You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Tonights boxing
October 7 2022 10.49pm

Tonights boxing

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 75 of 79 < 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 >

 

View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 13 Oct 21 8.21am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Uysk won’t last with Fury, he is too small and will get pushed around. AJ has no hope of beating Fury would only fight for the purse.

Basically Fury is a beast of a man, 6ft 9 in and 20st, who can box and move. Wilder had the best chance of beating him out of current heavyweights, by landing a couple of his right hand bombs, nearly did it in the 4th round.

Reports now say Wilder broke his hand during the fight. sounds like he's been hitting something really hard

[Link]

Edited by Forest Hillbilly (13 Oct 2021 8.22am)

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 13 Oct 21 9.11am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Reports now say Wilder broke his hand during the fight. sounds like he's been hitting something really hard

[Link]

Edited by Forest Hillbilly (13 Oct 2021 8.22am)

Yeah, he always has an excuse.
He is 0-3 v Fury in his own country. I think that tells us what we need to know.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 13 Oct 21 10.23am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

I've heard the contention put forward that Wilder is finished after the amount of punishment he took in this fight. In fact I remembered much the same being said after the second fight.

Personally I very much doubt it. Some fighters take far too much punishment and it wears down their punch resistance, however those fighters are usually in regular wars every few months....like Ted Cheeseman for example.....and it's something we might be seeing with Whyte....If you take proper punishment in a fight then a proper break and recovery matters....hard fight after hard fight adds up.

Wilder has had two hard fights in two years so I wouldn't say he's finished especially as before Fury he hadn't really had a punishing fight.

I say that in the knowledge that a small minority of fighters can take regular hard fights or say fight for two decades and not really show any negative effects.....The Henry Cooper type.

But for most taking regular punches to the head comes with a relatively short shelve life unless it's carefully managed.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
BlueJay Flag UK 13 Oct 21 1.39pm

I have to agree and see Wilder as having a very good chance (in fact likely being favourite to win) against any other heavyweight fighter. As such it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he'll quickly rebuild his confidence and reputation. If he does so quick enough, and if Fury has jacked it in by then, Wilder could find himself top of the pile again. That's all if he chooses not be retired himself of course, but he is one of the most exciting fighters to watch, from a power punch perspective at least.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 13 Oct 21 1.47pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

I have to agree and see Wilder as having a very good chance (in fact likely being favourite to win) against any other heavyweight fighter. As such it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he'll quickly rebuild his confidence and reputation. If he does so quick enough, and if Fury has jacked it in by then, Wilder could find himself top of the pile again. That's all if he chooses not be retired himself of course, but he is one of the most exciting fighters to watch, from a power punch perspective at least.

Wilder could be the Earnie Shavers of this generation. Huge puncher who’s always in with a chance against better opponents but is liable liable to get picked apart if he doesn’t knock them out.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
BlueJay Flag UK 13 Oct 21 2.03pm

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Wilder could be the Earnie Shavers of this generation. Huge puncher who’s always in with a chance against better opponents but is liable liable to get picked apart if he doesn’t knock them out.

Definitely. I do feel that for all intents and purposes he made the Fury fights the spectacles that they were. Edge of your seat stuff and to have knocked a fighter down four times over three fights and not got the win... well whatever people think of his attitude he's clearly brave and a warrior in the ring. Tyson has little more to prove now, so I'd rather like the backdrop of seeing if Wilder can take out the other big names and get back on track.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
BlueJay Flag UK 19 Oct 21 12.39am

Sonny Bill Williams: New Zealand rugby great says boxing title is highlight of his career - [Link]

Not a World Title of course but still a seriously significant achievement from somehow who transferred from another sport post retirement - even if he did have a few fights prior. Credit to the man.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 20 Nov 21 10.30pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Well done to Riakporhe tonight. A Palace fan and a good prospect who has come from a bad place to box at a high level.
His opponent was easy meat, but it's all part of the learning curve.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 20 Nov 21 10.38pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Well done to Riakporhe tonight. A Palace fan and a good prospect who has come from a bad place to box at a high level.
His opponent was easy meat, but it's all part of the learning curve.

The last person to beat the fella that Riakporhe beat tonight, is fighting Canelo next. No mug

Edited by Casual (20 Nov 2021 10.52pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 21 Nov 21 8.53pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

The last person to beat the fella that Riakporhe beat tonight, is fighting Canelo next. No mug

Edited by Casual (20 Nov 2021 10.52pm)

Not sure why that makes him any good. He had no head movement and was jabbed at will.
I'm sure Riakporhe will be looking to step up in class as soon as possible.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 21 Nov 21 9.17pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Not sure why that makes him any good. He had no head movement and was jabbed at will.
I'm sure Riakporhe will be looking to step up in class as soon as possible.

His fight before Riakporhe was a world title fight. You have to be well ranked to get a title shot in any division. Agree he didn’t look to clever last night. But there isn’t really anyone else to step up to apart from one of the champions.
Would like to see him beat the boring Lawrence Okolie.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
BlueJay Flag UK 27 Nov 21 1.37pm

I'm not usually one for these Youtuber fights, but would laugh if Tommy Fury somehow lost his upcoming fight. Sure he looks the part and is from a boxing family but he's never fought anyone even half decent and is as much the celebrity of the lot than a fighter.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 75 of 79 < 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Tonights boxing