You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Holmesdale Fanatics thread
July 19 2024 1.09am

The Holmesdale Fanatics thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 90 of 203 < 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 >

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Sep 18 7.56pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

There’s also the club statement on Facebook with people arguing underneath. I haven’t read it but there’s E block fans refusing to move due to years there and years their dad was standing there etc etc.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View murphyn13's Profile murphyn13 Flag portsmouth 03 Sep 18 8.33pm Send a Private Message to murphyn13 Add murphyn13 as a friend

From reading the HF statement, it looks like their gripe is that although Parish didn’t promise to definitively incorporate this safe standing/central area, he promise to at least consult those who currently reside within block E. That doesn’t seem to have been the case, no official steps were taken to “sound out” whether or not it could be done in the first instance. If parish has just been playing lip service, then the HF have every right to be frustrated if the opportunity never ever arose in the first instance by parish neglecting to ask the current block E ticket holders.

What if 100 or so of them were fine with switching? And we had the HF in place on our first game under the lights with Liverpool, and to drive us on against Southampton? Different results? Maybe... Better atmosphere ... absolutely, and I’d have enjoyed myself a hell of a lot more in any event.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
.TUX. Flag 03 Sep 18 9.06pm

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

There’s also the club statement on Facebook with people arguing underneath. I haven’t read it but there’s E block fans refusing to move due to years there and years their dad was standing there etc etc.

That was then, this is now.
Life moves on.

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace 1979's Profile Palace 1979 Flag Surrey 03 Sep 18 9.28pm Send a Private Message to Palace 1979 Add Palace 1979 as a friend

I hope there is some kind of resolution to this before it is too late.

We want the HF and I'm sure they don't want to leave forever.

All parties involved need to get this sorted as the atmosphere is worse than Arsenal!!

I remember some terrible matches many years ago with a poor atmosphere, but Saturday was as bad as I can remember.

It's a combination of a poor performance and a really negative feeling sweeping across the club at the moment.


Come on SP and HF..please sort this out.

 


Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
simonmdt Flag x 03 Sep 18 9.33pm

Originally posted by murphyn13

From reading the HF statement, it looks like their gripe is that although Parish didn’t promise to definitively incorporate this safe standing/central area, he promise to at least consult those who currently reside within block E. That doesn’t seem to have been the case, no official steps were taken to “sound out” whether or not it could be done in the first instance. If parish has just been playing lip service, then the HF have every right to be frustrated if the opportunity never ever arose in the first instance by parish neglecting to ask the current block E ticket holders.

What if 100 or so of them were fine with switching? And we had the HF in place on our first game under the lights with Liverpool, and to drive us on against Southampton? Different results? Maybe... Better atmosphere ... absolutely, and I’d have enjoyed myself a hell of a lot more in any event.


Utter f***ing bollocks! Whatever people think the value of a great atmosphere is, and I for one enjoy games more for it, the truth is it has never ever resulted in better results - our home record is s***e. Fortress Selhurst is a myth

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
simonmdt Flag x 03 Sep 18 9.34pm

Originally posted by .TUX.

That was then, this is now.
Life moves on.

This is their now, you t***

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View bicycle repair man's Profile bicycle repair man 03 Sep 18 9.38pm Send a Private Message to bicycle repair man Add bicycle repair man as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

He should apologise and ask them if they'll come back in return for

*designated singing areas in all 4 stands from the 2019-20 season onwards
*no automatic seat renewals ever again -- season ticket holders, after a certain date, can book for a new season in what is an effectively empty stadium
*large block bookings become permitted, if the spaces are available

the automatic seat renewal thing is the worst possible thing for atmosphere

No seat renewals for loyal long time supporters?
That's a complete and utter garbage idea.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
.TUX. Flag 03 Sep 18 9.42pm

Originally posted by simonmdt

This is their now, you t***

Oh dear.
So does every seat come with a 'lifetime guarantee'?
Prick.

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 03 Sep 18 9.42pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

See on the link where a fan says he does not want to move as he's been in his seat since the Holmesdale opened. I have also seen other quotes saying the same thing. As far as I'm concerned the HF are not the great supporters they make themselves out to be or they would still be there regardless.

I don't get all this s***e atmosphere nonsense as games are only won by the players on the field.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
.TUX. Flag 03 Sep 18 9.44pm

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

See on the link where a fan says he does not want to move as he's been in his seat since the Holmesdale opened. I have also seen other quotes saying the same thing. As far as I'm concerned the HF are not the great supporters they make themselves out to be or they would still be there regardless.

I don't get all this s***e atmosphere nonsense as games are only won by the players on the field.

Wrong thread?

 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag 03 Sep 18 9.50pm Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

Originally posted by Nobbybm

Why are so many banging on about the Club ‘breaking promises ‘?

From everything I’ve seen on forums, Facebook, Twitter etc all they ever said was it was a good idea to try and create a singing section & they’d look into it. Ok, communication seems to have been poor but what ‘promises ‘ have been broken?

There is an answer, probably several, to the issue but moving E isn’t one of them. Not until the development work is done or safe standing permitted anyway.

It’s almost as if folk look for reasons to slag the Club off that aren’t there which makes th HF & their supporters look unnecessarily childish.

The clubs statement from this morning basically says that they were going ahead with it until current E Blocks caught wind of it via a leak and complained which is when they seem to have made a complete U turn.
They should have consulted E Blockers before making any plans with the HF. Perhaps "promises" is a bit too strong a word but the writings on the wall with this one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag 03 Sep 18 10.01pm Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

From the mail article linked on the previous page.

Screenshot_20180903-215644_1.jpg Attachment: Screenshot_20180903-215644_1.jpg (37.23Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 90 of 203 < 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Holmesdale Fanatics thread