You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan
September 27 2022 3.29pm

Sadiq Khan

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 50 of 54 < 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 >

 

View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 14 Feb 22 2.43pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Met police federation 'has no faith in Sadiq Khan'.

Really how many Londoners have faith in them.

It comes to something when a woman cannot trust that a policeman is safe.


As I have said before. The Police Federations are the nastiest and most protective Unions I have ever faced. If the Met PF has no faith in the Mayor that is surely a good thing. Hopefully he will do a Thatcher and break those crocks of sh*t once and for all. Until they are properly smashed the Police will always feel themselves to be untouchable with absolute right to do whatever they choose.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 14 Feb 22 2.56pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Met police federation 'has no faith in Sadiq Khan'.

Really how many Londoners have faith in them.

It comes to something when a woman cannot trust that a policeman is safe.

I've been a big critic of modern policing but I really think criticising them for the Everett murder isn't fair.

Just what could they have done? Selection can't see into someone's soul. From what I understand this guy's known past didn't suggest he was capable of this.

Unless you're going to sack everyone who gets a nickname.

Edited by Stirlingsays (14 Feb 2022 3.02pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 14 Feb 22 4.22pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

As I have said before. The Police Federations are the nastiest and most protective Unions I have ever faced. If the Met PF has no faith in the Mayor that is surely a good thing. Hopefully he will do a Thatcher and break those crocks of sh*t once and for all. Until they are properly smashed the Police will always feel themselves to be untouchable with absolute right to do whatever they choose.

A bit like the BMA with the NHS.
Makes these organisations that spend our money very unwisely very untouchable !
Thatcher had the right idea and she's the last one I'm afraid.
People got nicked and put before the beak. Not analysed to find any which way not to. Hurty words two years. Mugging community service. Little bit skewed me thinks.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 14 Feb 22 7.45pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

So dick khant has informed users of buses and tubes that they face a rise of at least 5%. Obviously with the current climate around finance its a big whack but he could have increased it by just 1% a year and be in a better place. No rise for votes has now bitten him or might at least. It is evident why the tories didn't boost their candidates chances during the mayoral elections. Clearly the rise is hmg's fault due to the conditions against the loans given to TFL. Well he would say that wouldn't he!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 14 Feb 22 8.01pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

So dick khant has informed users of buses and tubes that they face a rise of at least 5%. Obviously with the current climate around finance its a big whack but he could have increased it by just 1% a year and be in a better place. No rise for votes has now bitten him or might at least. It is evident why the tories didn't boost their candidates chances during the mayoral elections. Clearly the rise is hmg's fault due to the conditions against the loans given to TFL. Well he would say that wouldn't he!!!

It is less than inflation.

There will be far bigger hits notably food and energy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 14 Feb 22 8.28pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

So dick khant has informed users of buses and tubes that they face a rise of at least 5%. Obviously with the current climate around finance its a big whack but he could have increased it by just 1% a year and be in a better place. No rise for votes has now bitten him or might at least. It is evident why the tories didn't boost their candidates chances during the mayoral elections. Clearly the rise is hmg's fault due to the conditions against the loans given to TFL. Well he would say that wouldn't he!!!

He would if its true! Lets give the mayor credit where its due, he took action-something rare these days, and got rid of cressie-who was in bungles pocket- bravo mayor khan- bravo!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 14 Feb 22 9.32pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

It is less than inflation.

There will be far bigger hits notably food and energy.

Correct but TFL are in London.
Food and energy rises are worldwide. Not really the best comparison.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 25 Feb 22 4.02pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

So dick khant has informed users of buses and tubes that they face a rise of at least 5%. Obviously with the current climate around finance its a big whack but he could have increased it by just 1% a year and be in a better place. No rise for votes has now bitten him or might at least. It is evident why the tories didn't boost their candidates chances during the mayoral elections. Clearly the rise is hmg's fault due to the conditions against the loans given to TFL. Well he would say that wouldn't he!!!

Been announced that TfL has secured yet ANOTHER taxpayer bailout to the tune of 200m taking the total of bailout money to over 5b. Where the fcuk has it all gone, what is sad dick khunt doing with it? Bloke's a total 'cockwomble'

[Link]

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb. . . .
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 25 Feb 22 4.39pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Been announced that TfL has secured yet ANOTHER taxpayer bailout to the tune of 200m taking the total of bailout money to over 5b. Where the fcuk has it all gone, what is sad dick khunt doing with it? Bloke's a total 'cockwomble'

[Link]

are London Transport employees the most overpaid & pampered school-leavers ever ?

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 25 Feb 22 4.41pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Been announced that TfL has secured yet ANOTHER taxpayer bailout to the tune of 200m taking the total of bailout money to over 5b. Where the fcuk has it all gone, what is sad dick khunt doing with it? Bloke's a total 'cockwomble'

[Link]

As the article says, he's got the funding and the RMT union are now threatening strikes over an increase to pay & pensions that has been refused.

Wonder if there's a connection?

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 25 Feb 22 5.02pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by becky

As the article says, he's got the funding and the RMT union are now threatening strikes over an increase to pay & pensions that has been refused.

Wonder if there's a connection?

There have been tube strikes for the past two months effecting the 'night tube', the Woolwich ferry is effected by strikes for the past month, various bus companies have had strikes by their drivers over the last six weeks or so.

You could well be right in your assumption over the connection, i can't believe that 5b has just disappeared from TfL/Sad Dick Khunt & its the British taxpayer that is funding it, something ain't right. Still, no surprise with that 'cockwomble' of a mayor pity the decent people that still have to live & work in London, once the greatest city in the world, sadly now a shadow of its former self.

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb. . . .
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 01 Mar 22 9.25am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

I hope sad dick realises that all the strikers today have rinsed London in all of his tenure. Maybe he sees now that selfish people are who he pays huge wages to. A wake up call to actually stop running London like a drunk after another shot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 50 of 54 < 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan