You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Greenpeace Protest
July 21 2019 11.36am

Greenpeace Protest

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

 

View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 21 Jun 19 1.10pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

So MP Mark Field has now been suspended for manhandling a female protester after grabbing her around the neck.

Most posh birds I have met have all enjoyed being grabbed round the neck and manhandled but that's a different story.

Thought they were a better class of protesters in their evening dresses than the usual white blokes with dreadlocks brigade.

Not sure where I stand on this. One thing I do believe is that whoever organised the security last night should be looking for a new job this morning.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 21 Jun 19 1.29pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

So MP Mark Field has now been suspended for manhandling a female protester after grabbing her around the neck.

Most posh birds I have met have all enjoyed being grabbed round the neck and manhandled but that's a different story.

Thought they were a better class of protesters in their evening dresses than the usual white blokes with dreadlocks brigade.

Not sure where I stand on this. One thing I do believe is that whoever organised the security last night should be looking for a new job this morning.

That is the real story. This was a scheduled event full of politicians and senior City folk to allow 40 plus people to storm the room was shambolic.

I have no problem with how Field handled it. In the absence of security someone had to intervene we do not know what that woman could have done. It's all very well Greenpeace saying this was a peaceful protest but how was he supposed to know that. If I was a terrorist I just get a Greenpeace T shirt and I'm good to go.

These people may have a point about the environment but there actions are pathetic. They seem to think they are entitled to interfere with the rest of us holding up traffic, airports trains etc. and yet they are untouchable.

My advice to that woman if you didn't like the answer don't ask the question.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Buckspalace's Profile Buckspalace Flag Thornborough 21 Jun 19 1.31pm Send a Private Message to Buckspalace Add Buckspalace as a friend

Sorry but he had a split second to make his mind up what to do.
In the current climate if that protestor had a knife / gun and ended up injuring people it would have been a different story, he was not to know what the intention was.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 21 Jun 19 1.47pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Should have booted her up the jacksy while he had the chance

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 21 Jun 19 2.15pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Hmm. A Solicitor and member of the Government that thinks grabbing someone and then giving them the bum's rush - once it's clear they carry no actual threat - is a sensible move. No doubt fuelled by alcohol and wanting to be a 'hero'.

Maybe just stopping her in her tracks would have been enough. Ask the professionals what the protocol is.

Shame he appeared to grab her in the breast as well, that kind of adds fuel.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 21 Jun 19 2.16pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Should have booted her up the jacksy while he had the chance

Good thinking.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 21 Jun 19 2.17pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Why is there no proper security at these events?

You'd have more trouble getting into a night club.

This guy should never be put in this position.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 21 Jun 19 2.21pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

A Solicitor and member of the Government that thinks grabbing someone and then giving them the bum's rush - once it's clear they carry no actual threat

I'm sure that she was smiling as she was hustled out

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Park Road Flag 21 Jun 19 2.22pm

Originally posted by Buckspalace

Sorry but he had a split second to make his mind up what to do.
In the current climate if that protestor had a knife / gun and ended up injuring people it would have been a different story, he was not to know what the intention was.

You should be . She was a middle class woman in a red gown - who had already past many an MP/guest before passing the said politician.

Maybe, there was a milkshake in her handbag, in that case his actions s are justified.

Apparently, people are outraged at this and now he's suspended.

What a silly yet dangerous world we live in.

I'm mean honestly...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 21 Jun 19 2.44pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Hmm. A Solicitor and member of the Government that thinks grabbing someone and then giving them the bum's rush - once it's clear they carry no actual threat - is a sensible move. No doubt fuelled by alcohol and wanting to be a 'hero'.

Maybe just stopping her in her tracks would have been enough. Ask the professionals what the protocol is.

Shame he appeared to grab her in the breast as well, that kind of adds fuel.

He didn't- he grabbed her arm, twice, to turn her around before getting hold of the back of her neck - also a wise place to hold her as there is no risk of the charges of 'inappropriate' touching that would undoubtedly otherwise have been levied against him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag The toppermost of the poppermost 21 Jun 19 3.00pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Alternative scenario: protester gatecrashes private event and throws acid all over the Chancellor while everyone stands around and does nothing.

Field was absolutely right in his reaction, what with the random attacks on politicians we've seen over the last few years. My only regret is that she wasn't given a good kicking as well.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 21 Jun 19 3.02pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Should've decked her, then jumped on her head (for the benefit of Dollardaze)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Greenpeace Protest