You are here: Home > Message Board > Nostalgia Talk > Topic
February 23 2024 4.48am

New manager discussion (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 369 of 417 < 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 >

Topic Locked

View CPFC/SCCC's Profile CPFC/SCCC Flag Sutton 22 Jun 17 8.28am Send a Private Message to CPFC/SCCC Add CPFC/SCCC as a friend

Originally posted by black eagle.

Thing with puel Southampton only scored 17 goals at home which tells me his a very very defensive coach.

Agree though worth an interview if we can't get our main targets.

Wasn't pulis and big Sam defensive coaches. Pellergino side scored the same amount of goals in the 38 matches as puel did.

Southampton 2016/2017 38 games played- 41 total goals scored... Alaves 2016/2017 38 games played- 41 total goals scored.

 


Andy Johnson Magic, He wears a Magic Hat
When he Sees the match ball, he says he having that
He scores one with left foot, he scores one with his right
And When his playing Brighton, He scores all f***ING Night!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 22 Jun 17 8.35am Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by bexleydave

You have selected part of a discussion, out of context, and gone into a pointless rant.

The discussion related to reports that the US investors are in disagreement with Parish over the choice of manager because they want Dyche and he doesn't. The reason for their choice being that he works on a shoestring budget and they want to rein in spending. There are separate reports that Dyche is unsure about the Palace job due to a proposed lack of transfer budget. I was careful to couch my comments in terms of if either or both of these reports were true.

I have also pointed out that Parish had indicated that transfers were to be Sakho plus one, if Sam had stayed, which equated to around 40m; a decent sum in my view. If the US investors are now wishing to spend less than that, then there is legitimate cause for concern.

Perhaps next time, you should check the whole story before you start hammering away at your keyboard.

Edited by bexleydave (22 Jun 2017 6.32am)

Well said, whatever had happened in the past, we can't change and we now need to move forward and that does include investing in the team especially in defence where we look fragile at times, especially when key players are injured and our cover is that comes in is championship quality at best. lets hope this all coming to a head and that we will have some good news in the next couple of days, it very frustrating for us all but its the future that matters now as we do need to be getting on with our preparation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View black eagle.'s Profile black eagle. Flag south croydon. 22 Jun 17 8.47am Send a Private Message to black eagle. Add black eagle. as a friend

Originally posted by CPFC/SCCC

Wasn't pulis and big Sam defensive coaches. Pellergino side scored the same amount of goals in the 38 matches as puel did.

Southampton 2016/2017 38 games played- 41 total goals scored... Alaves 2016/2017 38 games played- 41 total goals scored.

Those are good stats.didn't realise Puel stats were that good overall.

But as I say worth an interview.8th place in the prem is not to shabby at all.

I think De Boer would play more exciting expansive football.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 22 Jun 17 8.49am Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by Den1923

Well said, whatever had happened in the past, we can't change and we now need to move forward and that does include investing in the team especially in defence where we look fragile at times, especially when key players are injured and our cover is that comes in is championship quality at best. lets hope this all coming to a head and that we will have some good news in the next couple of days, it very frustrating for us all but its the future that matters now as we do need to be getting on with our preparation.

There could be nothing whatsoever in these stories of a boardroom split over finances and we may never have had any interest in signing Dyche either side of the Atlantic. But as the stories are out there, and in light of the protracted process, it's perfectly legitimate to comment on them.

You're quite right Den, that there are clear areas where we need to strengthen, which has nothing whatsoever to do with what we've spent in the past. If we want to stay in the loads-of-money league then continuous improvement is needed.

Edited by bexleydave (22 Jun 2017 8.50am)

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View dp's Profile dp Flag Tunbridge Wells 22 Jun 17 8.57am Send a Private Message to dp Add dp as a friend

Originally posted by bexleydave

You have selected part of a discussion, out of context, and gone into a pointless rant.

The discussion related to reports that the US investors are in disagreement with Parish over the choice of manager because they want Dyche and he doesn't. The reason for their choice being that he works on a shoestring budget and they want to rein in spending. There are separate reports that Dyche is unsure about the Palace job due to a proposed lack of transfer budget. I was careful to couch my comments in terms of if either or both of these reports were true.

I have also pointed out that Parish had indicated that transfers were to be Sakho plus one, if Sam had stayed, which equated to around 40m; a decent sum in my view. If the US investors are now wishing to spend less than that, then there is legitimate cause for concern.

Perhaps next time, you should check the whole story before you start hammering away at your keyboard.

Edited by bexleydave (22 Jun 2017 6.32am)

Bexleydave, this is by no means a criticism so please don't take it as such. I just don't have time to check facts so I am relying on you to inform me.

How much of what you say is fact, and how much is your take on it? I mean is there any concrete evidence that the US investors are pulling up the financial drawbridge?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Jules111's Profile Jules111 Flag Preston, Lancashire 22 Jun 17 8.58am Send a Private Message to Jules111 Add Jules111 as a friend

A British prisoner of war has been found alive and well just outside Poland and he had two questions..

1- Is the war over?
2- Has Steve Parish appointed a manager?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View dp's Profile dp Flag Tunbridge Wells 22 Jun 17 9.04am Send a Private Message to dp Add dp as a friend

Originally posted by Jules111

A British prisoner of war has been found alive and well just outside Poland and he had two questions..

1- Is the war over?
2- Has Steve Parish appointed a manager?

Very good.

Has he just been to the Under 21 Championships? Perhaps he is the man ITK that we heard about 100 pages or so ago.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 22 Jun 17 9.06am Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by dp

Bexleydave, this is by no means a criticism so please don't take it as such. I just don't have time to check facts so I am relying on you to inform me.

How much of what you say is fact, and how much is your take on it? I mean is there any concrete evidence that the US investors are pulling up the financial drawbridge?


I've made it quite clear that these are just rumours. You are well aware that, as far as the managerial recruitment process and related matters are concerned, there are no facts. However, that does not preclude comment, provided it's clear one is dealing with rumours, which I have made crystal.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View dp's Profile dp Flag Tunbridge Wells 22 Jun 17 9.11am Send a Private Message to dp Add dp as a friend

Again not trying to be controversial, but is the lack of transfer budget such a terrible tragedy anyway?

I am not going to become all rose tinted glasses about it, or talk about 2010 etc., but we have a strong first 8 or 9, and a pretty capable back up 5 or 6. We should be able to compete and if we are forced to spend wisely to add to our depth (which is what undermined us last season) then 4 or 5 8 to 10 million players and a couple of loan signings might be what is required.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 22 Jun 17 9.14am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by black eagle.

Those are good stats.didn't realise Puel stats were that good overall.

But as I say worth an interview.8th place in the prem is not to shabby at all.

I think De Boer would play more exciting expansive football.

Which again begs the question why are Southampton going for Pellegrino? I get the feeling we're both going to end up with the wrong man just because someone there wants another Pochettino/Argentinian.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 22 Jun 17 9.16am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by dp

Again not trying to be controversial, but is the lack of transfer budget such a terrible tragedy anyway?

I am not going to become all rose tinted glasses about it, or talk about 2010 etc., but we have a strong first 8 or 9, and a pretty capable back up 5 or 6. We should be able to compete and if we are forced to spend wisely to add to our depth (which is what undermined us last season) then 4 or 5 8 to 10 million players and a couple of loan signings might be what is required.

That isn't really a lack of funds. I'd go further south than that.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View dp's Profile dp Flag Tunbridge Wells 22 Jun 17 9.19am Send a Private Message to dp Add dp as a friend

Originally posted by bexleydave


I've made it quite clear that these are just rumours. You are well aware that, as far as the managerial recruitment process and related matters are concerned, there are no facts. However, that does not preclude comment, provided it's clear one is dealing with rumours, which I have made crystal.

Ok. Thanks. I think you missed my point about it not being a criticism, I just don't have the time to read the last 100 pages to sift the wheat from the chaff. You seem like a sensible bloke who is capable of understanding the difference between conjecture and fact, which was why I directed my question at you.

I wasn't referring to The management process, that seems about as opaque as it could be. Just the comments about transfer budgets and the Americans.

Apologies if I offended you. No offence was intended.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 369 of 417 < 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Nostalgia Talk > Topic