You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Crystal Palace vs. Manchester United match thread
July 23 2024 8.57am

Crystal Palace vs. Manchester United match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 13 of 18 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

 

View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 07 May 24 9.04am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

I noted that all four goals last night were left foot shots, which must be something of a first for the club.
Glasner was asked about the celebration with Olise after his second goal.
He said it was because he had advised Olise to occasionally shoot towards the near post as a variation.
Roy wouldn’t have thought of that (only joking)!

I am always interested in how players react when they score. Olise had a big smile on his face when he embraced Glasner hopefully that is a good sign.

When Mitchell scored we could all see how genuinely happy the team was for him.

The lure of the top 6 will be hard to resist but it will depend on which teams are serious about buying our talent.

1. Moan United. Club in chaos may sack manager need a complete rebuild, many players have lost their reputation at OT.

You could write that statement most seasons since Ferguson retired so why would next season be any different.

2. Liverpool. New manager is an unknown Salah will probably leave some of the big names have not performed e.g. Nunez. Not a big a risk as United but still..

3. Chelsea. Still a basket case, under performing huge squad with many player just disappearing. Similar issues to United.

4. Newcastle. Lots of money but I don't rate the manager.

5. Spurs. Flatter to deceive this season and well every season for the last 50 years.

6. Arsenal and Man City. Steve please don't answer the phone to these clubs.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag Living The Dream 07 May 24 9.14am Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

i did like Roy, and always defended him on here.....but i cannot believe this is the same squad.

Hodgson has been exposed for what he is. He coaches talent out of players. Done it with England, Liverpool and obviously Palace.
Good riddance.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YoDougie's Profile YoDougie Flag London 07 May 24 9.16am Send a Private Message to YoDougie Add YoDougie as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I am always interested in how players react when they score. Olise had a big smile on his face when he embraced Glasner hopefully that is a good sign.

When Mitchell scored we could all see how genuinely happy the team was for him.

The lure of the top 6 will be hard to resist but it will depend on which teams are serious about buying our talent.

1. Moan United. Club in chaos may sack manager need a complete rebuild, many players have lost their reputation at OT.

You could write that statement most seasons since Ferguson retired so why would next season be any different.

2. Liverpool. New manager is an unknown Salah will probably leave some of the big names have not performed e.g. Nunez. Not a big a risk as United but still..

3. Chelsea. Still a basket case, under performing huge squad with many player just disappearing. Similar issues to United.

4. Newcastle. Lots of money but I don't rate the manager.

5. Spurs. Flatter to deceive this season and well every season for the last 50 years.

6. Arsenal and Man City. Steve please don't answer the phone to these clubs.

This is a great summary to put transfers-out in summer into perspective. Of course money is alluring but you'd hope that our players would rather stay put for Project Glasner-ball rather than gamble. If Arsenal or City come calling, then maybe and hope some of the big boys from abroad i.e Madrid, PSG, Bayern don't pop up either.

ANYWAY... onto yesterday. I can't remember the last time I've woken up so happy on a Tuesday (which is basically a Monday)

Congrats to the boys and the management, superb tactics, performance and some wonderful goals too. The positives keep coming:

- Spanking Manure of course!
- Olise and Eze sparkling
- Guehi back
- Mitchell looking like a new man on the field.
- Some respect on Reidewald's name. That man came on with a very specific role in mind - press and force interceptions to regain possession. He was all over them and won back the ball on a fair few occasions. Well done.
- Clean sheet
- Chris Richards, Wharton, Mateta... I could go on

I'm a very happy guy today

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 07 May 24 9.22am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Rogers the legend

I've had a huge smile on my face all day. Couldn't find a Manure supporters anywhere to take the is out of. Found this though, it is hilarious - the rant is truly monumental.

[Link]

Very enjoyable. Slightly spoiled, for me, at the end by his giving the impression he'd spontaneously combust if it got him more likes and subscriptions.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag South Cronx 07 May 24 9.30am Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It was. I too didn’t think that was actually our most fluid performance of recent weeks but the goals were well taken. Which shows what confidence can do. That said Man U were truly awful, especially in defence, leaving holes everywhere, missing tackles and allowing us to breeze past at will. I think our ladies team would have beaten them tonight.

what I liked about Glasner's post match interview was that he acknowledged that it wasn't our best performance and that Mateta squandered posession a few times. It wasn't done in a way that didn't acknowledge what a great night it was, however you could see he's thirsty for complete performances and that even in a 4-0 drubbing of Utd he's going to ask the players for more - and I think they will respond to that understanding that they can hit even higher levels!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 07 May 24 10.12am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

i did like Roy, and always defended him on here.....but i cannot believe this is the same squad.

It isn't.

The signing of Wharton and Munoz has been massive in our recovery.
No need to mention how important Olise and Eze are.

Roy didn't have the players available to get results.

Having said that, Glasner plays a more positive and attacking brand of football, but then, he can do that because he has the players capable of relieving pressure on the defence. Everyone grows in confidence and plays better when it comes together.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 07 May 24 10.15am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by inflikted

Man Utd are supposed to be after Olise but after that showing would he even WANT to join them? If he does it would solely be for the money which would damage his reputation. Unless Ten Hag gets sacked in which case there would be a case for wanting to be a key figure in the rebuild under the new boss but that's a stretch.

Would be nice to see him get a late call-up to France's Euro 2024 squad though, even as part of the preliminary squad.

Only if you want him to come back in an air ambulance.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 07 May 24 10.16am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

! borrowed this from another site I am still laughing.

[Link]

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rob1969's Profile rob1969 Flag Banstead Surrey 07 May 24 10.16am Send a Private Message to rob1969 Add rob1969 as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Even that is a risk for him, as a footballer with sights set on the top, you cant really afford to join a 'gamble'. Especially as they have been trying to rebuild for 10 years now. If I were him I'd want to see that rebuild happen first

Look what happened to Wilf under a new Manu manager !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 07 May 24 10.23am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

It isn't.

The signing of Wharton and Munoz has been massive in our recovery.
No need to mention how important Olise and Eze are.

Roy didn't have the players available to get results.

Having said that, Glasner plays a more positive and attacking brand of football, but then, he can do that because he has the players capable of relieving pressure on the defence. Everyone grows in confidence and plays better when it comes together.

You are correct, of course. But, at the same time, I think there is a whole lot more to the transformation of players like Jairo, Clyne and Hughes to just having better players around them and their tales up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 07 May 24 10.28am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

! borrowed this from another site I am still laughing.

[Link]

They have YouTube sites devoted to fans watching a match?!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 07 May 24 10.32am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

They have YouTube sites devoted to fans watching a match?!

And with the Japanese bloke it's literally watching him watching the game since he doesn't say anything.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 13 of 18 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Crystal Palace vs. Manchester United match thread