You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Greenpeace Protest
September 16 2019 3.15pm

Greenpeace Protest

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 13 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

 

View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 23 Jun 19 8.18pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Agree. Imagine calling on a fight and then buckling so publicly and not being able to let it go. I thought you were his mate anyway, not very nice calling him a tit.

Not being able to let it go? I've not once brought it up since that day, and absolutely nothing happened here that warranted you entering Fight Club mode or making ludicrous accusations that are then passed off as 'jokes'. I stated during the actual conversation itself at the time and after:

"More importantly in answer to your 'Everyone on here has seen you offer it and then back down' Well, yes because I'm sure everyone on here has MASSIVE respect for people actually physically fighting because of arguments on HOL lol. A real sign of respect to our families too isn't it, that we'd risk injury in such a way. Which of course feeds right back into your juvenile huuur durrrrr I'll headstomp the world bollocks. Well no, no you won't will you. "

Yes people say things in the heat of the moment, but you have since relentlessly without reply in any instance, gone on about DMing about a fight. I have zero interest. I don't wish to receive your work schedules, or dates and times for any kind of fight or brawl you want to organise on HOL. Let go of the idea of organising a fight. It isn't going to happen, Chris. It's sixth form level nonsense.

Change the channel.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 23 Jun 19 8.19pm

Originally posted by cryrst

This shoeing line that's been in play for a while.
I think queensbury rules dont exist outside the boxing ring.
I always believe and was told if in a fight put them down and keep them down.
You snooze you lose.
More than one get your back to a wall.
This shoeing clearly an analogy of this theory.
Adding it to the dopey climate tart was at worst a bad joke, if she had a knife or acid then an unfortunate truth.

Cheers Cryst, glad someone gets it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 23 Jun 19 8.20pm

Originally posted by dollardays

Not being able to let it go? I've not once brought it up since that day, and absolutely nothing happened here that warranted you entering Fight Club mode or making ludicrous accusations that are then passed off as 'jokes'. I stated during the actual conversation itself at the time and after:

"More importantly in answer to your 'Everyone on here has seen you offer it and then back down' Well, yes because I'm sure everyone on here has MASSIVE respect for people actually physically fighting because of arguments on HOL lol. A real sign of respect to our families too isn't it, that we'd risk injury in such a way. Which of course feeds right back into your juvenile huuur durrrrr I'll headstomp the world bollocks. Well no, no you won't will you. "

Yes people say things in the heat of the moment, but you have since relentlessly without reply in any instance, gone on about DMing about a fight. I have zero interest. I don't wish to receive your work schedules, or dates and times for any kind of fight or brawl you want to organise on HOL. Let go of the idea of organising a fight. It isn't going to happen, Chris. It's sixth form level nonsense.

Change the channel.

You're a slippery one, that's not how it went and you know it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 23 Jun 19 8.22pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I just wanted to say thanks for the back-up.

In my time on here I have tended to be on the other side of the argument to the majority. I am used to that.

Funnily enough, if you stand your ground in the end those you disagree with often come to respect you and even enjoy the debate.

I hold no animosity towards Chris. I feel I now understand how and why he posts to some extent and in truth without people like me he wouldn't have any fun.

I am, however, very uncomfortable with the use of this site as a 'fight club' substitute. Anyone that sets out to pick a physical fight with other Palace fans is just plain wrong. This forum gets heated, that is why we use it, to debate with passion. But not to pick genuine fights. Let's not forget that we should have each other's backs, not be at them.

You're right, Maple. Thanks for your balanced, and right minded contribution.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 23 Jun 19 8.30pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Since it got booted into oblivion, here's my take again -


Was the way in which he reacted the absolutely ideal response? Probably not. Are unpredictable things more likely to happen when you burst into a room you've not been invited into? Probably.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 23 Jun 19 8.39pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Soft lily livered apologists really piss me off.
This girl may be a dangerous individual.
Like the lovely antifa girl who assaulted that fellow the other day.

I don't think she was dangerous, but of course at the time it was a rather chaotic scene with people storming in so it's easy to view it in an 'after the fact' light. The major failing was allowing them to get in there in the first place. And it's one we see again and again with these activists. On one hand it's handy and a relief for security to be tested in a fairly benign way. On other, as it always happens, is anything ever being learned from these incidents?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 23 Jun 19 8.39pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

Since it got booted into oblivion, here's my take again -


Was the way in which he reacted the absolutely ideal response? Probably not. Are unpredictable things more likely to happen when you burst into a room you've not been invited into? Probably.

Should he be suspended for protecting the chancellor of the exchequer?
Which I believe he thought he was doing.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 23 Jun 19 8.42pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Should he be suspended for protecting the chancellor of the exchequer?
Which I believe he thought he was doing.

I don't personally think he should be. He was rough,I certainly don't think it looked good, but at the same time I think we have to factor in the chaotic scene and people being unsure of what precisely was going on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 23 Jun 19 8.53pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

I don't think she was dangerous, but of course at the time it was a rather chaotic scene with people storming in so it's easy to view it in an 'after the fact' light. The major failing was allowing them to get in there in the first place. And it's one we see again and again with these activists. On one hand it's handy and a relief for security to be tested in a fairly benign way. On other, as it always happens, is anything ever being learned from these incidents?

I said may be not was dangerous.
What if her history is of a slightly darker one than a pretty dress and a smile.
Time will tell.
My main gripe about it all is the response from some .
Jess Philip's said it was 'harrowing' watching.
Jo cox being murdered was that and more.
Words in the wrong context and their use in a description can seriously hamper clear thinking.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 23 Jun 19 8.55pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Ironically lately on here that has been highlighted.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 23 Jun 19 9.05pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I said may be not was dangerous.
What if her history is of a slightly darker one than a pretty dress and a smile.
Time will tell.
My main gripe about it all is the response from some .
Jess Philip's said it was 'harrowing' watching.
Jo cox being murdered was that and more.
Words in the wrong context and their use in a description can seriously hamper clear thinking.

She certainly does appear to be very active [Link] . She doesn't look like a particular threat, but as you said before in that situation with very little time to think before reacting, I can see how things panned out how they did.

Jess Philips is one in a long line of political opportunists on both sides of the aisle.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 23 Jun 19 9.13pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

YURSSSSS. Love it when someone makes a massive tit of themselves.

There’s just so many to choose from!

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 13 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Greenpeace Protest