You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > our strikers
June 25 2019 12.36pm

our strikers

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 8 of 13 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 17 Oct 18 8.28pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Aray

Maybe we're talking about different things. I was addressing your point saying we haven't got anyone to replace Cabaye. We do his name is Meyer.

I only mentioned formation as a passing point.

The lack of quality up front is not a new thing. RLC hardly scored a boatload did he?



No but he was able to beat a couple of players from a standing start and open the game up rather than play another square pass. Cabaye could also find some quality and open thing s up when there was little space.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jjsperling's Profile jjsperling Flag 23 Oct 18 11.26pm Send a Private Message to jjsperling Add jjsperling as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Striking Options' by Midlands Eagle

Could Connor Wickham be the solution to give us an edge going forward. Or should we stick with Ayew, or the Zaha-Townsend partnership?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 24 Oct 18 2.02am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Striking Options' by Midlands Eagle

He could be, yes. Or not. But hopefully.

Merrrrrrge.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
chateauferret Flag 24 Oct 18 9.40am

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

You know what, I'll hold my hands up. I completely forgot we played the two of them together at the end of the season. I was thinking of October/November 2017 when aside from the Chelsea result it didn't really work. In fact Tekkers return to the team saw us get a win at Stoke (he came on at h/t when it was 0-0) and scored in the 3-0 win away to Leicester after we reverted to a normal striker. Maybe dementia is setting in early?

Perhaps you ought to be in charge of substitutions :-)

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 24 Oct 18 12.24pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Originally posted by jjsperling

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Striking Options' by Midlands Eagle

Could Connor Wickham be the solution to give us an edge going forward. Or should we stick with Ayew, or the Zaha-Townsend partnership?

A fit Connor Wickham up front would be preferable to any other striker options we have at the moment. For a while though I think we will all be holding our breath every time he breaks into a run.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 24 Oct 18 1.07pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

We bought Benteke with the anticipation he would score the 15-20 goals per season that would at least keep us from struggling.
This hasnít happened over the last 18 months and it seems unlikely it will happen any time soon.
He doesnít suit the way we play and we donít play to his strengths even when heís fit.
I would be surprised if Ayew, Sorloth and Wickham between them get to double figures this season.
This means we have to either,
1) Buy/ Losn a striker in January that solves the problem
2) Rely on other members of the team to chip in with goals
3) Keep clean sheets that will enable us to gain narrow wins and draws
Ideally you would want a combination of the above.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 24 Oct 18 1.07pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

A fit Connor Wickham up front would be preferable to any other striker options we have at the moment. For a while though I think we will all be holding our breath every time he breaks into a run.

.........or a sweat for that matter !!

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 24 Oct 18 1.24pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

I was in conversation yesterday with an A.Villa supporter who simply cannot believe what has happened to Benteke.He said that he was brilliant for A.Villa and was keeping Lukaku out of the Belgium team.He is unrecognisable from the player at that club.

In actual fact, a couple of years ago, I saw Gordon 'Sid' Cowans in a pub in Lichfield.Cowans was coach at A.Villa when Benteke was there.I intended to speak to 'Sid' about Benteke but never got to speak to him.

Edited by Willo (24 Oct 2018 1.34pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 24 Oct 18 2.25pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I was in conversation yesterday with an A.Villa supporter who simply cannot believe what has happened to Benteke.He said that he was brilliant for A.Villa and was keeping Lukaku out of the Belgium team.He is unrecognisable from the player at that club.

In actual fact, a couple of years ago, I saw Gordon 'Sid' Cowans in a pub in Lichfield.Cowans was coach at A.Villa when Benteke was there.I intended to speak to 'Sid' about Benteke but never got to speak to him.

Edited by Willo (24 Oct 2018 1.34pm)

It happens, look at Fernando Torres.

Itís a combination of factors spearheaded by a mental problem and lack of confidence. Benteke is possibly the best header of a ball in the league, or he was at least, but we have never exploited that properly.

He was a different player at Villa for sure. Sad reality is he may never get back there after misfiring for so long.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JohnB's Profile JohnB Flag 24 Oct 18 2.59pm Send a Private Message to JohnB Add JohnB as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

It happens, look at Fernando Torres.

Itís a combination of factors spearheaded by a mental problem and lack of confidence. Benteke is possibly the best header of a ball in the league, or he was at least, but we have never exploited that properly.

He was a different player at Villa for sure. Sad reality is he may never get back there after misfiring for so long.

I actually think Benteke has been playing injured for the best part of 2 years. It's clear we have had no other options at the club and the operation he's had now was a last resort after continuous attempts to patch him up and get him out for the next game. My main annoyance is that the club should probably have made him have an op right at the end of the last season with a view to having him back for the start of this one.

We've seen how often Zaha is pushed back early when he should be out for a few weeks and his form has suffered for it.

It may be wishful thinking, but I genuinely think if he comes back in January fully fit, we'll see a completely different Benteke to the one we've seen the last 18 months. We saw enough in his first season to know he's got it in him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 26 Oct 18 10.13pm Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by JohnB

I actually think Benteke has been playing injured for the best part of 2 years. It's clear we have had no other options at the club and the operation he's had now was a last resort after continuous attempts to patch him up and get him out for the next game. My main annoyance is that the club should probably have made him have an op right at the end of the last season with a view to having him back for the start of this one.

We've seen how often Zaha is pushed back early when he should be out for a few weeks and his form has suffered for it.

It may be wishful thinking, but I genuinely think if he comes back in January fully fit, we'll see a completely different Benteke to the one we've seen the last 18 months. We saw enough in his first season to know he's got it in him.

My thoughts have been along these lines . there is no way we have the player that Liverpool signed from Villa so something has gone wrong somewhere . An ongoing injury could be the problem and the op and the rest could do Christian the world of good. I did think he was not 100% last season and nothing changed at the start of this so maybe it was the club delaying for the sake of having him in squad and finally deciding they had made the wrong call .

COYP , CO Christian .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilbraham413's Profile Wilbraham413 Flag 27 Oct 18 4.12pm Send a Private Message to Wilbraham413 Add Wilbraham413 as a friend

Glenn Murray now has more goals than our entire team.

I don't see how we can keep going like this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 8 of 13 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > our strikers