You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Wolves v Palace Matchday thread
June 24 2024 10.37am

Wolves v Palace Matchday thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 7 of 11 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

 

View rob1969's Profile rob1969 Flag Banstead Surrey 11 May 24 5.29pm Send a Private Message to rob1969 Add rob1969 as a friend

Originally posted by PJEagle

Beware of sky high expectations. Pressure can undo a team and a manager. A top ten finish would be good, but European football, let's be realistic I'm not Willo in disguise btw!

Would prefer a good mid table finish and maybe a cup run and chance of a Wembley final than "Europe" next season !


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 11 May 24 5.32pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

What we are seeing is just how further up the table we would be if Eze and Olise had been fit playing together for most of the season instead of the limited number of games they have had.

Our full strength side is a 5-8 place team in the Premier league in my view. It's such a shame that we'll likely never find out the true potential of this particular side....we only got to see them unleashed with Glasner at the backend.

It's going to be fascinating what our team looks like come the new season amid the obvious changes that will come.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 11 May 24 5.45pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by WJK1960

I still haven't forgiven Ahamada for being weak and losing the ball in the 96th minute at home to Luton, who scored two passes later. Just not up to it I'm afraid. A Vieira purchase.

Yep, I'm not impressed with Ahamada yet either, although it was Richard's mistake that caused his desperate run to try to compensate for it.

An enjoyable game though, mainly down to the result and three great goals rather than our overall performance which was patchy at times today.

The stream I managed to pickup had Darren Ambrose co-commentating and his obvious bias towards us made for an amusing sound track. One thing he said was how disappointed he was that all talk after our win over Man U was about how bad they were rather than how well Palace played. Legend.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View VinceHilaire's Profile VinceHilaire Flag London 11 May 24 5.47pm Send a Private Message to VinceHilaire Add VinceHilaire as a friend

I’m betting Glasner’s first two words in his post interview will be …

“Oh yes”

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 11 May 24 6.16pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by palace_in_frogland

Job done, 12th, hard fought victory. Can't remember better times, and I go back a loooong way!

A better time in my time was when we finished 3rd in the top tier.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 11 May 24 6.32pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

What we are seeing is just how further up the table we would be if Eze and Olise had been fit playing together for most of the season instead of the limited number of games they have had.

Our full strength side is a 5-8 place team in the Premier league in my view. It's such a shame that we'll likely never find out the true potential of this particular side....we only got to see them unleashed with Glasner at the backend.

It's going to be fascinating what our team looks like come the new season amid the obvious changes that will come.

What we are also seeing is a Glasner team. Very very different than before.
Imagine where we could go with Doucoure and Lerma back, plus a couple of new players and we would be top 8.

Im in dreamland tonight. We are 2nd in the table over the last 6 games.

Maybe just maybe we can hang on to our two jewels.

Edited by dreamwaverider (11 May 2024 6.38pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne 11 May 24 7.07pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

What I like is the way we get a second wind and we do actually finish teams off when we’re on top now
At Fulham, in the past that game would’ve petered out to a 1-0 loss, but we got a second wind, got on top again and schlupp’s rocket rescued a point. Today we would’ve buckled at 1-2, but no, physically and mentally we are so much better

This is without mentioning the way we’ve blown teams away when getting in front and finishing teams off at selhurst, which has been a problem for a long time, that’s if we’re lucky enough to even get in front

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne 11 May 24 7.07pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

What I like is the way we get a second wind and we do actually finish teams off when we’re on top now
At Fulham, in the past that game would’ve petered out to a 1-0 loss, but we got a second wind, got on top again and schlupp’s rocket rescued a point. Today we would’ve buckled at 1-2, but no, physically and mentally we are so much better

This is without mentioning the way we’ve blown teams away when getting in front and finishing teams off at selhurst, which has been a problem for a long time, that’s if we’re lucky enough to even get in front

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 11 May 24 7.42pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

What we are also seeing is a Glasner team. Very very different than before.
Imagine where we could go with Doucoure and Lerma back, plus a couple of new players and we would be top 8.

Im in dreamland tonight. We are 2nd in the table over the last 6 games.

Maybe just maybe we can hang on to our two jewels.

Edited by dreamwaverider (11 May 2024 6.38pm)

The jewels in the Palace crown.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 11 May 24 7.43pm Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Unbelievable turn around..I feel like his yllow card on the sidelines was good for banter/morale... I liked seeing players coming to is defence too.. he's just doing so well.

I feel that if the team can't see that next year will be exciting and a great opportunity, they never will. We can seriously compete for top 8 with the squad fully fit as it is.. imagine two more additions.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Online Flag In a pub 11 May 24 8.17pm Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by WJK1960

I still haven't forgiven Ahamada for being weak and losing the ball in the 96th minute at home to Luton, who scored two passes later. Just not up to it I'm afraid. A Vieira purchase.

As we all know all our players are Freedman purchases or are you saying Olise ,Guehi,Andersen, Hughes , Edouard (have I missed anyone) were Vieira buys ?

I would give Ahamada a bit of time , he has hardly played bar the odd 5-10 minutes which is difficult at the best of times .

Today he did OK got some tackles in and carried the ball forward well a couple of times .Showed some good energy even when getting back to make his last tackle of the match . Collectively we had a very young midfield that held their own . Ive no complaints

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mileend's Profile mileend Flag East London 11 May 24 8.26pm Send a Private Message to mileend Add mileend as a friend

Originally posted by Elpis

As we all know all our players are Freedman purchases or are you saying Olise ,Guehi,Andersen, Hughes , Edouard (have I missed anyone) were Vieira buys ?

I would give Ahamada a bit of time , he has hardly played bar the odd 5-10 minutes which is difficult at the best of times .

Today he did OK got some tackles in and carried the ball forward well a couple of times .Showed some good energy even when getting back to make his last tackle of the match . Collectively we had a very young midfield that held their own . Ive no complaints

Glasner game Ahamada credit for his pass into Olise for the 3rd goal in his post match interview to the BBC

But as we have six players for two spots he is looking at a battle to get game time next season. Hopefully Oliver will improve him as he has done with others so he'll be ready when he gets his chances.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 7 of 11 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Wolves v Palace Matchday thread