You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Jeremy Corbyn
July 20 2019 7.42pm

Jeremy Corbyn

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 426 of 427 < 422 423 424 425 426 427 >

 

View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 30 Jun 19 10.20pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Dunno about that. A heavily pregnant woman just got stabbed to death in FortNeef.

I am guessing it was a domestic, so maybe nothing specific to the area. It is horribly shocking I'll give you that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 30 Jun 19 11.29pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Well, it may be a sh*thole in your eyes but it's my sh*thole if so.

Seriously, have you been into the middle of Croydon this year? There is an incredible amount going on. Dirty great holes everywhere that used to contain dirty great buildings. My son went into Croydon a couple of weeks back and WhatsApp'd us to ask what the hell had happened to St Georges Walk and the old town hall. It's all been razed to the ground.

Like they say about Spain, it'll be nice when it's finished.

Yeah, we had the contract for monitoring the demolition work, got dragged into project meetings down there a lot. Not for me Maple, not for me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 01 Jul 19 9.30am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I am guessing it was a domestic, so maybe nothing specific to the area. It is horribly shocking I'll give you that.

Its lucky that a domestic in every house doesnt end like this then.
Maple Croydon is shagged and you know it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 01 Jul 19 9.38am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Labour plan changes to the Inheritance Tax and it's not good news.

[Link]

This is the face of real Labour the politics of envy. I bought my own house with my own money, as did my brothers, our parents were poor so never gave us anything. Inheritance tax is a hideous tax and should only be for the very rich. Many people in the South East will get caught by it due to rising house prices.

Supposedly they claim they want to help the younger generation to get on the property ladder, by rebalancing wealth equality, well this will not be the answer.

What we do need is to encourage older people to downsize from family homes perhaps a tax incentive would be the answer.

Anyway yet again Labour show their out of touch with their core voters, I know lots of older "working people" who are income poor but equity rich they will not be voting for this.

Vote Labour they believe in equality of wealth just ask the Cubans and the Venezuelans.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 01 Jul 19 10.15am Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Labour plan changes to the Inheritance Tax and it's not good news.

[Link]

This is the face of real Labour the politics of envy. I bought my own house with my own money, as did my brothers, our parents were poor so never gave us anything. Inheritance tax is a hideous tax and should only be for the very rich. Many people in the South East will get caught by it due to rising house prices.

Supposedly they claim they want to help the younger generation to get on the property ladder, by rebalancing wealth equality, well this will not be the answer.

What we do need is to encourage older people to downsize from family homes perhaps a tax incentive would be the answer.

Anyway yet again Labour show their out of touch with their core voters, I know lots of older "working people" who are income poor but equity rich they will not be voting for this.

Vote Labour they believe in equality of wealth just ask the Cubans and the Venezuelans.

Inheritance tax should be for nobody, it's stealing. They are simply looking for more ways to fund importing more voters to sit on benefits and ensure there is never another non socialist government.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 01 Jul 19 11.03am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Inheritance tax should be for nobody, it's stealing. They are simply looking for more ways to fund importing more voters to sit on benefits and ensure there is never another non socialist government.

Inheritance tax is one of those things I sway on, so I donít know how much should be taxed. But I certainly donít like the people who do nothing their whole lives, posting their life of luxury on social media. They should be taxed.

Instead of this they could make proper strides in taxing internet companies selling their goods here but registered in tax havens. That would raise a few mil more than this proposal. The tax incentive for ageing people to downsize is a good idea.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 01 Jul 19 12.04pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Mods
This should be a separate thread.
It is one that needs eyes on.
Putting it in the JC thread is going to ruin some very good banter as some won't even read it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JohnB's Profile JohnB Flag 01 Jul 19 12.25pm Send a Private Message to JohnB Add JohnB as a friend

I disagree with only the rich should have inheritance tax. Why should hard work and success be met with penalties.

My Dad worked his entire life for Croydon Council and worked his way up in to a senior position. He died last year at 63 and we found out this year that despite working for 42 years in the council, my mum is not entitled to a penny of his state pension. She get's some of his private pension but that's not the point.

So now, they won't pay a penny of pension despite having paid into it since 21 and they expect to tax their estate when my Mum passes, that they have worked for all their lives.

What was the point of them working so hard to build something for themselves and their family only to have it virtually half of it taken away.

It's only going to encourage people to be more creative with passing their money down and discourage people from living in the country.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davidpercival's Profile davidpercival Flag Croydon 01 Jul 19 3.06pm Send a Private Message to davidpercival Add davidpercival as a friend

state retirement pension is not like a private pension. You don't pay into a private pot.Everyone pays N.I. contributions and everyone gets a pension. It applies to everyone, provided you have contributed for a minimum number of years.No doubt your Mum will received a pension in her own right so it is nothing to do with your Dad, just as my wife receives her own pension, as I do.

I don't know about Labour's new proposals on inheritance tax, but in general I think it is a fairer tax method than most.

Originally posted by JohnB

When my wife and I die, I have no problem with some of the great increase in the value of our house going to provide the services that my children and grandchildren, as well as everyone else, are going to need.
-------------------------

I disagree with only the rich should have inheritance tax. Why should hard work and success be met with penalties.

My Dad worked his entire life for Croydon Council and worked his way up in to a senior position. He died last year at 63 and we found out this year that despite working for 42 years in the council, my mum is not entitled to a penny of his state pension. She get's some of his private pension but that's not the point.

So now, they won't pay a penny of pension despite having paid into it since 21 and they expect to tax their estate when my Mum passes, that they have worked for all their lives.

What was the point of them working so hard to build something for themselves and their family only to have it virtually half of it taken away.

It's only going to encourage people to be more creative with passing their money down and discourage people from living in the country.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JohnB's Profile JohnB Flag 01 Jul 19 3.21pm Send a Private Message to JohnB Add JohnB as a friend

Originally posted by davidpercival

state retirement pension is not like a private pension. You don't pay into a private pot.Everyone pays N.I. contributions and everyone gets a pension. It applies to everyone, provided you have contributed for a minimum number of years.No doubt your Mum will received a pension in her own right so it is nothing to do with your Dad, just as my wife receives her own pension, as I do.

I don't know about Labour's new proposals on inheritance tax, but in general I think it is a fairer tax method than most.

Yes I understand that, but this ruling has changed recently. Previously you would get a percentage of your spouses state pension. I don't think it's too much to ask to pay 42 years of National Insurance to then expect an amount towards your partners pension.

He hasn't even drawn a penny of state pension as he passed before he got there, you'd think they could give even 10-20% of the amount to the partner.

I appreciate NI goes to multiple costs but had he lived to 90 he would have got 25 years of pension, instead he's contributed for two thirds of his life and get's nothing back.

It's the principle of it all. This was a conservative policy so I am not bashing JC, but to then add this inheritance tax policy is ridiculous.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 01 Jul 19 4.07pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

'Lifetime gifts' will be impossible for the authorities to monitor/police, therefore the proposed tax is a non-starter, as it will be so easily avoided.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 08 Jul 19 8.20am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Corbyn and Co in trouble again. Former Labour staff have been threatened with lawsuits and reminded they signed NDA's. All of this to stop them speaking out about how Labour have handled anti-Semitism or rather haven't.

Corbyn and Labour have been very vocal about how the rich and powerful are using NDA's to cover up their misdeeds remember the abuse Phillip Green got (and quite rightly).

John McDonnell has said it's not the same thing, actually John it's exactly the same thing.

Hypocrisy and trebles all around please.

It's clear there is now a civil war going on in Labour with the anti Corbyn Remain MPs trying to destabilise him whilst the pro Corbyn Momentum supporters most be wondering if it's time to jump ship to a more electable candidate.

As for Corbyn himself he's now doing a Theresa May trying to keep both wings of the party happy and failing miserably.

"Oh the grand old Duke of York" google the origins of the nursery rhyme.

Edited by Badger11 (08 Jul 2019 8.20am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 426 of 427 < 422 423 424 425 426 427 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Jeremy Corbyn