You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Jordan Ayew
September 16 2019 3.14pm

Jordan Ayew

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 22 of 42 < 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 10 Jul 19 10.16am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by becky

I wonder how much buying players for this coming season is 'holding' brief.

With Roy only having one more year on his contract, maybe there is a policy not to go out and blow the budget on one or two 'star' buys who may well be not the choice of whoever comes in.

Also, after this year, several of the higher earners will be out of contract too, so giving even more scope (with wages savings on virtual deadwood) to build from scratch with players that the new manager actually wants.

Just a thought - and players like Ayew, a known quantity, would fit the bill nicely.


It's possible, but it is also worrying that (I think) we have only 16 outfield players with more than 10 appearances under their belt (and that includes Jairo and Sorloth). We are not just short on quality but after last year's clear out and the release of Sako, Puncheon and Souare in the summer we are now really short on numbers. If we just sign cheap players like Ayew to fill the gaps then we will go backwards in my opinion. Last summer I was actually very positive, but as it stands I am quite worried about this season if we don't make some quality signings.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 10 Jul 19 10.17am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by becky

I wonder how much buying players for this coming season is 'holding' brief.

With Roy only having one more year on his contract, maybe there is a policy not to go out and blow the budget on one or two 'star' buys who may well be not the choice of whoever comes in.

Also, after this year, several of the higher earners will be out of contract too, so giving even more scope (with wages savings on virtual deadwood) to build from scratch with players that the new manager actually wants.

Just a thought - and players like Ayew, a known quantity, would fit the bill nicely.

I think we are treading water for a number of reasons but we do have to make sure we don't go under before our boat comes in.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 10 Jul 19 10.25am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild


It's possible, but it is also worrying that (I think) we have only 16 outfield players with more than 10 appearances under their belt (and that includes Jairo and Sorloth). We are not just short on quality but after last year's clear out and the release of Sako, Puncheon and Souare in the summer we are now really short on numbers. If we just sign cheap players like Ayew to fill the gaps then we will go backwards in my opinion. Last summer I was actually very positive, but as it stands I am quite worried about this season if we don't make some quality signings.

This reflects the view of quite a few supporters I have spoken to.Negativity all around but I have told them that the end of the window is still over 3 weeks away and across the spectrum a number of deals will be concluded in the dying embers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 10 Jul 19 10.57am Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

This reflects the view of quite a few supporters I have spoken to.Negativity all around but I have told them that the end of the window is still over 3 weeks away and across the spectrum a number of deals will be concluded in the dying embers.

More deadwood and cinders then?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 10 Jul 19 11.14am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by becky

More deadwood and cinders then?

One suspects there is a joke about cinders and balls.

Returning swiftly to the subject matter, many supporters are dismayed at the fact that we have paid such a sum,not forgetting the overall cost when wages are factured in, for a player who made little impact last season.

Thus far whilst A.Villa and Leicester have paid out nigh on 80 Mill in transfers, we have signed a 'Free' and Ayew ! Early days !

Edited by Willo (10 Jul 2019 12.01pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 10 Jul 19 11.45am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

One suspects there is a joke about cinders and balls.

Returning swiftly to the subject matter, many supporters are dismayed at the fact that we have paid such a sum,not forgetting the overall cost when wages are factured in, for a player who made little impact last season.

This far whilst A.Villa and Leicester have paid out nigh on 80 Mill in transfers, we have signed a 'Free' and Ayew ! Early days !

Edited by Willo (10 Jul 2019 11.18am)

Charming!

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Beger's Profile The Beger Flag Croydon 23 Jul 19 7.10pm Send a Private Message to The Beger Add The Beger as a friend

 


I am not a bot. No, seriously, I'm not.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 23 Jul 19 7.23pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

There is a chance Ayew will fail the medical as he suffers from a dis orientating condition - I.e. has no idea where the goal is

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 23 Jul 19 7.24pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Nooooooooo

Please No.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ecopalace's Profile Ecopalace Flag West wickham 23 Jul 19 7.53pm Send a Private Message to Ecopalace Add Ecopalace as a friend

For the right price, he's a decent squad option. Clearly we still need a quality Right back, striker and winger. (assuming Zaha goes.)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BelfastEagle's Profile BelfastEagle Flag 23 Jul 19 10.29pm Send a Private Message to BelfastEagle Add BelfastEagle as a friend

Originally posted by Ecopalace

For the right price, he's a decent squad option. Clearly we still need a quality Right back, striker and winger. (assuming Zaha goes.)

Hes a quad player not a first 11....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View black eagle.'s Profile black eagle. Flag south croydon. 23 Jul 19 11.55pm Send a Private Message to black eagle. Add black eagle. as a friend

Good squad signing if he passes the medical.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 22 of 42 < 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Jordan Ayew