You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace v Grimsby (FA Cup)
March 21 2019 3.40pm

Palace v Grimsby (FA Cup)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Harry Haddock's Profile Harry Haddock Flag 21 Dec 18 1.16pm Send a Private Message to Harry Haddock Add Harry Haddock as a friend

Latest ticket update. 3,400 sold now with only slightly restriced view tickets left.

I understand we've been in touch with Palace to ask for a further allocation.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag 21 Dec 18 1.41pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Harry Haddock

Latest ticket update. 3,400 sold now with only slightly restriced view tickets left.

I understand we've been in touch with Palace to ask for a further allocation.

[Link]

There might be more Grimsby supporters than they get for some of their home games.Their last 2 home attendances were around 3,800 and 3,300.

The lure of a trip to the 'Smoke' to see a PL team !!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Harry Haddock's Profile Harry Haddock Flag 21 Dec 18 2.23pm Send a Private Message to Harry Haddock Add Harry Haddock as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

There might be more Grimsby supporters than they get for some of their home games.Their last 2 home attendances were around 3,800 and 3,300.

The lure of a trip to the 'Smoke' to see a PL team !!!!

You're quite correct. We've been starved of these sort of games recently during our time in the wilderness. It's great to be going to "The Smoke" and not going to see Woking, Welling or Ebbsfleet!

I'd say the last away game that really compared to this would be when we lost at Arsenal 2-0 in The League Cup in 2001 having beaten Liverpool at Anfield the round before with one of the best strikes you'll ever see.

[Link]

Edited by Harry Haddock (21 Dec 2018 2.24pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag 21 Dec 18 2.36pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Harry Haddock

You're quite correct. We've been starved of these sort of games recently during our time in the wilderness. It's great to be going to "The Smoke" and not going to see Woking, Welling or Ebbsfleet!

I'd say the last away game that really compared to this would be when we lost at Arsenal 2-0 in The League Cup in 2001 having beaten Liverpool at Anfield the round before with one of the best strikes you'll ever see.

[Link]

Edited by Harry Haddock (21 Dec 2018 2.24pm)

Wasn't Lennie Lawrence the manager at the time ?
I have a feeling that Danny Butterfield was at the club at that time but I could be totally wrong.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Harry Haddock's Profile Harry Haddock Flag 21 Dec 18 2.38pm Send a Private Message to Harry Haddock Add Harry Haddock as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Wasn't Lennie Lawrence the manager at the time ?
I have a feeling that Danny Butterfield was at the club at that time but I could be totally wrong.

You're correct on both counts.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag 21 Dec 18 3.22pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Harry Haddock

You're correct on both counts.

Thank you very much - I am not losing it !

Both Butterfield and Lawrence were at our club, indeed it was Trevor Francis who signed him for Palace from Grimsby on a free.

I believe whilst at Grimsby, Lawrence moved Butterfield from right-back into midfield as he felt he was a better midfielder than a right-back but my memory might be playing tricks on this matter.

Edited by Willo (21 Dec 2018 3.32pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 21 Dec 18 3.28pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

Originally posted by Harry Haddock

You're correct on both counts.


Willo’s ‘knowledge’ is bettered only by Google and Wikipedia. Some might say the three are intrinsically linked.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag 21 Dec 18 3.38pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Phil’s Barber


Willo’s ‘knowledge’ is bettered only by Google and Wikipedia. Some might say the three are intrinsically linked.

Thank you - very kind of you to suggest that I refer to the Internet for each and every part of information that I impart.Far from it.

In a private conversation recently, someone said that I had "Anorakish recall" when I was spouting about a football matter and I certainly never had access to Google or Wiki! Sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong !

For the record, I WAS in a very challenging football quiz league for many years and being so has certainly helped me to retain certain facts, although at 66 my memory is NOT at it's sharpest !!!!

Edited by Willo (21 Dec 2018 5.06pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 21 Dec 18 3.50pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

He also has contacts, reliable sources and friends of friends in every corner of the globe.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dean_CPFC's Profile Dean_CPFC Flag South london 21 Dec 18 3.50pm Send a Private Message to Dean_CPFC Add Dean_CPFC as a friend

We're in serious danger of Grimsby having more supporters than us. Hopefully people get involved in this after xmas is out the way...Could be an easy slip up if we don't take it seriously

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag 21 Dec 18 4.39pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Dean_CPFC

We're in serious danger of Grimsby having more supporters than us. Hopefully people get involved in this after xmas is out the way...Could be an easy slip up if we don't take it seriously

A potential 'Banana skin' but Grimsby have only won 2 away games in the league this season, one of which was at Macclesfield who are currently rock-bottom.We have everything to lose and nothing to gain. Grimsby will not be under any pressure at all.

Our supporters have been fed on a diet of PL football and PL superstars and don't appear motivated to attend a game against lower level opposition,besides the game is not included in the season-ticket and we have quite a few season ticket holders !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Harry Haddock's Profile Harry Haddock Flag 21 Dec 18 5.14pm Send a Private Message to Harry Haddock Add Harry Haddock as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

A potential 'Banana skin' but Grimsby have only won 2 away games in the league this season, one of which was at Macclesfield who are currently rock-bottom.We have everything to lose and nothing to gain. Grimsby will not be under any pressure at all.

Our supporters have been fed on a diet of PL football and PL superstars and don't appear motivated to attend a game against lower level opposition,besides the game is not included in the season-ticket and we have quite a few season ticket holders !

It's always baffled me that. We get it to a lesser extent at Grimsby when season ticket holders don't turn up for cup games. You would think that a season ticket holder would be a keen enough fan to want to attend all games.

I also don't understand people not going due to the opposition. Surely you go to see your team not the opposition!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace v Grimsby (FA Cup)