You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Has the Queen betrayed her Coronation Oath?
February 17 2019 7.35am

Has the Queen betrayed her Coronation Oath?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 26 May 18 10.42pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

In her Coronation Oath, 1953 the Queen answered 'I will.' to following from the Archbishop.

Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Union of South Africa, pakistan, and Ceylon, and of your Possessions and the other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?

The Queen signed into assent the Treaty of Rome 1957, the EEC act 1972, the Maastrict treaty 1992, the Barcelona treaty 1995 and Lisbon 2007.

Then the soon to become Queen answered 'All this I promise to do.' to the following.

Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel? Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the United Kingdom the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law? Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church of England, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in England? And will you preserve unto the Bishops and Clergy of England, and to the Churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?

Now I'm not religious but I've seen the rise of other religions in this country even dent the rule of secularism.....with parallel district courts and laws almost amounting to blasphemy being introduced here.

Whether it is to do with signing away sovereign powers to outside institutions or watching the decline and loss of Christian hegemony in the country the Queen has said and done nothing.

I know she is only a representative but she should have made a stand at some point but she has done nothing. Perhaps she is weak or badly advised but that's no excuse for her position. Indeed when we look at what she has said all that appears important is maintaining the monarchy....while watching what it's meant to do vanish.

I'm coming to the conclusion that she probably has betrayed her Coronation Oath.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View lefty27's Profile lefty27 Flag ipswich 26 May 18 11.09pm Send a Private Message to lefty27 Add lefty27 as a friend

Are you on a wind up? She is symbolic, we as a nation are a democracy. She follows the will of the people and elected government of the time be that left or right.
She may have signed the EEC act but she will also sign what ever it is that takes us out of Europe, who knows what her personal views are.
The world has changed a bit since 1953.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View syd snot's Profile syd snot Flag munich 26 May 18 11.18pm Send a Private Message to syd snot Add syd snot as a friend

Post your thoughts off to Buck House mate I'm pretty sure it will garner more interest than this gaff.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 26 May 18 11.20pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by lefty27

Are you on a wind up? She is symbolic, we as a nation are a democracy. She follows the will of the people and elected government of the time be that left or right.
She may have signed the EEC act but she will also sign what ever it is that takes us out of Europe, who knows what her personal views are.
The world has changed a bit since 1953.

Read the oath.....meant to be said honestly to her god.

That's the truth of the matter.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 26 May 18 11.21pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

In her Coronation Oath, 1953 the Queen answered 'I will.' to following from the Archbishop.

Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Union of South Africa, pakistan, and Ceylon, and of your Possessions and the other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?

The Queen signed into assent the Treaty of Rome 1957, the EEC act 1972, the Maastrict treaty 1992, the Barcelona treaty 1995 and Lisbon 2007.

Then the soon to become Queen answered 'All this I promise to do.' to the following.

Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel? Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the United Kingdom the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law? Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church of England, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in England? And will you preserve unto the Bishops and Clergy of England, and to the Churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?

Now I'm not religious but I've seen the rise of other religions in this country even dent the rule of secularism.....with parallel district courts and laws almost amounting to blasphemy being introduced here.

Whether it is to do with signing away sovereign powers to outside institutions or watching the decline and loss of Christian hegemony in the country the Queen has said and done nothing.

I know she is only a representative but she should have made a stand at some point but she has done nothing. Perhaps she is weak or badly advised but that's no excuse for her position. Indeed when we look at what she has said all that appears important is maintaining the monarchy....while watching what it's meant to do vanish.

I'm coming to the conclusion that she probably has betrayed her Coronation Oath.

No

Moving on to your next bizarre anti everybody post then...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 26 May 18 11.22pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by syd snot

Post your thoughts off to Buck House mate I'm pretty sure it will garner more interest than this gaff.

You have a valid point.

I just wanted to make it here I suppose.

Edited by Stirlingsays (26 May 2018 11.27pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 26 May 18 11.30pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

No

Moving on to your next bizarre anti everybody post then...

Well, I disagree. I kind of think on the balance of it she has.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 27 May 18 10.02am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I am a republican yet even I concede she has been magnificent for this country. Her family not so much but she has never put a foot wrong.

I don't think she has betrayed her oath. She is a very religious lady and she promised to serve the nation and she has done that with bells on. Back in the 1950's I doubt anybody could foresee the type of country we have today. We still had an empire back then.

The coronation oath changes with each monarch I expect the next one will be very different from the current one. For example I would disestablish the Church of England we are not an Islamic state even Italy doesn't have a state religion. However that does not mean that Charles could not be Head of the Church of England if he wanted to be although he has hinted he wants to be the "defender of all faiths"

If anyone has betrayed this country it is the lying scheming politicians.

Edited by Badger11 (27 May 2018 10.03am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 27 May 18 11.24am Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Think you need to leave the house a bit more mate

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View regal_eagle's Profile regal_eagle Flag somewhere 27 May 18 12.51pm Send a Private Message to regal_eagle Add regal_eagle as a friend

Bore off

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 27 May 18 3.42pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I am a republican yet even I concede she has been magnificent for this country. Her family not so much but she has never put a foot wrong.

I don't think she has betrayed her oath. She is a very religious lady and she promised to serve the nation and she has done that with bells on. Back in the 1950's I doubt anybody could foresee the type of country we have today. We still had an empire back then.

The coronation oath changes with each monarch I expect the next one will be very different from the current one. For example I would disestablish the Church of England we are not an Islamic state even Italy doesn't have a state religion. However that does not mean that Charles could not be Head of the Church of England if he wanted to be although he has hinted he wants to be the "defender of all faiths"

If anyone has betrayed this country it is the lying scheming politicians.

Edited by Badger11 (27 May 2018 10.03am)

You at least make an argument unlike some on here who have just responded with childish insults.

Personally I go back to the original point.....it's quite clear. At some point, she should have taken a stand if she took that oath seriously.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 27 May 18 4.29pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

the main jobs of the Queen :

-eat cake
- wear silly hats
- be polite and do not make a scene in public
- speak anodyne platitudes about the weather but actually say nothing of any import.


 


34,300 reasons to love Selhurst in 2021

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Has the Queen betrayed her Coronation Oath?