You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > oap tv license
July 21 2019 8.01pm

oap tv license

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 3 First< 1 2 3

 

View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 11 Jun 19 3.50pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by JohnB

Haven't got anything against the BBC, just haven't seen anything for a long time I've wanted to watch on there.

Not even Have I Got News For You or Mock The Week?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cannonball's Profile Cannonball Flag Oxley, Arkansas 11 Jun 19 4.03pm Send a Private Message to Cannonball Add Cannonball as a friend

The Beeb could save money by not paying Jug ears 1.8 million a year to grin and spout crap on MOTD

 


Liverpool-YNWA= You'll Never Win A title

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 11 Jun 19 4.17pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree


The BBC aims to be impartial .

are you on drugs ? a drunk aims to p1ss in the toilet bowl on a moving train, is my answer to that.


enthusiastically supporting the BBC is like paying a ton of money to a divorced wife you hate , who only spouts annoying drivel , and who wastes tons of money every week on shoes.

 


34,300 reasons to love Selhurst in 2021

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 11 Jun 19 4.19pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Cannonball

The Beeb could save money by not paying Jug ears 1.8 million a year to grin and spout crap on MOTD

The license money from 11,500 people goes straight to him. He should stick to flogging half empty crisp packets.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 11 Jun 19 4.24pm Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

If the BBC got rid of Gary Lineker from Match of the Day, it would make zero difference to viewing figures. People tune in to watch game highlights and the pundits, not him.

They're quick to criticise discrimination at other companies, yet f*** over the elderly when they're not exactly hard up for cash.

Edited by Penge Eagle (11 Jun 2019 4.29pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 11 Jun 19 4.59pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

If the BBC got rid of Gary Lineker from Match of the Day, it would make zero difference to viewing figures. People tune in to watch game highlights and the pundits, not him.

They're quick to criticise discrimination at other companies, yet f*** over the elderly when they're not exactly hard up for cash.

Edited by Penge Eagle (11 Jun 2019 4.29pm)

Exactly. At best he comes across as rather smug. I've never heard a single person say 'I must tune in to hear what Gary has to say'. It's an autocue job for the most part. The easiest TV job going and he's grossly overpaid.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 11 Jun 19 5.41pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

Exactly. At best he comes across as rather smug. I've never heard a single person say 'I must tune in to hear what Gary has to say'. It's an autocue job for the most part. The easiest TV job going and he's grossly overpaid.

Not forgetting similar jobs he has with BT Sport & Bein Sport. The Biased Bullshyte Corp are the mouthpiece of the Cons & Remoaners.

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 11 Jun 19 6.24pm Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

are you on drugs ? a drunk aims to p1ss in the toilet bowl on a moving train, is my answer to that.


enthusiastically supporting the BBC is like paying a ton of money to a divorced wife you hate , who only spouts annoying drivel , and who wastes tons of money every week on shoes.

hear here

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Harborough Eagle's Profile Harborough Eagle Flag Market Harborough, Leicestershire 13 Jun 19 12.34pm Send a Private Message to Harborough Eagle Add Harborough Eagle as a friend

Here is a conspiracy theory for you...
those in govt plan that the BBC make this announcment just before the leadership election. Huge uproar...new leader then announces the decision is reversed Hooray for the new leader huge cudos with the public...then after a short respectabe period BBC gets extra funding. Everyone happy again each getting what they want...Oh except for the tax payers again.

Am I off my rocker?

 


Red and Blue though and through (more than 50 years)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thechaddyboy's Profile thechaddyboy Flag Peterborough 13 Jun 19 1.50pm Send a Private Message to thechaddyboy Add thechaddyboy as a friend

For many of the elderly the TV is the only voice they'll hear all day, sad to think the BBC is on the bones of it's a*** it has to still charge OAP's to fund the likes of Lineker & co.

 


Red & Blue since 73'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 13 Jun 19 1.50pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Harborough Eagle

Here is a conspiracy theory for you...
those in govt plan that the BBC make this announcment just before the leadership election. Huge uproar...new leader then announces the decision is reversed Hooray for the new leader huge cudos with the public...then after a short respectabe period BBC gets extra funding. Everyone happy again each getting what they want...Oh except for the tax payers again.

Am I off my rocker?

I think that's about right.

Phase 1
BBC agrees to Osbourne plan because they get guaranteed inflation rises in the License tax. In return they have to foot the bill for the over 75's from 2020.

BBC thinking: No worries our mate Jezza will be in power and the over 75 bit will be dropped whilst we keep our guaranteed pay rise.

Phase 2
Damn the Tories are still in power so I suppose we'd better do something about the over 75's.

BBC thinking: Take a page from the Osbourne Brexit play book and give the public the worst case scenario. Better still do it whilst the Tories are promising the country the earth to become the new leader. Focus the debate on government austerity rather than the BBC having had 3 years to manage this and sitting on their backsides.

My thinking: I hope the public target their anger at the BBC. I hope the media continue to spotlight the enormous waste of public money and eventually the BBC comes up with a more realistic soltuion.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 3 First< 1 2 3

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > oap tv license