Includes Parish/Freedman) better that we would be better than the Fulhamís and Bournemouthís and challenge like Brighton for European football. Itís been a disaster this season and may just get worse :-(

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View haycj's Profile haycj Flag new cairo, now england Maidenhead,... 10 Dec 23 4.37pm Send a Private Message to haycj Add haycj as a friend

Bournemouth keeper may be a good choice and a FA cup ideal

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 10 Dec 23 4.58pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

When I called the board out for their lack of ambition in the summer, there were plenty of smug fans saying they would rather be in our position than wolves or Everton, I wonder if anyone has changed their mind. This could be a masterstroke by parish, who's strung the new stand out for aslong as he can. Get relegated and it's no longer financially viable and that can be delayed another couple of years.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 10 Dec 23 5.18pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Three seasons ago Palace put together the best squad we have ever had in the Premier. It was inches from becoming a top ten outfit, yet it still didnít crack top ten.
That squad is now weaker than it was then, the only way it could ever have progressed was with further proper investment in usable players, in three windows ,the opposite has happened, to the degree that just two or three injuries and we not even capable competing consistently with clubs we have to beat to stay in the league. Itís gutting because we have six or seven first class players, and if they are fit to play an eleven that is still good enough, but the name of the game is numbers at this level because injuries are par for the course. No team could do what Palace have done and not expect trouble, but Palace have, Why? We were so near.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 10 Dec 23 5.28pm Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Originally posted by Putitout

Three seasons ago Palace put together the best squad we have ever had in the Premier. It was inches from becoming a top ten outfit, yet it still didnít crack top ten.
That squad is now weaker than it was then, the only way it could ever have progressed was with further proper investment in usable players, in three windows ,the opposite has happened, to the degree that just two or three injuries and we not even capable competing consistently with clubs we have to beat to stay in the league. Itís gutting because we have six or seven first class players, and if they are fit to play an eleven that is still good enough, but the name of the game is numbers at this level because injuries are par for the course. No team could do what Palace have done and not expect trouble, but Palace have, Why? We were so near.

That team created chances but we squandered loads of them as good though the team was it lacked quality in the box. Now we still donít have quality in the box but we donít create chances anyway.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 10 Dec 23 5.34pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by Davepalace707

That team created chances but we squandered loads of them as good though the team was it lacked quality in the box. Now we still donít have quality in the box but we donít create chances anyway.

Probably because itís not as good a team as back then .all to often this year no Olize. no Eze, But itís much worse than that even , because there is no Wilf, and most of all no Gallagher. And may I say no Kouyate, who had a very good game for Forest this weekend. And would have been really handy to have around right now. oh! And two right backs at least two years beyond their sell by date.

Edited by Putitout (10 Dec 2023 5.36pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 10 Dec 23 5.37pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

When I called the board out for their lack of ambition in the summer, there were plenty of smug fans saying they would rather be in our position than wolves or Everton, I wonder if anyone has changed their mind. This could be a masterstroke by parish, who's strung the new stand out for aslong as he can. Get relegated and it's no longer financially viable and that can be delayed another couple of years.

The old chestnut lack of ambition, what does that mean? To achieve something. It then depends on what the ambition is, you haven't stated what the lack of ambition relates to.
A new Academy was desired and achieved, Premier status was desired and achieved, a new stand is desired and will start May 24. People are saying it wont happen as the board have asked for funding, which is standard procedure, why use your own money.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Relegation!