You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Roy, FFS pick Meyer!!!
July 21 2019 12.00am

Roy, FFS pick Meyer!!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 11 of 14 < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View rawpalace05's Profile rawpalace05 Flag Saltdean 02 Mar 19 4.22pm Send a Private Message to rawpalace05 Add rawpalace05 as a friend

The thread title is swearing at our manager stating he should play max meyer. Its not unreasonable to challenge that; no player has a divine right to be in the 11. Max has been a complete bystander so far this game. Im not one for listing weaknesses of players but i will do if the manager is getting the same treatment. So, id love to hear what he's offered us today?

 


1/6/2010.a new era.we made it everyone!!!lets get the ball rolling for another 105 years of proud history.thank you cpfc2010.

palace forever.eeaaaaaaaaaaaaaggglless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 02 Mar 19 4.31pm Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

I've gone into significant detail with regards to this in the past. I had an entire thread about it.

I'll keep it simple this time. So long as we play Max Meyer, in chameos, as a defensive/box-to-box midfielder - we will not see the best of him.

All there ever has been to it. All there is to it. All there ever will be to it.

Sadly, it looks like he's never really going to be afforded a role in the team that allows him to play off of the front. And it looks set to end in tears.

If we had no plans on incorporating such a type of player - we should've never signed him. Our wasting of young promising talent's careers is criminal. He was exceptional at Schalke.

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bangell's Profile Bangell Flag Oxford 02 Mar 19 4.58pm Send a Private Message to Bangell Add Bangell as a friend

Did poorly today but this was never going to be his type of game. Start him against Brighton, who will sit back against us at Selhurst.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 02 Mar 19 5.13pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Bangell

Did poorly today but this was never going to be his type of game. Start him against Brighton, who will sit back against us at Selhurst.

Spot on, needs to be accommodated in the next 2 games.

 


ď [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns Ė there are things we do not know we don't know. Ē
óUnited States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 02 Mar 19 5.16pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Probably came in today as we had a game on Wednesday and MacArthur was a bit tired in all honesty.

Roy doesnít fancy him or he would be at least starting at home already.

He will be off in the summer to get his young career back on track.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 02 Mar 19 5.27pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

Back to the bench for Brighton. Meyer is better as in impact sub when the game gets a bit stretched. Today he was lightweight and hardly involved.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 02 Mar 19 5.31pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Mstrobez

I've gone into significant detail with regards to this in the past. I had an entire thread about it.

I'll keep it simple this time. So long as we play Max Meyer, in chameos, as a defensive/box-to-box midfielder - we will not see the best of him.

All there ever has been to it. All there is to it. All there ever will be to it.

Sadly, it looks like he's never really going to be afforded a role in the team that allows him to play off of the front. And it looks set to end in tears

If we had no plans on incorporating such a type of player - we should've never signed him. Our wasting of young promising talent's careers is criminal. He was exceptional at Schalke.

His best season at Shalke was as a number 6. Meyer has stated himself that he is not a number 10.

People saying his is world class. Yet he can only be selected against certain teams. The only time I have seen him have any impact is in tight situations around the edge of the opponents box. Unfortunately there is a lot more to a game and it just seems to pass him by. He is not big enough, fast enough, strong enough and he is a passenger for us.

I for one wont be crying if we sell him for a profit.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 02 Mar 19 5.36pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Didnít go to the game, but I understand Meyer didnít do a lot today, but to be fair Luka didnít do anything the first ten games of the season and still played , Zaha was anonymous when he went 12 odd games without a goal and still played, pva has been a passenger all season, starts every game and Hennessy was shocking for 80 odd games on the bounce and still played.
Iíd start Meyer next game.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 02 Mar 19 5.38pm Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

His best season at Shalke was as a number 6. Meyer has stated himself that he is not a number 10.

People saying his is world class. Yet he can only be selected against certain teams. The only time I have seen him have any impact is in tight situations around the edge of the opponents box. Unfortunately there is a lot more to a game and it just seems to pass him by. He is not big enough, fast enough, strong enough and he is a passenger for us.

I for one wont be crying if we sell him for a profit.

No it wasn't. And I have no idea why people have persisted in punting this myth. His best days as a player & at Schalke were as a number 10. All you have to do is take one look at him to see why. And all you have to do is go to the best game he had in a Palace shirt where he played the RLC role of last season. Maybe not a conventional 10 role - but with license to roam forward & link up with the front 2.

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SW19 CPFC's Profile SW19 CPFC Flag Addiscombe 02 Mar 19 5.59pm Send a Private Message to SW19 CPFC Add SW19 CPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

Didnít go to the game, but I understand Meyer didnít do a lot today, but to be fair Luka didnít do anything the first ten games of the season and still played , Zaha was anonymous when he went 12 odd games without a goal and still played, pva has been a passenger all season, starts every game and Hennessy was shocking for 80 odd games on the bounce and still played.
Iíd start Meyer next game.

Showed why he is not a regular starter today. Completely out fought - heís brilliant when he has time on the ball but as soon as he has competition he struggles. Shame as heís clearly the best creative player we have but as always with players like him itís one or the other. Never going to boss the midfield and be a light touch playmaker. One or tíother.

Infuriating problem to have. At least cabaye had a bit of grit, thatís what he lacks.

 


said the rabid giraffe whilst brandishing his throbbing member of reason, and twas ever thus.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 02 Mar 19 6.00pm Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

Didnít go to the game, but I understand Meyer didnít do a lot today, but to be fair Luka didnít do anything the first ten games of the season and still played , Zaha was anonymous when he went 12 odd games without a goal and still played, pva has been a passenger all season, starts every game and Hennessy was shocking for 80 odd games on the bounce and still played.
Iíd start Meyer next game.

Trouble is he's up against luka, macarthur, kayoute and schlupp to get a game. Abd at he moment they are all offering more hand he is.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 02 Mar 19 6.08pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

Back to the bench for Brighton. Meyer is better as in impact sub when the game gets a bit stretched. Today he was lightweight and hardly involved.

Yes, not quite good enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 11 of 14 < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Roy, FFS pick Meyer!!!