You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Good bye Roy
March 3 2024 5.40am

Good bye Roy

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 43 of 59 < 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 >

 

View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 09 Feb 24 9.25am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91


I think that's a pretty large twig Willo with many a bird upon it at the moment!

Many a bird has perched on my 'Branch' (Not large twig) !

Injecting some seriousness into the debate,it is the model of plausibility that the persistent ordure will continue and an abject performance and defeat against Chelsea will increase the calls for the removal of Mr Hodgson.Toxicity could be prevalent on Monday night.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 09 Feb 24 9.44am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Many a bird has perched on my 'Branch' (Not large twig) !

Injecting some seriousness into the debate,it is the model of plausibility that the persistent ordure will continue and an abject performance and defeat against Chelsea will increase the calls for the removal of Mr Hodgson.Toxicity could be prevalent on Monday night.

I am currently in the state of both fearing and welcoming this scenario.

I don't want to see Roy end in a shambles, suffer any more than necessary or for things to feel rock-bottomish at the club. That's a highly undesirable outcome for me.

Equally however my faith and hope is so low that any catalyst for change does not seem the worst thing in the world.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Therealeaglestilidie's Profile Therealeaglestilidie Flag 09 Feb 24 9.51am Send a Private Message to Therealeaglestilidie Add Therealeaglestilidie as a friend

Highlights from Roy's press conference:

“Furthermore Michael has picked up another serious injury which is absolutely devastating for him, for the club, for everyone really. Strangely enough, it was one of those situations where so many things went wrong that could have gone right, but we don’t have hindsight".

You were 3-0 down in a game that was lost. What did you think he was going to do score 4 goals Roy. You don't need hindsight, every fan who was there or following the game was screaming, no!!

“It was the perfect storm in every respect, but injuries do happen. That is the bottom line. They happened in this game, and now we are trying to seek reasons why exactly could it have happened when it happened, but it could have happened at any time. There is no question of that. He could have come on for five minutes and done that, he could have not come on at all and then done it in the first training session here".

You knew he was struggling and you made the call to risk him at 3-0 down. You are culpable Roy.

“For me, it’s another element of incredible bad luck we have suffered recently".

You make your own luck Roy.

“What do we do? We make sure we get on with it, we make certain we do our best to prepare the team that are there to play, and you hope that some of them are going to come up and show elements of their play that we haven’t seen because they haven’t been given the chance up to now.”

Oh I see Roy we just have to hope that something happens then with players that you have failed to prepare for this moment by integrating them into the team over the past six months.

“Our squad is getting so much smaller and they play in the area where we are missing players,” Hodgson said. “Both [Ahamada and França] have benefitted from time [here].

“They understand more what we are trying to do and their game is constantly improving. Now for them, when they get a chance, they have to really grasp that".

Can you enlighten us all Roy on what exactly you are trying to do tactically as for the love of God I don't think any of us have a clue.

Signs of Gaslighting Behaviour:

Blatant Lies. You know the person is lying.

Deny, Deny, Deny. That's not what I meant. You know what they said.

Using What You Love Against You.

Love and Flattery.

Words Versus Actions.

 


I'm so Palace I don't even know it

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 09 Feb 24 10.15am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

I am currently in the state of both fearing and welcoming this scenario.

I don't want to see Roy end in a shambles, suffer any more than necessary or for things to feel rock-bottomish at the club. That's a highly undesirable outcome for me.

Equally however my faith and hope is so low that any catalyst for change does not seem the worst thing in the world.

I can only reiterate that I will not gallivant down the path of apportioning culpability directly against the Board, Steve Parish or Mr Hodgson.

I will however assert that should the club persevere with Mr Hodgson and we are relegated with him at the helm, all hell will break loose, supporters will be boiling steaming and raging, spitting out fury akin to hail from machine gun fire.There will be boiling with enmity hot as a deep-fat fryer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag US/Thailand/UK 09 Feb 24 11.25am Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Roy would be best to stop talking in public.

Here is his latest nonsensical comments on BBC website....

Speaking again on Thursday, when looking ahead to Monday's match against Chelsea, Hodgson rejected supporters' claims that Olise already had a physical issue but confirmed he has now suffered a hamstring blow.

"It's devastating for him, for the club, for everybody really," Hodgson said.

"I don't think he was carrying an injury, I think it was more fatigue."

Why can't they admit that collectively they cocked up on various occasions with Olise's complex and serious hamstring injury and attempted recovery. To claim it was fatigue is ludicrous. Based on that comment alone, Roy is a liability to our players welfare. It is quite shocking.

I am out of steam for Roy and his judgement. He needs help.


It's part of the job to speak in public.

He has not said anything which is not valid.

It is very clear the player had no injury but the medical/fitness staff suggested not to play him for the full 90min only 45.

What is the issue?

You really think if he knew he had hamstring issue he would put him on and the player would not care either come on Roy is not that type of person also you cant get away with doing that like you could in old days.

The game he shouldnt have played in was the win against Sheff Utd it was very clear he was not fit yet people wont say that because he was a big part of the win.

 


(VPN) - [Link]
(Alt VPN) - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 09 Feb 24 12.02pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort

It's part of the job to speak in public.

He has not said anything which is not valid.

It is very clear the player had no injury but the medical/fitness staff suggested not to play him for the full 90min only 45.

What is the issue?

You really think if he knew he had hamstring issue he would put him on and the player would not care either come on Roy is not that type of person also you cant get away with doing that like you could in old days.

The game he shouldnt have played in was the win against Sheff Utd it was very clear he was not fit yet people wont say that because he was a big part of the win.

The issue is that anyone watching the game with half a braincell knew that the game was already lost.

To risk our best player is beyond idiotic.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 09 Feb 24 1.48pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

ah yes. We got the best wheelchair squad in any hospital.

the worst we ever had ? that would be a rogues gallery of expensive dross......Shefki Kuqi, Benteke, elderly Edgar Davids....all rubbish.

my point being, the bottom 6 teams in this League have many excellent players. We are barely capable of keeping up with them.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (08 Feb 2024 7.57pm)

That wasn’t your original point at all - you said that we only had 4 or 5 players worthy of wearing the shirt - you didn’t mention injuries as qualification for that remark/assertion.

When I outlined there at least 14 in the current squad - you’ve completely ignored it - and started going on about players from yesteryear..!!

So my question is where is the relevance to your initial point/assertion that only 4 or 5 players in the current squad worthy of wearing the shirt..!!

For clarity - I look it at it totally differently in that I believe we are only 2 or 3 quality additions to the squad - plus a decent Manager who will get the most out of the squad - from being a real force to be reckoned with in the Prem..!!

Which is why if we go down with this squad it will be such a travesty and waste of 11 years of building - when we are on the verge of having a young squad backed up by an excellent academy - that could/will become a Prem force.

Going down would mean we would have to start all over again - would be such a waste - bordering on criminal..!!

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag US/Thailand/UK 09 Feb 24 2.25pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

The issue is that anyone watching the game with half a braincell knew that the game was already lost.

To risk our best player is beyond idiotic.


The game wasn't lost.

A game is not lost until the final whistle.

You should know better being a Palace fan look at the ups and down this club has gone through in a game.

We was 2 down to Man City not to long ago and managed 2-2.

You are throwing around the term risk life is a risk.

 


(VPN) - [Link]
(Alt VPN) - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 09 Feb 24 2.52pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort

The game wasn't lost.

A game is not lost until the final whistle.

You should know better being a Palace fan look at the ups and down this club has gone through in a game.

We was 2 down to Man City not to long ago and managed 2-2.

You are throwing around the term risk life is a risk.

Semantics, the game was lost. You and Roy must be the outliers.

Risk, as in the increased likelihood of a partly injured player re-injuring themselves

Or risk, as in the threat to our survival chances without our best player

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 09 Feb 24 3.19pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

The game was lost at half time.

In terms of the Man City game it was totally different. We were only 1-0 down at half time, and even though City went 2-0 up, that is always said to be a dangerous scoreline because if the opposition pulls 1 back, it's totally different game and that's what happened.

3-0 down at half time, and especially considering the way we played - it was lost.

The fact that the second half was more of balanced affair (ie. 1-1) was probably more because Brighton took their foot off the gas.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 09 Feb 24 4.04pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I can only reiterate that I will not gallivant down the path of apportioning culpability directly against the Board, Steve Parish or Mr Hodgson.

I will however assert that should the club persevere with Mr Hodgson and we are relegated with him at the helm, all hell will break loose, supporters will be boiling steaming and raging, spitting out fury akin to hail from machine gun fire.There will be boiling with enmity hot as a deep-fat fryer.

Willo, As an eminent contributor to Homesdale and judging by your recent comments and mood, which may not be as vitriolic as your suggested outcome in the event of relegation above, but nevertheless shows great concern, who would you hold culpable for our recent decline if it's not one of those you refer to in your comment above?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 09 Feb 24 7.36pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Semantics, the game was lost. You and Roy must be the outliers.

Risk, as in the increased likelihood of a partly injured player re-injuring themselves

Or risk, as in the threat to our survival chances without our best player

Was the Crystanbul game lost, same scoreline at halftime.

Roy is taking the blame, but the player knows his own body, he could of said he didnt feel ready to play. End of story nobody would of made him play.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 43 of 59 < 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Good bye Roy