You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic
July 16 2024 2.13pm

The run in (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 32 of 33 < 28 29 30 31 32 33 >

Topic Locked

View AERO's Profile AERO Flag 13 Apr 18 12.06pm Send a Private Message to AERO Add AERO as a friend

Yawn !!!!!!!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
chateauferret Flag 13 Apr 18 12.11pm

Originally posted by Willo

Southamption kick-off ay 12.30 and if they win we will slip into the 'Bottom Three' on goal difference.
So yes my 'Analysis' with regards to this is correct.

Exactly the sort of quibbling, pedantic, pathetic little academic point I expected you to make. The fact that the games are played at different times that day has absolutely no bearing on the standings at the end of the season whatsoever. And the assertion you're purporting to back up is to do with the standings at the end of the season, not at 2.30 tomorrow afternoon.

So, is the rest of your "analysis" equally correct?

Edited by chateauferret (13 Apr 2018 12.13pm)

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 13 Apr 18 12.38pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by chateauferret

Exactly the sort of quibbling, pedantic, pathetic little academic point I expected you to make. The fact that the games are played at different times that day has absolutely no bearing on the standings at the end of the season whatsoever. And the assertion you're purporting to back up is to do with the standings at the end of the season, not at 2.30 tomorrow afternoon.

So, is the rest of your "analysis" equally correct?

Edited by chateauferret (13 Apr 2018 12.13pm)

For "Quibbling", "Pedantic" etc etc read FACT.

The fact is that should Southampton beat Chelsea in the 12.30 KO we will be in the 'Bottom Three'.My analysis on this is 100% correct.I made no reference to any bearing at the end of the season nor was I purporting as such.etc etc.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View dp's Profile dp Flag Tunbridge Wells 13 Apr 18 12.39pm Send a Private Message to dp Add dp as a friend

Just for comparison, the teams who were relegated / stayed up last year had the following run ins:

Sunderland 21 points at this stage, relegated with 24 points.

Middlesborough 23 points at this stage, relegated with 28 points.

Hull 30 points at this stage, relegated with 34 points.

These three only pulled off 1 surprise (a 2-2 draw Middlesborough v Man City).

Watford 40 points at this stage, stayed up with 40 points.

Burnley 36 points at this stage, stayed up with 40 points.

Swansea 28 points at this stage, stayed up with 41 points.

So, taking these into account - of the bottom six, four picked up between three and five points; one picked up no points and Swansea picked up 13.

So applying these to this season, assuming on eof the bottom six picks up 13 points, one picks up 0 points and the remainder pick up 5 points:

West Brom - currently 21 points; between 21 points, 26 points and 34 points.
Stoke - currently 27 points between; between 27 points 32 points, and 40 points.
Southampton - currently 28 points; between 28 points, 33 points and 41 points.
Huddersfield - currently 32 points; between 32 points, 37 points and 45 points.

Thus, we will need 37 points.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
chateauferret Flag 13 Apr 18 12.41pm

Originally posted by Willo

For "Quibbling", "Pedantic" etc etc read FACT.

The fact is that should Southampton beat Chelsea in the 12.30 KO we will be in the 'Bottom Three'.My analysis on this is 100% correct.I made no reference to any bearing at the end of the season nor was I purporting as such.etc etc.

Exactly. In other words, the technicality you quoted proves absolutely nothing of any worth.

I think I've satisfied myself now that your "analysis" as regards our prospects of survival or relegation is totally bogus and is either so confused as to be worthless or else does not exist at all. Your final sentence above admits as much.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 13 Apr 18 12.44pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

This is why he should be ignored. In fact the whole thread has little left to be said on it until there's a game played.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 13 Apr 18 12.48pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by chateauferret

Exactly. In other words, the technicality you quoted proves absolutely nothing of any worth.

I think I've satisfied myself now that your "analysis" as regards our prospects of survival or relegation is totally bogus and is either so confused as to be worthless or else does not exist at all. Your final sentence above admits as much.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Hardly a technicality, it is FACT.
You were wrong,I was right so I need not take any lessons from you about my flawed 'Analysis'.

As of "Nothing of any worth", perhaps being in the 'Bottom Three' could be psychologically more damaging to our players as they play Brighton.Possibly,who knows ? Anyhow, I really don't think there is anything to add on this subject.

Edited by Willo (13 Apr 2018 12.49pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 13 Apr 18 12.56pm Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

It takes a certain amount of fortitude to state an honest opinion in the knowledge that it might receive some virulent criticism, not only in the present but in the future if by chance we survive.

My judgement is my honest and genuine assessment of our prospects and certainly NOT manufactured to attract an adverse reaction.

I really think that WILLO v The Rest is not best serving this thread so I shall play my part in trying to keep it on track by patently NOT responding to any further goadings.In actual fact I believe it is probably best I refrain from any further postings on this thread.

Edited by Willo (13 Apr 2018 11.52am)

Didn't think that would last long

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 13 Apr 18 1.27pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Southamption kick-off ay 12.30 and if they win we will slip into the 'Bottom Three' on goal difference.
So yes my 'Analysis' with regards to this is correct.

But your ĎAnalysisí that we are one point from the drop zone is therefore incorrect, is it not?

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 13 Apr 18 1.32pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by YT


But your ĎAnalysisí that we are one point from the drop zone is therefore incorrect, is it not?

Did I say "One point" ? If so I meant "One place".
And if Southampton beat Chelsea in the early kick-off we plummet into that Drop Zone.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
simonmdt Flag x 13 Apr 18 1.36pm


"I really think that WILLO v The Rest is not best serving this thread so I shall play my part in trying to keep it on track by patently NOT responding to any further goadings.In actual fact I believe it is probably best I refrain from any further postings on this thread."

Willo please respect your earlier post, there's a good chap

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post
View stuckinbristol's Profile stuckinbristol Flag In the woodwork. 13 Apr 18 1.40pm Send a Private Message to stuckinbristol Add stuckinbristol as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Did I say "One point" ? If so I meant "One place".
And if Southampton beat Chelsea in the early kick-off we plummet into that Drop Zone.

And by the same logic, if we then manage to scrape a draw against Brighton we will be back out.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 32 of 33 < 28 29 30 31 32 33 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic