You are here: Home > News > Thomson hoping for new Palace contract
August 20 2026 7.48pm

Thomson hoping for new Palace contract

May 22 2003

Steve Thomson

Steve Thomson

Palace midfielder Steven Thomson is still waiting to hear whether he will be offered a new contract, but the futures of the other six out-of-contract players have all been decided.

Thomson, 24, was up in Edinburgh last week for a trial with Hibernian, but he wants to stay at Palace and is awaiting a new contract offer.

Steve Kember told the Croydon Guardian: "Steven said it went quite well up at Hibs and we will see how it develops over the next week."

Latvian goalkeeper Alex Kolinko has effectively left the club, after making it clear he does not want to sign a new deal, before heading back to Latvia for two international matches in June, which will take him to the end of his current Palace deal.

Dele Adebola, and Cedric Berthelin have all been offered new deals at the club, which they are currently considering.

Kember said: "They have been made offers and it is up to the players now what they want to do."

Youth Academy prospects Gareth Williams, David Hunt, Ben Surey and Ben Watson will be offered senior contracts this week.

Kember said: "They will be made offers and Ben Watson will be made an offer to become a full time pro next week.

"It means we haven't got to go out and get somebody else for those positions and it is good to have players coming through from the Academy."

Latest Headlines

Palace Talk Forum Latest

ST
at 7.42pm by Phil’s Barber

Gold Membership goodies
at 7.29pm by cryrst

"Like a New Signing" Contenders
at 6.42pm by crvenaeagle

Romaine Esse
at 6.19pm by samprior

Everton Predictions
at 6.18pm by mtp1958

Palace Manager
at 6.08pm by mtp1958

Kits for sale in central London?
at 5.46pm by AbbeyRoad1969

Prince Albert....Our Founding Father
at 5.22pm by PalazioVecchio

Bring back Eze?
at 3.53pm by CrazyBadger

Free Programmes
at 2.34pm by Linford

You are here: Home > News > Thomson hoping for new Palace contract