You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Brighton vs. Crystal Palace match thread
April 13 2024 7.47pm

Brighton vs. Crystal Palace match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 27 of 29 < 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 >

 

View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 04 Feb 24 1.12pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

I can't understand the entire rationale (not qualified to) that Olise would be OK to play in the second half if was needed but not start. If there was that degree of uncertainty over his fitness after Tuesday night why was he there at all ?

Roy's use of him yesterday very foolish and a tipping point for many although possibly driven by fear of a really heavy defeat.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 04 Feb 24 1.24pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE

Ridiculous. You canít blame folks for having ambition. If people are upset maybe they actually love the club and want to win? Winning is good by the way. Losing is bad. Losing in a bad way is worse. And when the foe is Brighton, itís the worst. Ok? In

He's taking the Pee CT

 


I'm a blind man, i'm a blind man, now my room is cold,
When a blind man cries, Lord, he feels it from his soul.
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Croydon-Trucker's Profile Croydon-Trucker Flag 04 Feb 24 1.33pm Send a Private Message to Croydon-Trucker Add Croydon-Trucker as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

He's taking the Pee CT

Some people just have no sense of humor.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 04 Feb 24 1.52pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by Canterbury Palace

I've just emerged from my pit with a terrible headache after my first beers of 2024 and can't quite comprehend how bad yesterday was.

The decision to risk Olise in that scenario may yet prove to be Roy's worst and final mistake of his tenure. We have three vital games against Chelsea, Everton and Burnley to come and if he misses those as a result of this we can almost write them off.

It comes to something when you are writing games off before kick off but I suspect that the vast majority of us did that yesterday. Was there a single fan who saw that line up and thought anything other than "We're going to lose this".

The problem with putting out negative team selections is that it puts a lot of pressure on you to be good at defending and that side of our game have completely fallen apart.

That's 12 league games without a clean sheet. 11 goals conceded in our last three games. We're only 9 goals behind the total we conceded last season with 15 games left. I could go on.

It's reached a point now where Roy isn't the safe option anymore, in fact you could argue that he's actively damaging us. I would say that his tactics and selections are directly contributing the the absurd number of injuries to key players and his I can only imagine what the young players at the club must be thinking in the current situation it's hardly a great environment to grow.

I hoped that he might be able to get through to the end of the season but we can't gamble on points deductions keeping us up. He needs to go.

All good points. And the longer it drags on the worse it gets. None of the final eight games are against teams currently below us in the table


pssguy_photo_of_2_angry_Crystal_Palace_supporters_holding_up__443b9366-12b3-4ff5-b00c-af14af304f90_2.png Attachment: pssguy_photo_of_2_angry_Crystal_Palace_supporters_holding_up__443b9366-12b3-4ff5-b00c-af14af304f90_2.png (1,529.60Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 04 Feb 24 1.56pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

I can't understand the entire rationale (not qualified to) that Olise would be OK to play in the second half if was needed but not start. If there was that degree of uncertainty over his fitness after Tuesday night why was he there at all ?

Roy's use of him yesterday very foolish and a tipping point for many although possibly driven by fear of a really heavy defeat.

I imagine Hodgson's initial thinking was "If we can get through the first half at the most one goal down then we can risk Olise".
It the turned into "Unless we get Olise on to offer some threat we are onto a 9-0 defeat and my job is gone"

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag US/Thailand/UK 04 Feb 24 2.01pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I wouldn't be surprised or particularly bothered if the idiot(s) holding up banners were barred from attending. Idiots confronting players need to grow up.

None of this will help our cause.

There are some things in football that cannot be managed, and when your two best forward players are constantly injured, there isn't much that can be done. This put pressure on the defence, which is then likely to concede more goals. It also damages confidence.

We have signed two good players and we have to quickly develop a system to grind out results. We need 4 more wins.

Sacking Hodgson is a very risky move. It might work, or it might be disastrous. Who replaces him? Without Eze and Olise, it don't see how we win games with any manager.

We have to get them back on the pitch.


People have the right to express how they feel and banners are not an issue confronting players is not good I agree but it's not those fans who have done this if a player is approaching them that is player at fault.

How do you know it wont help the cause?

Protests are not a new thing and throughout history not just sports have helped.

Correct not everything can be managed but your next part is BS.

How did we manage before having Eze/Olise as regulars this is not first year in this league over a decade now.

Edouard is our top scorer with very poor service.

Eze/Olize are not forwards

Could the injuries be related to the training and medical staff I believe it is which comes down to amateur setup we have and if a player has just returned you ease them in we don't do that.

You really do not understand much about football do you.

Signed two good players you do not know this yet (I expect both will)

We wont sack Roy he will leave at end of season unless he calls it a day I dont see that happening unless he has personal issue.

Lets say he did go Paddy would take charge we wouldn't get anyone in Palace take ages to do anything.

 


(VPN) - [Link]
(Alt VPN) - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 04 Feb 24 2.13pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

I don't think Henderson was particularly to blame for the 4 goals but he has now conceded 11 in the last 3 games. His appointment (and high wages) is a sorry condemnation of Parish/Freedman's mind set. I would much prefer Johnstone who, after all, is a current England international.

Parish should stay until an orderly buy out is achieved. Where he stands indicted is his reluctance to take action over the manager.

I have to say Hodgson has lost it. He picks the same line-up match after match so that the opposition know exactly how we will play and take full advantage of it. He has no offensive ambition or idea, is reluctant to drop his favourites who have been proven inadequate. He does have younger talent but patently mistrusts them. His decision to risk Olise was incomprehensible and he has rightly been criticised in the press (and by us - but we don't count) His deluded belief that 'heart and effort' will suffice is
pathetic.

In his dotage he still feels he can rectify the decline but it will take some doing with our confidence shattered.

 


Man and boy Palace since my first game in 1948 sitting on my dad's shoulders

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 04 Feb 24 2.15pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


People have the right to express how they feel and banners are not an issue confronting players is not good I agree but it's not those fans who have done this if a player is approaching them that is player at fault.

How do you know it wont help the cause?

Protests are not a new thing and throughout history not just sports have helped.

Correct not everything can be managed but your next part is BS.

How did we manage before having Eze/Olise as regulars this is not first year in this league over a decade now.

Edouard is our top scorer with very poor service.

Eze/Olize are not forwards

Could the injuries be related to the training and medical staff I believe it is which comes down to amateur setup we have and if a player has just returned you ease them in we don't do that.

You really do not understand much about football do you.

Signed two good players you do not know this yet (I expect both will)

We wont sack Roy he will leave at end of season unless he calls it a day I dont see that happening unless he has personal issue.

Lets say he did go Paddy would take charge we wouldn't get anyone in Palace take ages to do anything.

I suspect the most effective protest would be to stay well clear of Selhurst Park. Rows and rows of empty seats would send a powerful message and the 'Optics' would not look good.
Not that I am advocating this course of action.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 04 Feb 24 2.24pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


People have the right to express how they feel and banners are not an issue confronting players is not good I agree but it's not those fans who have done this if a player is approaching them that is player at fault.

How do you know it wont help the cause?

Protests are not a new thing and throughout history not just sports have helped.

Correct not everything can be managed but your next part is BS.

How did we manage before having Eze/Olise as regulars this is not first year in this league over a decade now.

Edouard is our top scorer with very poor service.

Eze/Olize are not forwards

Could the injuries be related to the training and medical staff I believe it is which comes down to amateur setup we have and if a player has just returned you ease them in we don't do that.

You really do not understand much about football do you.

Signed two good players you do not know this yet (I expect both will)

We wont sack Roy he will leave at end of season unless he calls it a day I dont see that happening unless he has personal issue.

Lets say he did go Paddy would take charge we wouldn't get anyone in Palace take ages to do anything.

And the club have the right to cancel their tickets.

I'll tell you what I understand.

Negativity achieves nothing in football and you are the king of negativity.
Those at the club will be keener than anyone to improve things.

We have lost Zaha, Doucoure and now Eze and Olise, not to mention Joel Ward of late.
That is the primary reason why we have struggled. You can argue about summer transfers and tactics but they are not the primary causes.
Talking about the medical staff is just conjecture. You have no idea what goes on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 04 Feb 24 2.29pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

And the club have the right to cancel their tickets.

I'll tell you what I understand.

Negativity achieves nothing in football and you are the king of negativity.
Those at the club will be keener than anyone to improve things.

We have lost Zaha, Doucoure and now Eze and Olise, not to mention Joel Ward of late.
That is the primary reason why we have struggled.
You can argue about summer transfers and tactics but they are not the primary causes.
Talking about the medical staff is just conjecture. You have no idea what goes on.

I agree with the general trust of these sentiments, in relation to Zaha,Doucoure,Eze and Olise.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Online Flag 04 Feb 24 2.40pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

We've had striker problems for years, but the last couple of seasons our defence has been pretty good and we have been genuinely hard to beat. However, the last few games, our defence has been pretty awful and keeping Henderson in goal is truly puzzling.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bright&wright's Profile bright&wright Flag 04 Feb 24 3.04pm Send a Private Message to bright&wright Add bright&wright as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I wouldn't be surprised or particularly bothered if the idiot(s) holding up banners were barred from attending. Idiots confronting players need to grow up.

None of this will help our cause.

There are some things in football that cannot be managed, and when your two best forward players are constantly injured, there isn't much that can be done. This put pressure on the defence, which is then likely to concede more goals. It also damages confidence.

We have signed two good players and we have to quickly develop a system to grind out results. We need 4 more wins.

Sacking Hodgson is a very risky move. It might work, or it might be disastrous. Who replaces him? Without Eze and Olise, it don't see how we win games with any manager.

We have to get them back on the pitch.


I don't like it when people have different opinions to me. Ban them for life. Clap along and be nice or don't come at all.

Roy, is that you?

 


'We are going to make a little bit of history hereí Mr. J. Ertl.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 27 of 29 < 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Brighton vs. Crystal Palace match thread