You are here: Home > Message Board > Away Fans > Away fans giving it large
November 27 2022 7.25pm

Away fans giving it large

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last >>

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View exiled eagle's Profile exiled eagle Flag Southampton 08 Aug 17 1.24pm Send a Private Message to exiled eagle Add exiled eagle as a friend

Just a quick request to away fans

Where you are situated in the away section. The stand on your right is the whitehorse end which is a family stand which is as stated a family stand.
Loads of kids in that end.

Ive seen in the past some, not all away fans giving it large with gestures and abuse aimed at that end being its the nearest to them.

Makes me wana puke when I see that.

Give it large to us on the left of you by all means as we dont give a s***e and you will get worse back.

Always love banter between the fans but come on give the family stand a bit of respect.

Hope all away fans that come to selhurst have a great day down here but go away in tears after loosing to us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View hntreagle's Profile hntreagle Flag Croydon 08 Aug 17 2.08pm Send a Private Message to hntreagle Add hntreagle as a friend

Originally posted by exiled eagle

Just a quick request to away fans

Where you are situated in the away section. The stand on your right is the whitehorse end which is a family stand which is as stated a family stand.
Loads of kids in that end.

Ive seen in the past some, not all away fans giving it large with gestures and abuse aimed at that end being its the nearest to them.

Makes me wana puke when I see that.

Give it large to us on the left of you by all means as we dont give a s***e and you will get worse back.

Always love banter between the fans but come on give the family stand a bit of respect.

Hope all away fans that come to selhurst have a great day down here but go away in tears after loosing to us.

Well said. I sat in the Whitehorse for about 5 years with my son, before we moved to the Arfur. It's disgusting what some of the away fans do and say, however I've been on countless away days and seen a minority of our fans do it as well. I suppose it just comes with the territory.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View exiled eagle's Profile exiled eagle Flag Southampton 08 Aug 17 8.48pm Send a Private Message to exiled eagle Add exiled eagle as a friend

Not saying our fans are any better away

Just pointing out to any away fans as to what is sat to the right of them in the Whitehorse end

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Blind Bigot's Profile Blind Bigot Flag Leeds 09 Aug 17 9.03am Send a Private Message to Blind Bigot Add Blind Bigot as a friend

I'd say our fans (Huddersfield Town) don't normally react badly unless opposing fans invite a response.

I agree though, obscene chanting and threats of violence towards families is completely out of order and should be dealt with accordingly.

Unfortunately as we all know every club has a minority of fans who don't care who they offend or upset. Until stewards are given the rights to weed them out, then I'm afraid nothing will change.

I find it completely embarrassed when our fans are found to be at the centre of trouble surrounding games and feel frustrated that the police seem unable to deal with the usually culprits.

BB (HTFC)

Edited by Blind Bigot (09 Aug 2017 9.03am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 09 Aug 17 9.27am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by hntreagle

Well said. I sat in the Whitehorse for about 5 years with my son, before we moved to the Arfur. It's disgusting what some of the away fans do and say, however I've been on countless away days and seen a minority of our fans do it as well. I suppose it just comes with the territory.

My language and banter can be questioned in the past but I can honestly say I've never targeted a family or 'seats', non singers, or stay seated area. Really sad. Shame they're not in a corner by the glaziers. There'd be some amusing return of language from there.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View gambler's Profile gambler Online Flag Kent 09 Aug 17 9.48am Send a Private Message to gambler Add gambler as a friend

I've in the past sat in the whitehorse while away fans have been up that end the the arthur. I sit in the arthur now.

While I agree the away fans are ridiculous at times, it also has to be noted that there's always a few wanna be hard men amongst our fans in the whitehorse, who are happy to stand up and gesture and shout and swear at the away fans while their young kids are sitting next to them looking embarrassed. That's pretty pathetic also.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TerrierTown's Profile TerrierTown Flag 09 Aug 17 3.23pm Send a Private Message to TerrierTown Add TerrierTown as a friend

Originally posted by exiled eagle

Just a quick request to away fans

Where you are situated in the away section. The stand on your right is the whitehorse end which is a family stand which is as stated a family stand.
Loads of kids in that end.

Ive seen in the past some, not all away fans giving it large with gestures and abuse aimed at that end being its the nearest to them.

Makes me wana puke when I see that.

Give it large to us on the left of you by all means as we dont give a s***e and you will get worse back.

Always love banter between the fans but come on give the family stand a bit of respect.

Hope all away fans that come to selhurst have a great day down here but go away in tears after loosing to us.

I agree that chanting at a family stand is unacceptable and would say that on the whole, Town fans are generally ok. However, you always get a mindless few (from whichever team's supporters) who are going to chant at the fans who are nearest to them. This begs the question of why a family stand is next to the away support?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View exiled eagle's Profile exiled eagle Flag Southampton 09 Aug 17 5.30pm Send a Private Message to exiled eagle Add exiled eagle as a friend

Spot on terrier fan

Family stand should never be next to away fans.

Don't get me wrong mate
I am no angel but it does get my back up when I see it happening to families

Give it large to us and I don't care but there are standards.

Wasn't going to debate the subject. Was just pointing it out to away fans.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 10 Aug 17 9.06am Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by TerrierTown

I agree that chanting at a family stand is unacceptable and would say that on the whole, Town fans are generally ok. However, you always get a mindless few (from whichever team's supporters) who are going to chant at the fans who are nearest to them. This begs the question of why a family stand is next to the away support?

There are two reasons for this. Away fans used to be at the opposite end of the Arthur Waite, but when the 'organised support' began to grow in the blocks next to them in the lower Holmesdale, the police identified this as a potential flashpoint. The club were told that either extra policing would be required or the away supporters would need to be moved. The owners decided that they did not wish to pay for additional policing nor to have more police inside the ground so they took the latter option. I think that most would agree that it's not ideal.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View gbox82's Profile gbox82 Flag Meols, Wirral 10 Aug 17 9.30am Send a Private Message to gbox82 Add gbox82 as a friend

Originally posted by bexleydave

There are two reasons for this. Away fans used to be at the opposite end of the Arthur Waite, but when the 'organised support' began to grow in the blocks next to them in the lower Holmesdale, the police identified this as a potential flashpoint. The club were told that either extra policing would be required or the away supporters would need to be moved. The owners decided that they did not wish to pay for additional policing nor to have more police inside the ground so they took the latter option. I think that most would agree that it's not ideal.

This crossed my mind too. I remember at the time that the extra policing was deemed unaffordable, but surely the club is in a better state financially now...so maybe time to move the away fans back to where they used to sit?

Or maybe allocate a different part of the ground as the family area? The corner of the main/holmesdale where the players come out would surely be ideal for this?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 05 Feb 18 1.28pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

It was very nice yesterday leaving with a 6 y-o and a 7 y-o and having a Newcastle fan shouting ``f*** off you f***ing cockney c***s'' across to us, really aggressively and really loudly.

He's obviously as hard as they come.

My lad doesn't know the word c*** (I think), but I reckon his pal does. It was his second game. Must have been surprising. His parents are quite posh.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ian@lowertier's Profile Ian@lowertier Flag Croydon 30 Mar 18 8.57pm Send a Private Message to Ian@lowertier Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Ian@lowertier as a friend

Can not for the life of me think why the club thought it was a good idea to move the away fans right next to the family stand, but this is Palace.
Move the away fans to the middle section of the Arthur Wait would seem to be a sensible idea away form the family stand and away from the lower Holmesdale espically if the get it organised to move the HF to behind the goal area.

Edited by Ian@lowertier (30 Mar 2018 9.00pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Away Fans > Away fans giving it large