You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Jordan Ayew
September 16 2019 3.32am

Jordan Ayew

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 20 of 42 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 09 Jul 19 5.00pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by zico murphy

Iíd agree itís not the most exciting signing but imo a decent squad signing especially for the cost. However putting my view a side, I was pointing out you labelling him a championship player is your opinion only but factually inaccurate.

Calling someone a Championship level player does not mean they are in a Championship team.

Although, that is where his previous clubs have ended up party thanks to him.

The same people who though selling AWB was a shrewd move will now be welcoming the signing of Ayew.

You really are getting the club you deserve.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View robdave2k's Profile robdave2k Flag Corby 09 Jul 19 5.14pm Send a Private Message to robdave2k Add robdave2k as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Ok, so we'll select the starting 11 on how much they earn rather than form. That sounds sensible.


Edited by ChrisGC (08 Jul 2019 2.04pm)

Just out of interest do you ever bother to actually look for the point someone is making before you disagree?

I donít think for one minute Ayew is a starter but as a bench player he wonít break the bank.

There is finite money for wages, signing a squad player for a reasonable fee and wages leaves more money to strengthen other areas.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View zico murphy's Profile zico murphy Flag woking 09 Jul 19 5.35pm Send a Private Message to zico murphy Add zico murphy as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Calling someone a Championship level player does not mean they are in a Championship team.

Although, that is where his previous clubs have ended up party thanks to him.

The same people who though selling AWB was a shrewd move will now be welcoming the signing of Ayew.

You really are getting the club you deserve.

Hilarious, so the fact heís played virtually his entire English career in the premier league and is still a premier league player now, you label him a championship player ?
Personally I feel I deserve a much better club than Palace but I didnít choose to support them on the basis I get the return I deserve

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 09 Jul 19 5.48pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by zico murphy

Hilarious, so the fact heís played virtually his entire English career in the premier league and is still a premier league player now, you label him a championship player ?
Personally I feel I deserve a much better club than Palace but I didnít choose to support them on the basis I get the return I deserve

He has moved from one relegated club to another.

Now we have given him another shot at failure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 09 Jul 19 5.53pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

He has moved from one relegated club to another.

Now we have given him another shot at failure.

It's hard to argue with that. More jinx than talisman. Some 'bargains' you can do without.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View zico murphy's Profile zico murphy Flag woking 09 Jul 19 6.01pm Send a Private Message to zico murphy Add zico murphy as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

He has moved from one relegated club to another.

Now we have given him another shot at failure.

You doom mongers will be correct at some point, after all if you predict relegation every year, the law of averages says youíll be correct eventually.Youíve all been wrong so far though so hereís hoping your wrong again &#129310;

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 09 Jul 19 6.05pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by zico murphy

You doom mongers will be correct at some point, after all if you predict relegation every year, the law of averages says youíll be correct eventually.Youíve all been wrong so far though so hereís hoping your wrong again &#129310;

I haven't predicted relegation...unless we sell Zaha.

I always hope I'm wrong when I predict Palace disasters but you can only circle the drain for so long.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View zico murphy's Profile zico murphy Flag woking 09 Jul 19 6.39pm Send a Private Message to zico murphy Add zico murphy as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

He has moved from one relegated club to another.

Now we have given him another shot at failure.

The above is not suggesting relegation ?
Iím glad you donít predict relegation as things stand though and Iíd agree with you on this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 09 Jul 19 6.49pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Normally there is at least one other club interested in a player.

2.5m is nothing in this day and age, and no other club has shown intent on this player, not even the promoted sides (though Villa know how poor he is already).

That says everything.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 09 Jul 19 7.57pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

Normally there is at least one other club interested in a player.

2.5m is nothing in this day and age, and no other club has shown intent on this player, not even the promoted sides (though Villa know how poor he is already).

That says everything.

A salient point.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 09 Jul 19 8.05pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

I'll judge this window when it closes. If this frees up funds to buy Messi, I'm okay with that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Black Eagle's Profile Black Eagle Flag Swindon 09 Jul 19 8.45pm Send a Private Message to Black Eagle Add Black Eagle as a friend

Ayew is not a world beater by any means but as some have mentioned is a handy squad player to have in our locker when killing games as well as resting a starting 11.

We need at least 5 new faces through the doors this summer. So £2.5m for a 27 year old, hardworking, 1 in 3 International goal scorer who has won a good few club trophies is a snip in the current climate. Look at him as an upgrade on Sako or Punch for probably less wages, but a bit more versatile.

This will without doubt allow us the funds for a big player or some tasty but expensive loans.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 20 of 42 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Jordan Ayew