You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Why is this a BBC top story?
December 14 2019 4.26pm

Why is this a BBC top story?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 81 of 85 < 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Nov 19 10.15am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by sickboy

A lot of the same genes involved as the Baltic sea used to freeze in winter ,so , could be crossed by horse and cart.

Fecking hell sickboy....you must be really really old!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sickboy's Profile sickboy Flag Deal or Croydon 18 Nov 19 11.11am Send a Private Message to sickboy Add sickboy as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Fecking hell sickboy....you must be really really old!

Now you know the reason i have no soul.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Nov 19 1.48pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by sickboy

Now you know the reason i have no soul.

Yeah after a while the heels go completely.

In all seriousness though, the genes of the white 'anglo saxons' that remain today have been widely surveyed. It makes for interesting reading.

[Link]

Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Nov 2019 1.49pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Nov 19 2.42pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Yeah after a while the heels go completely.

In all seriousness though, the genes of the white 'anglo saxons' that remain today have been widely surveyed. It makes for interesting reading.

[Link]

Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Nov 2019 1.49pm)

Yeah. According to the latest release, 84% of my genes are English, which presumably means that those genes have existed in England for more than 2000 years, which is about the range of the tests, or mutated here.

I also have 2% Germanic,6% Norwegian, 2% Swedish, 6% Irish/Scottish.

I'm sure many others are similar and this makes a mockery of the idea that the current levels of immigration as somehow par for the course.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Nov 19 2.59pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Yeah. According to the latest release, 84% of my genes are English, which presumably means that those genes have existed in England for more than 2000 years, which is about the range of the tests, or mutated here.

I also have 2% Germanic,6% Norwegian, 2% Swedish, 6% Irish/Scottish.

I'm sure many others are similar and this makes a mockery of the idea that the current levels of immigration as somehow par for the course.

Tips hat.

As I have a Belfast father I suspect your outcome is more English than mine.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Nov 19 3.40pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Tips hat.

As I have a Belfast father I suspect your outcome is more English than mine.

I suppose that depends where his forebears came from.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Nov 19 3.45pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I suppose that depends where his forebears came from.

I only really know one half of my family history. But the surname is probably a partial clue.

I'll take one of those tests in the new year, should be interesting.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Nov 19 3.59pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I only really know one half of my family history. But the surname is probably a partial clue.

I'll take one of those tests in the new year, should be interesting.

DNA tests are rather general and are based on the comparisons with a reference panel.

Looking at my 'English' genes, they also seem to be linked to Danish, French and other north west European genes which make things a little less clear.

It all needs a little more explanation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Nov 19 4.08pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

DNA tests are rather general and are based on the comparisons with a reference panel.

Looking at my 'English' genes, they also seem to be linked to Danish, French and other north west European genes which make things a little less clear.

It all needs a little more explanation.

Well the English are from there so it counts.

Essentially these islands are northern European. We need to protect that heritage and maintain it with a permanent and legal requirement.

As the Israelis have done for Israel and as many nations outside Europe have also done using various legal requirements.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Nov 19 9.55pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Well the English are from there so it counts.

Essentially these islands are northern European. We need to protect that heritage and maintain it with a permanent and legal requirement.

As the Israelis have done for Israel and as many nations outside Europe have also done using various legal requirements.

Quite.

I think the problem lies with how they are expressed on Ancestry.
Bottom line is that my ancestors have been here for a very long time.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 18 Nov 19 11.12pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

[Link]

“Did UK Special Forces murder Afghan children?”

I don’t know and neither does the bbc but they want to put our soldiers through years of legal process and threat of a murder trial just in case. as if spending time in that hell hole under fire wasn’t bad enough.

"The BBC's claims have been passed to the Service Police and the Service Prosecuting Authority who remain open to considering allegations."

Why couldn’t they put the same level of effort into the grooming scandal? f*** all these people. they are the enemy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 19 Nov 19 5.19am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by W12

[Link]

“Did UK Special Forces murder Afghan children?”

I don’t know and neither does the bbc but they want to put our soldiers through years of legal process and threat of a murder trial just in case. as if spending time in that hell hole under fire wasn’t bad enough.

"The BBC's claims have been passed to the Service Police and the Service Prosecuting Authority who remain open to considering allegations."

Why couldn’t they put the same level of effort into the grooming scandal? f*** all these people. they are the enemy.

100 percent.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 81 of 85 < 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Why is this a BBC top story?