You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The McCanns
June 15 2019 11.40pm

The McCanns

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 25 of 25 First< 21 22 23 24 25

 

View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 08 May 19 10.39pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

Is your post no longer 'ironic' Chris? Becky is entirely right in what she says. , which mirrored my POV. And again, just because one person here said early on that the money should be spend on knife crime instead, why on earth are you suggesting that those are the two options at hand. They clearly aren't.

If you want to talk about knife crime, there are plenty of threads for that, and this isn't one of them. The very real issue here is whether the money 12 years and over 12 million are a worthwhile ongoing expense, and beyond that, whether targetting this money at other missing children would've made more of a difference. Logically it would've done.

Edited by dollardays (08 May 2019 10.29pm)

You're not actually reading my posts, are you?

Re-read the final sentence ffs, what are you arguing with?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 08 May 19 10.40pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

In terms of guilt and innocence I've been in both camps over the McCann incident. My automatic bias was obviously towards innocence at first because of how most of the media presented the case and of how the McCanns front up.

When I looked into the evidence side of things I ended up 65/35 with accidental death and cover up.

Sure I could be wrong.....I think it happened once in 92.

As for the money spent on it. Initially I think few of us would have had a problem: a missing child is a missing child. However, after a time it really hasn't been defensible from a balanced and/or rational perspective. However, Maddie is a headline and the politician who says no gets the hitjob articles.


Edited by Stirlingsays (08 May 2019 10.27pm)

Yes, it's certainly an incident where a couple of different scenarios make sense. All disconcerting in their own way.

I tend to agree that enough time has passed that tragically its very unlikely that this is going to be resolved, and it's become the endless investigation that nobody dare call time on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 08 May 19 11.22pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

You're not actually reading my posts, are you?

Re-read the final sentence ffs, what are you arguing with?


My point is that in your previous post that both Becky and I replied to, and indeed all previous to it, it wasn't at all clear to either of us that you thought a continued spend on the search for Maddie was a bad idea.

So your view now is that the search for her is completely hopeless, but preferable to spending on inner city knife violence!! Great, I'm not sure that this is the option on the table anyway, but thanks for your ongoing mantra pertaining to it.

My straightforward view is that the endless search for, publicity for, and funds for Maddie, in part snuffs out good work in finding other missing children. That's it.

Perhaps there are aspects of the McCann case or coverage of it that you wish to join us in discussing?


Edited by dollardays (09 May 2019 1.08am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BarEagle's Profile BarEagle Flag Monmouth 08 May 19 11.28pm Send a Private Message to BarEagle Add BarEagle as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

You're not actually reading my posts, are you?

Re-read the final sentence ffs, what are you arguing with?

Are you?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 09 May 19 8.05am Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by BarEagle

Are you?

Wahey, here he is: long time no see. Did you forget the login details to your other account Maple?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 09 May 19 8.16am Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays


My point is that in your previous post that both Becky and I replied to, and indeed all previous to it, it wasn't at all clear to either of us that you thought a continued spend on the search for Maddie was a bad idea.

So your view now is that the search for her is completely hopeless, but preferable to spending on inner city knife violence!! Great, I'm not sure that this is the option on the table anyway, but thanks for your ongoing mantra pertaining to it.

My straightforward view is that the endless search for, publicity for, and funds for Maddie, in part snuffs out good work in finding other missing children. That's it.

Perhaps there are aspects of the McCann case or coverage of it that you wish to join us in discussing?


Edited by dollardays (09 May 2019 1.08am)

If the point was a barn door you'd be swinging at it with banjo and still missing it.

You're just looping back into the same couple of sentences without taking on board any reply. Good luck to you.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 09 May 19 9.01am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Their chips are ok but I still prefer to make my own.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 09 May 19 12.55pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

If the point was a barn door you'd be swinging at it with banjo and still missing it.

You're just looping back into the same couple of sentences without taking on board any reply. Good luck to you.

Yes, yes. All very interesting. Perhaps there are aspects of the McCann case or coverage of it that you wish to join us in discussing?


Edited by dollardays (09 May 2019 2.09pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 09 May 19 12.58pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Their chips are ok but I still prefer to make my own.

12 million pounds worth coming right up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 25 of 25 First< 21 22 23 24 25

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The McCanns