You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Vicente Guaita thread
May 23 2019 1.35am

The Vicente Guaita thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 12 « First< 8 9 10 11 12

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 04 May 19 10.11pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

One mis placed pass but no immediate danger to the goal. Have a day off.

A day off from what?

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 04 May 19 10.17pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by YT

A day off from what?

Whining about a minor point of goalkeeping from a player who’s been a mainstay of our side since mid December when we only had twelve points.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 05 May 19 5.54am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

Whining about a minor point of goalkeeping from a player who’s been a mainstay of our side since mid December when we only had twelve points.

Are you his dad or something?

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 05 May 19 10.09am Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

An interesting pov is always the non biased or objectional view, if there is such a thing. Other fans comments I have seen are not very complimentary of Vincente. He does look erratic, partucularly on set pieces. His kicking/distribution is also pretty poor, inferior to Hennenseys anyway which is a surprise with him coming from Spain. Reactions and shot stopping clearly are excellent. As many have already said, if he did not have his faults he would not be at palace on a free.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 05 May 19 11.45am Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

An interesting pov is always the non biased or objectional view, if there is such a thing. Other fans comments I have seen are not very complimentary of Vincente. He does look erratic, partucularly on set pieces. His kicking/distribution is also pretty poor, inferior to Hennenseys anyway which is a surprise with him coming from Spain. Reactions and shot stopping clearly are excellent. As many have already said, if he did not have his faults he would not be at palace on a free.

... except when they're at his near post where he goes down on his knees far too quickly. Sorry, but I still think we should go for a better keeper - Etheridge has looked quality all season and Cardiff would have been down weeks ago without him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 05 May 19 12.19pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

An interesting pov is always the non biased or objectional view, if there is such a thing. Other fans comments I have seen are not very complimentary of Vincente. He does look erratic, partucularly on set pieces. His kicking/distribution is also pretty poor, inferior to Hennenseys anyway which is a surprise with him coming from Spain. Reactions and shot stopping clearly are excellent. As many have already said, if he did not have his faults he would not be at palace on a free.

Totally agree, he is of PL quality, just not top 6 PL quality. He has certainly saved far more goals with top class saves this season than he has given away with howlers. He edges it over Hennessey for me, but they are both capable keepers. Id be interested to know how the young lad is getting on as well and whether we are going to offer him a full contract.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kenbarr's Profile kenbarr Flag Jackson Heights, Queens, New York ... 06 May 19 9.39pm Send a Private Message to kenbarr Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add kenbarr as a friend

I see two main qualities that Guaita is superior over Hennessey. He sets his walls with a greater degree of confidence and doesn't unsight himself. Hennessey has a tendency to put too many in his walls and is poorly positioned. He put too few against Arsenal at home and Xhaka burned him. Second is Guaita's preparation as the shot is taken. He reads them better and his saves are more solid than Hennessey's. Hennessey has a habit of moving at the very last second and his footwork isn't as assuered as Guaita's. For my money, Vicente Guaita is the Palace #1 for the foreseeable future.

 


Divorced...And LOVING it!
CPFC since Boxing Day 1989 CPFC 2-2 CFC
Gregg Berhalter, US International & USMNT Head Coach
Jill Ellis, England International & USWNT Head Coach
Trevor Francis, International Prat
Jeff Hopkins, Scorer of International Class Own Goals

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 06 May 19 9.43pm Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Originally posted by kenbarr

I see two main qualities that Guaita is superior over Hennessey. He sets his walls with a greater degree of confidence and doesn't unsight himself. Hennessey has a tendency to put too many in his walls and is poorly positioned. He put too few against Arsenal at home and Xhaka burned him. Second is Guaita's preparation as the shot is taken. He reads them better and his saves are more solid than Hennessey's. Hennessey has a habit of moving at the very last second and his footwork isn't as assuered as Guaita's. For my money, Vicente Guaita is the Palace #1 for the foreseeable future.

How do you then explain all the near-post goals he's let in by going down on his knees too early?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 07 May 19 9.06am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by cpj

How do you then explain all the near-post goals he's let in by going down on his knees too early?

To prevent the ball going through his legs he makes himself smaller it is a dilemma, quite possibly due to a painful experience in the past lol.

Good keeper on the whole for us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 12 « First< 8 9 10 11 12

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Vicente Guaita thread