You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Roy, FFS pick Meyer!!!
July 20 2019 11.33pm

Roy, FFS pick Meyer!!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 14 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View SW19 CPFC's Profile SW19 CPFC Flag Addiscombe 02 Mar 19 6.10pm Send a Private Message to SW19 CPFC Add SW19 CPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

Yes, not quite good enough.

Agreed.

 


said the rabid giraffe whilst brandishing his throbbing member of reason, and twas ever thus.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View matthau's Profile matthau Flag South Croydon 02 Mar 19 6.13pm Send a Private Message to matthau Add matthau as a friend

What I will say is that heís better of starting home matches. Matches where we do not play simply counter attack. Possession based is all that heís capable of.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag Croydon 02 Mar 19 6.24pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

He had a bad game today, but in his defence we picked a completely unexpected line up/formation which threw everyone.

We were poor first half, god knows how we were ahead, and very narrow. There was no space for him in midfield. Heís more effective in a 4-3-3/4-5-1. A little gutted for him today as he got a deserved start and it didnít happen for him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE's Profile CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE Flag bloomfield 02 Mar 19 6.30pm Send a Private Message to CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE Add CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE as a friend

For crying out loud people, give the kid a chance. He has already shown flashes of brilliance in what he can do, lets give him a decent run of games. starting games before taking hard decisions.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eddiqc's Profile eddiqc Flag Tunbridge wells 02 Mar 19 6.46pm Send a Private Message to eddiqc Add eddiqc as a friend

Originally posted by CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE

For crying out loud people, give the kid a chance. He has already shown flashes of brilliance in what he can do, lets give him a decent run of games. starting games before taking hard decisions.

No way! He has to be world class straight away! No assists or goals every game then we should sell him.....

Edited by eddiqc (02 Mar 2019 6.46pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 02 Mar 19 6.51pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Impressed by Roy's switch of tactic to start Meyer, it meant that Burnley couldn't predict what was coming. Kouyate should start every game imho. And guess what, we won!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View daven's Profile daven Flag 02 Mar 19 7.42pm Send a Private Message to daven Add daven as a friend

The player is class, he is not playing to his full potential but lets give Roy a bit of slack because we dont know what goes on behind the scenes.
He will get back to his best and then we will have a player worth double what we paid.
We are in a great position to be able to nurture him rather than destroy him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 02 Mar 19 7.48pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

Itís unfair to judge Meyer on todayís game.
In the home game against Burnley he was probably our most effective player and in todayís game he was probably our least effective player.
I think he needs a run of games which hopefully heíll get at the end of the season when we appear safe.
I thought our passing in general was sloppy in the first half today and this had effect on the rhythm of our play which certainly didnít help Meyer as he likes to get on the ball and co-ordinate play.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View stayloa's Profile stayloa Flag Beckenham 02 Mar 19 7.51pm Send a Private Message to stayloa Add stayloa as a friend

Originally posted by daven

The player is class, he is not playing to his full potential but lets give Roy a bit of slack because we dont know what goes on behind the scenes.
He will get back to his best and then we will have a player worth double what we paid.
We are in a great position to be able to nurture him rather than destroy him.

What, £0?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brinscall Eagle's Profile Brinscall Eagle Flag Brinscall Lancashire/ Villamartin ... 02 Mar 19 8.51pm Send a Private Message to Brinscall Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Brinscall Eagle as a friend

I did go to the game and was pleased to see him starting after all the cries for his inclusion from the the start by the forum. He had no impact of any significance on the game. When pressed and tackled he appeared to have no answer. In other games when he has come on as a substitute he has been very effective playing little triangles in forward positions. Todayís game did not enable him to do that. It might be he will be more effective against the top six type sides than the blood and thunder type teams. Not saying he is not a good player just think he is more limited in adapting to different styles of opposition than the likes of Jimmy Mac. Schlupp and Kouyate

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MKCPFC's Profile MKCPFC Flag Spain/MK 03 Mar 19 12.18am Send a Private Message to MKCPFC Add MKCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Brinscall Eagle

I did go to the game and was pleased to see him starting after all the cries for his inclusion from the the start by the forum. He had no impact of any significance on the game. When pressed and tackled he appeared to have no answer. In other games when he has come on as a substitute he has been very effective playing little triangles in forward positions. Todayís game did not enable him to do that. It might be he will be more effective against the top six type sides than the blood and thunder type teams. Not saying he is not a good player just think he is more limited in adapting to different styles of opposition than the likes of Jimmy Mac. Schlupp and Kouyate

Very good post. Sounds like you actually watch the games.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View matthau's Profile matthau Flag South Croydon 03 Mar 19 12.34am Send a Private Message to matthau Add matthau as a friend

Originally posted by stayloa

What, £0?

£6-7mlion signing on fee

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 14 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Roy, FFS pick Meyer!!!