You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic
December 6 2023 4.22am

The Wan Bissaka thread (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 84 of 106 < 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 >

Topic Locked

View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 26 Jun 19 3.36pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by A1969Eagle

I have just read AWB (and its still alot of money to most people) is on 10k a week, the lowest of all Palace 1st team players, why the FUDGE did someone not see last season, his own potential and pay him (get a new contract) similar to LUKA (even as the season ended, sat him down and said we want you to sign a new contract so he would want to stay with deserved package!!
No wonder 80K a week and more to come is sounding good at Manure, and wanted to leave, show them players there worth!!
I consider this as another management failure (from the outside) of Palace management.
Your view

We didn't want to keep him or else we would have.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 26 Jun 19 3.37pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by A1969Eagle

I have just read AWB (and its still alot of money to most people) is on 10k a week, the lowest of all Palace 1st team players, why the FUDGE did someone not see last season, his own potential and pay him (get a new contract) similar to LUKA (even as the season ended, sat him down and said we want you to sign a new contract so he would want to stay with deserved package!!
No wonder 80K a week and more to come is sounding good at Manure, and wanted to leave, show them players there worth!!
I consider this as another management failure (from the outside) of Palace management.
Your view

He was sold because Palace wanted to sell him not because of the money he is on earning at Palace. Great deal for us and he will be replaced.


Edited by EddieMac (26 Jun 2019 3.38pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 26 Jun 19 3.50pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

He was sold because Palace wanted to sell him not because of the money he is on earning at Palace. Great deal for us and he will be replaced.


Edited by EddieMac (26 Jun 2019 3.38pm)

We won't replace his quality.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 26 Jun 19 3.51pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac


He was sold because Palace wanted to sell him not because of the money he is on earning at Palace.

How do you know?

When one of the largest clubs in the world wants you to play for them and offers you eight times what you are currently earning then most people will want to leave.

Existing contract or not once the player has set his heart on going then it's senseless to try and force him to stay so Palace did their best to maximise the opportunity for themselves

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 26 Jun 19 3.59pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

How do you know?

When one of the largest clubs in the world wants you to play for them and offers you eight times what you are currently earning then most people will want to leave.

Existing contract or not once the player has set his heart on going then it's senseless to try and force him to stay so Palace did their best to maximise the opportunity for themselves

Because he was under contract for 3 more years, so it was a choice by Parish to sell him. Palace could have afforded to give him 80k but they wanted the 50 Million. Mad not to take that money.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View RH8Eagle's Profile RH8Eagle Flag Oxted 26 Jun 19 4.01pm Send a Private Message to RH8Eagle Add RH8Eagle as a friend

Let's hope we have a nice fat sell on clause as he could be 100 M in a couple of years

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
jeeagles Flag 26 Jun 19 4.13pm

Originally posted by RH8Eagle

Let's hope we have a nice fat sell on clause as he could be 100 M in a couple of years

Possibly, but he's had one good season. From the players we've sold since CPFC 2010 came in.
- Ambrose did nothing
- Zaha flopped at Man U and Cardiff
- Murray flopped at Bournmouth and Reading
- Bolasie has done nothing
- Gayle has shown he's only championship quality
- Jedinak is past it

50M is great money for a right back. 15M for Clyne as a replacement and 35M elsewhere in the team will sort us out.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post
View Chubskip's Profile Chubskip Flag 26 Jun 19 4.14pm Send a Private Message to Chubskip Add Chubskip as a friend

Back in Nov(4th) I posted I could see him at Moan U. Great business for us but I feat this may just balance the books as it's been quoted our wage bill is very high. Good luck to AWB I wish him well. Need a quality r/b and a good strong rhs holding midfielder to replace. He will probably be back with us in a year's time &#128523;

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Canterbury Palace's Profile Canterbury Palace Flag Whitstable 26 Jun 19 4.51pm Send a Private Message to Canterbury Palace Add Canterbury Palace as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles


Possibly, but he's had one good season. From the players we've sold since CPFC 2010 came in.
- Ambrose did nothing
- Zaha flopped at Man U and Cardiff
- Murray flopped at Bournmouth and Reading
- Bolasie has done nothing
- Gayle has shown he's only championship quality
- Jedinak is past it

50M is great money for a right back. 15M for Clyne as a replacement and 35M elsewhere in the team will sort us out.


An odd list of transfers to compare this to.

I don't think anybody expected Ambrose, Murray, Gayle or Jedinak to go on and prove themselves as 100m players, particularly as three of them were sold into the Championship and Murray was already in his 30s.

Zaha is the only one who is really comparable but he has mitigation for failing at United as he was the single biggest victim of Fergie retiring.

Don't think there's any doubt that, barring horrific injury, AWB will go on to have the sort of career that most of that list could only have dreamed of.

 


We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 26 Jun 19 4.59pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

50M for a wing back near as dammit equals the top value on the planet.
Fantastic result for us, plus gives AWB a platform to move forward from which is his ultimate. (Not mine).
if it is used wisely we will have a comfortable coming season.
Odds for Ward starting first game??!!
So sorry to see him go.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 26 Jun 19 4.59pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

We won't replace his quality.

Firstly defeatist and secondly and more importantly its beside the point - we needed to get some funds in. If its a straight choice between Zaha and AWB then any sane person would take 50 mil for AWB any day of the week.

He is a right back. Joel Ward did a job for many seasons without us getting relegated.

I dont see Wardy as the answer but we could land a good player for 15 - 20 mil and have 30 mil left over for other requirements in the squad.

This is the life of a fan of a club the size of Palace. We have done amazingly well to hang on to Zaha. We are not Barcelona so you are going to have to live with the odd player like AWB getting sold. Deal with it.

How many teams around us have a Wilf Zaha running around?

None is how many, so we have done pretty well to hang on to him.

We are not really a selling club but ffs every now and then you have to understand that a sale is good business. He is a kid and we just got 50 million quid for him.

 


Trump lost. Badly. Hahahahahahaha.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 26 Jun 19 5.05pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Firstly defeatist and secondly and more importantly its beside the point - we needed to get some funds in. If its a straight choice between Zaha and AWB then any sane person would take 50 mil for AWB any day of the week.

He is a right back. Joel Ward did a job for many seasons without us getting relegated.

I dont see Wardy as the answer but we could land a good player for 15 - 20 mil and have 30 mil left over for other requirements in the squad.

This is the life of a fan of a club the size of Palace. We have done amazingly well to hang on to Zaha. We are not Barcelona so you are going to have to live with the odd player like AWB getting sold. Deal with it.

How many teams around us have a Wilf Zaha running around?

None is how many, so we have done pretty well to hang on to him.

We are not really a selling club but ffs every now and then you have to understand that a sale is good business. He is a kid and we just got 50 million quid for him.

I couldn't have put it better myself, completely agree.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 84 of 106 < 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic