You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic
June 25 2024 11.56pm

The run in (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 30 of 33 < 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 >

Topic Locked

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 13 Apr 18 10.07am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

With respect, I have formed a judgement based on various factors and I like to think that I have been consistent in my approach.

Edited by Willo (13 Apr 2018 9.51am)

Good luck tomorrow and after with your analysis using various factors using your consistent approach.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View CambridgeEagle's Profile CambridgeEagle Flag Sydenham 13 Apr 18 10.19am Send a Private Message to CambridgeEagle Add CambridgeEagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

With respect, I have formed a judgement based on various factors and I like to think that I have been consistent in my approach.

Edited by Willo (13 Apr 2018 9.51am)

Your approach was wrong though in past 4 seasons. Definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Perhaps that suggests you should alter your approach to be more realistic?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 13 Apr 18 10.30am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by CambridgeEagle


Your approach was wrong though in past 4 seasons. Definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Perhaps that suggests you should alter your approach to be more realistic?

In actual fact because my prognostication has been wrong before (Not sure for last 4 seasons but throw that in for effect) I have taken a more considered approach this time taking into consideration various factors.

Of course I could be wrong again,but at least I have had the courage to post my genuine opinions which go against what the majority believe but also opens myself up for incessant ordure should we survive.

Predicting football matches is not an exact science and if we could all do so with a very high degree of accuracy we could all be living lives of luxury with wallets stuffed with 50 notes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View stuckinbristol's Profile stuckinbristol Flag In the woodwork. 13 Apr 18 10.36am Send a Private Message to stuckinbristol Add stuckinbristol as a friend

People saying that the top six may well be on the beach, with nothing to play for might just be forgetting our game against Man U at the end of last season.
They had nothing to play for, so put the kids out. As it turned out their kids were better than our men, because they are a top six side, with much deeper resources than us at the bottom.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 13 Apr 18 10.37am Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

In actual fact because my prognostication has been wrong before (Not sure for last 4 seasons but throw that in for effect) I have taken a more considered approach this time taking into consideration various factors.

Of course I could be wrong again,but at least I have had the courage to post my genuine opinions which go against what the majority believe but also opens myself up for incessant ordure should we survive.

Predicting football matches is not an exact science and if we could all do so with a very high degree of accuracy we could all be living lives of luxury with wallets stuffed with 50 notes.

I'd still be interested to know how many points you think each team will did up on...something you seem reluctant to post. Not the whole analysis, just the six figures. You must know this, otherwise you wouldnt conclude we are relegated. Difficult to debate seriously with you when we don't know what your detailed analysis ends up with.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 13 Apr 18 10.40am Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Run-Ins of some of our rivals

Southampton :
Home - Chelsea,Bournemouth,Man C
Away - Leicester,Everton,Swansea

Huddersfield :
Home - Watford,Everton,Arsenal
Away - Man C, Chelsea

Stoke :
Home - Burnley, C.Palace
Away - W.Ham,Liverpool,Swansea

Swansea :
Home - Everton,Chelsea,Southampton,Stoke
Away - Man C,Bournemouth

Brighton :
Home - Tottenham,Man Utd
Away - C.Palace,Burnley,Man C,Liverpool

W.Ham :
Home - Stoke,Man C,Everton,Man Utd
Away - Arsenal,Leicester

Edited by Willo (12 Apr 2018 7.24pm)

Just as people are being told to leave you alone of be carded, you post something that will clearly start people having a go at you again. Clever.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 13 Apr 18 10.42am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

In actual fact because my prognostication has been wrong before (Not sure for last 4 seasons but throw that in for effect) I have taken a more considered approach this time taking into consideration various factors.

Of course I could be wrong again,but at least I have had the courage to post my genuine opinions which go against what the majority believe but also opens myself up for incessant ordure should we survive.

Predicting football matches is not an exact science and if we could all do so with a very high degree of accuracy we could all be living lives of luxury with wallets stuffed with 50 notes.

Wow, how brave of you. The locals must salute your bravery so you don't have to buy a drink all year. How about putting on some pocket change on us at 9/1 to go down. Ooh, you're not that brave.

I wish I'd Layed your predictions then I'd be richer.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 13 Apr 18 10.44am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

Just as people are being told to leave you alone of be carded, you post something that will clearly start people having a go at you again. Clever.

Exactly. But nobody is digging him. Just debating how incredulous this analysis is, or isn't, if you know what I mean.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
chateauferret Flag 13 Apr 18 10.49am

Originally posted by stuckinbristol

People saying that the top six may well be on the beach, with nothing to play for might just be forgetting our game against Man U at the end of last season.
They had nothing to play for, so put the kids out. As it turned out their kids were better than our men, because they are a top six side, with much deeper resources than us at the bottom.

Yes. And Spurs 7 Hull 1.

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 13 Apr 18 10.52am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by chateauferret

Yes. And Spurs 7 Hull 1.

Hull 1 - 7 Spurs.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View dp's Profile dp Flag Tunbridge Wells 13 Apr 18 10.56am Send a Private Message to dp Add dp as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

I'd still be interested to know how many points you think each team will did up on...something you seem reluctant to post. Not the whole analysis, just the six figures. You must know this, otherwise you wouldnt conclude we are relegated. Difficult to debate seriously with you when we don't know what your detailed analysis ends up with.

This was a good thread. People were coming on and talking about the likelihood that we would stay up / go down, backed up with limited analysis (but that is all that is required).

The thread has been derailed because people (a person!) has come on with some fairly contentious views and alluding to having carried out analysis (that they wont share), and generally enjoying winding everyone up.

People have asked for the supporting analysis enough times. We can't engage with the subject without it. It is clear that it is not coming. So continuing to discuss the run-in with these people is not going to (for me) be much fun.

I try and avoid people who argue like this in the pub. So I am going to do the same thing on here. If we all do the same then we can hopefully get the thread back on track.

So, for once and for all, can we stop with all of these "Willo" posts.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 13 Apr 18 10.59am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

Just as people are being told to leave you alone of be carded, you post something that will clearly start people having a go at you again. Clever.

With the greatest of respect, the thread is about the 'Run In' and all I did was to post the remaining fixtures of the relegation candidates which I am sure you will conclude is relevant to the debate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 30 of 33 < 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic