You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Francaís Opportunity??
April 24 2024 9.05pm

Francaís Opportunity??

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Palacesince64's Profile Palacesince64 Flag Edinburgh 06 Feb 24 5.28pm Send a Private Message to Palacesince64 Add Palacesince64 as a friend

I canít see Roy taking a chance on Franca when his job is on the line unfortunately. I do think heíd be worth a shot in the 10 role. I also think Edouard is much better coming in from the left as he did at Celtic so Iíd play him left midfield with Ayew on the right, Franca in the middle and Mateta ahead of them. Itís an opportunity for him and the new lads to stake a claim if Roy gives them a chance but I suspect we know what his team will be.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 06 Feb 24 6.43pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by Palacesince64

I canít see Roy taking a chance on Franca when his job is on the line unfortunately. I do think heíd be worth a shot in the 10 role. I also think Edouard is much better coming in from the left as he did at Celtic so Iíd play him left midfield with Ayew on the right, Franca in the middle and Mateta ahead of them. Itís an opportunity for him and the new lads to stake a claim if Roy gives them a chance but I suspect we know what his team will be.

Boring old Roy has the ability to destroy young skilful players who would otherwise flourish under a positive thinking coach.
Our only hope for survival is for Roy to be relieved of his duties on Monday,after yet another inevitable,unacceptable defeat and an early Cooper appointment.

Edited by Jacey (06 Feb 2024 9.49pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Robk's Profile Robk Flag 06 Feb 24 7.46pm Send a Private Message to Robk Add Robk as a friend

Yup absolutely give him a chance.. he definitely has ability like him a lot....you wonít know till you give him a run...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 06 Feb 24 7.50pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

In Roy's defence, Franca hasn't looked up to much whenever he's come on. I remember twice on the weekend him getting shoved off the ball with relative ease. He needs to bulk up / get used to the physical side of the game and fast - else he simply won't survive in this league I don't think.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 06 Feb 24 8.14pm Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

He may be rubbish, but we will not know until we give him a chance. I cannot quite remember the actual number of games I have watceh Jeffrey Schlupp play up front, but I am able to confirm that he is definitely not the answer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 06 Feb 24 9.07pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by Gribbo

He may be rubbish, but we will not know until we give him a chance. I cannot quite remember the actual number of games I have watceh Jeffrey Schlupp play up front, but I am able to confirm that he is definitely not the answer.

You could argue he's had a chance, though. He's come on three or four times as a sub now, with enough minutes to impact the game. And he hasn't. He's looked weak and out of his depth.

In saying this, we're on struggle streeet so I wouldn't be against throwing him in from the start and seeing what he can produce over 90.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kevlee's Profile kevlee Online Flag born Wandsworth emigrated to Lanc... 06 Feb 24 10.00pm Send a Private Message to kevlee Add kevlee as a friend

From what we have seen he is championship quality.
How many times do you need to have seen Reidewald play to know he is poor. Same about Max Meyer.
And why did we buy Henderson??? Iíd rather have Wayne Hennessy back in goal!!
Roy may be a geriatric manager, but he may not have lost the plot completely when it comes to basic ability.

 


Following Palace since 25 Feb 1978

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Aray's Profile Aray Flag South London 06 Feb 24 11.00pm Send a Private Message to Aray Add Aray as a friend

Originally posted by Gribbo

Roy thinks Franca may be too young, experienced and not yet ready for the Premier League. He sees him every day in training.

The puzzling thing is that he also sees Jeffrey Schlupp every day in training and thinks he is. We see him every game, and absolutely know he is not.

Underrated comment. Actually laughed out loud

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 07 Feb 24 8.01am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

I only saw FRanca once at the Everton FA Cup game, tricks and flicks but seemed lightweight in a challenge against PL defenders

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 07 Feb 24 8.34am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

The issue is with Olise, Eze and now JRS all out we have no creative outlet other than Franca. It's not really a question of whether he's good enough, it's increasingly more the case he has to be! Until he gets a proper run of games starting it's unfair to assess him. He had no preseason with us and has only had cameos. Few players are going to be at their best in that situation. Chelsea are likely to beat us, so play him on Monday and see how he gets on and hopefully he shows enough that Roy or whomever is in charge will be able to use against Everton and Burnley.

There is no real point discussing this though, as if Eze is also out then until he and/or Olise return Roy will always pick Schlupp, Ayew and Mateta/OE as our forward players with Hughes filling the Ebs role. It isn't working, it hasn't worked, but we know that's what it'll be.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 07 Feb 24 9.10am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

The issue is with Olise, Eze and now JRS all out we have no creative outlet other than Franca. It's not really a question of whether he's good enough, it's increasingly more the case he has to be! Until he gets a proper run of games starting it's unfair to assess him. He had no preseason with us and has only had cameos. Few players are going to be at their best in that situation. Chelsea are likely to beat us, so play him on Monday and see how he gets on and hopefully he shows enough that Roy or whomever is in charge will be able to use against Everton and Burnley.

There is no real point discussing this though, as if Eze is also out then until he and/or Olise return Roy will always pick Schlupp, Ayew and Mateta/OE as our forward players with Hughes filling the Ebs role. It isn't working, it hasn't worked, but we know that's what it'll be.

This is where I'm at. He's not ready and is hella lightweight. But he poses more attacking intent than Schlupp. So we need to risk him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 07 Feb 24 9.32am Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Neymar (love him or loathe him) is/was around 5'9" and 11 stone. I'm sure Franca will be fine.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Francaís Opportunity??