You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Tonights boxing
April 1 2020 1.02pm

Tonights boxing

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 36 of 43 < 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 >

 

deleted user Flag 01 Dec 19 11.25am

Originally posted by Casual

I know mate. You can’t have shorts on that look like a bee. ‘Sting like a bee’? Not really with 3 knockouts in 13 fights. Ha ha
Was never a split decision though, thought he was well up.

'Sting like a nettle'

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 02 Dec 19 12.07pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

The big fight this weekend. AJ v Ruiz 2.

AJ starting as favourite.

Who’s everyone going for?

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 02 Dec 19 12.10pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

The big fight this weekend. AJ v Ruiz 2.

AJ starting as favourite.

Who’s everyone going for?

AJ will knock him out or win on points.

I only think he lost last time because of the concussion....I don't rate Ruiz that much....I think he got lucky.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
deleted user Flag 02 Dec 19 12.47pm

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

The big fight this weekend. AJ v Ruiz 2.

AJ starting as favourite.

Who’s everyone going for?

They're both big punchers, so I get why, even though AJ is favourite, he's not a big one. If he can't get to grips with Ruiz' style it may well be a repeat of the last encounter. That said, AJ compared to many of the current top tier heavyweights has come through and won several tough battles. That combined with his KO rate should see him through. It's very unlikely to go the distance. There are questions about whether his heart is still in it, so we'll without a doubt find that out on the night. Let's hope he wins, as it's an exciting time for the division and I'd prefer he remains a part of that mix, rather the bowing out the moment things liven up. Good luck, AJ!

Edited by dollardays (02 Dec 2019 12.50pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
deleted user Flag 15 Dec 19 10.58pm

Tyson Fury splits with trainer Ben Davison [Link]

Not as though I buy that Davison is some kind of boxing genius, but this does seem to show a certain lack of allegiance on Fury's behalf all things considered. I wonder what happened.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 15 Dec 19 11.07pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

Tyson Fury splits with trainer Ben Davison [Link]

Not as though I buy that Davison is some kind of boxing genius, but this does seem to show a certain lack of allegiance on Fury's behalf all things considered. I wonder what happened.

Billy Joe Saunders likes to move about with trainers and gyms. Says it’s because he’s a traveller.
Think the writing was on the wall for Davidson when John Fury was slagging of the team that Tyson had around him, wouldn’t be surprised if John fury and/or his brother train Tyson for the Wilder fight.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
deleted user Flag 15 Dec 19 11.26pm

Originally posted by Casual

Billy Joe Saunders likes to move about with trainers and gyms. Says it’s because he’s a traveller.
Think the writing was on the wall for Davidson when John Fury was slagging of the team that Tyson had around him, wouldn’t be surprised if John fury and/or his brother train Tyson for the Wilder fight.

You may well be right. Fury likely has enough boxing nous and discipline that it doesn't matter who trains him, but I was surprised by the news as he's constantly singing Ben's praises. Especially two months out from the fight. Potential red flag?

edit I'm hearing that he's got Javan "Sugar" Hill, nephew of the great Emmanuel Steward, on board as the new trainer.

Edited by dollardays (16 Dec 2019 12.56am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 27 Dec 19 6.17pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Wilder v Fury 2 now confirmed for 22nd of Feb.

Hopefully the start of a potentially great year for the heavyweight division.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sickboy's Profile sickboy Flag Deal or Croydon 28 Dec 19 9.15am Send a Private Message to sickboy Add sickboy as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

Wilder v Fury 2 now confirmed for 22nd of Feb.

Hopefully the start of a potentially great year for the heavyweight division.

I reckon it might be a year (towards the end anyway) of them all avoiding DDD. Except Dillian. He'll fight anyone.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sickboy's Profile sickboy Flag Deal or Croydon 28 Dec 19 9.16am Send a Private Message to sickboy Add sickboy as a friend

Originally posted by sickboy

I reckon it might be a year (towards the end anyway) of them all avoiding DDD. Except Dillian. He'll fight anyone.

With the proviso Warren loosens the apron stringss.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 29 Dec 19 8.23pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by sickboy

I reckon it might be a year (towards the end anyway) of them all avoiding DDD. Except Dillian. He'll fight anyone.

He needs to start being tested properly... Can't keep putting him in with donkeys like that later fight.
Get him in with Chisora... As someone on here said Chisora is the gate keeper to the top fighters.

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sickboy's Profile sickboy Flag Deal or Croydon 29 Dec 19 8.48pm Send a Private Message to sickboy Add sickboy as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

He needs to start being tested properly... Can't keep putting him in with donkeys like that later fight.
Get him in with Chisora... As someone on here said Chisora is the gate keeper to the top fighters.

Thats what i said if you read the post after the one you quoted.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 36 of 43 < 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Tonights boxing