You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > "We need everyone to join climate marches"...
September 16 2019 3.15pm

"We need everyone to join climate marches"...

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 28 Jun 19 7.02pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Hiya becky, we are in Alicante atm, thats Benidorms Airport for those that have no idea, anyhoo, it is currently 39įc. Not humid, just very hot.

But are YOU eating cheese and garlic and farting?

I think we need to know who's responsible for these temperatures.....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 28 Jun 19 7.04pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I'm not sure about that, but in any case, what is certain is that climate changes whatever man does. This little window of perfect climate will not last forever and mankind will face a fight for survival, be it in 50 years or 1000 years.
It is highly likely that the next ice age will begin within the next 1500 years but no one can predict what effect the supposed man made warming will have on that cycle.

Humans in Northern Europe and North America might all be spared the worst.


Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (28 Jun 2019 5.44pm)

Of course climate changes regardless, but a window of 50 to 1000 years is a pretty big one, and I donít see why weíd knowingly opt for the lower end of that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 28 Jun 19 7.07pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

All these dirty climate change spastics banging on about being carbon neutral by 2025, so what then?

We all drive about in electric vehicles powered by li(thium)-ion, a market dominated by China. Great. Let's be reliant on those maniacs rather than Saudi oil. Frying and fire springs to mind.

Nothing environmentally friendly about its extraction either, might as well be burning coal ffs.

It's all just buzz words and hot air. Where the 2010s were all about signalling your virtue by being ok with LGBTQRSTU whatever, pollution is going to be the key vehicle of the 2020s virtue signaller.

Stop giving the disposal/recycling contracts to third world nations (that includes half the EU) as they tip it straight in the sea, and whack China with tariffs until they take emission limits seriously.

World saved. Don't know why we keep flaying ourselves.

Funny enough, those Ďclimate change spasticsí are not the ones responsible for the allocation of waste disposal contracts, nor tariffs on China, so they donít have much influence there... hence the need for protest.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 28 Jun 19 7.11pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

44 degrees in mainland Europe is entirely normal for this time of year right?

Iím sure weíve had this discussion before; to question the extent of climate change is valid, to question its existence is just a denial of fact (as in man-made acceleration of climate change).

It's not that abnormal.
Check out the history of recorded temps and it had to be topped evetually.
Like everything in nature.
Plastic yes i get that and a physical thing we can ,in time change.
Co2 in the atmosphere 0.0039 % when first measured
Co2 in the atmosphere now 0.0039% now
I rest my case mlord.
Money making for the future;as within 100 years fossil will be running out.
Preservation until we are all dead and everyone is used to other forms I get.
But the bullcrap now is gut wrenching.
Incentives are what's needed in the form of dosh; not threats and fines.
Be honest and charitable and it will happen naturally.
Force it and you will get resistance.
A natural defense mechanism.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 28 Jun 19 7.21pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Of course climate changes regardless, but a window of 50 to 1000 years is a pretty big one, and I donít see why weíd knowingly opt for the lower end of that.

I'm not saying we should. I'm saying that we have to look at the bigger picture when making decisions.

You know that my solution to man made environmental issues is to reduce the population by about two thirds.

In the meantime, we must prevent most of the third world from developing. That is happening to some degree.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 28 Jun 19 8.33pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I'm not saying we should. I'm saying that we have to look at the bigger picture when making decisions.

You know that my solution to man made environmental issues is to reduce the population by about two thirds.

In the meantime, we must prevent most of the third world from developing. That is happening to some degree.

Need a good war or virilant disease.
If it's me and mine we've done our bit.
s*** happens

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 28 Jun 19 8.58pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

It's not that abnormal.
Check out the history of recorded temps and it had to be topped evetually.
Like everything in nature.
Plastic yes i get that and a physical thing we can ,in time change.
Co2 in the atmosphere 0.0039 % when first measured
Co2 in the atmosphere now 0.0039% now
I rest my case mlord.
Money making for the future;as within 100 years fossil will be running out.
Preservation until we are all dead and everyone is used to other forms I get.
But the bullcrap now is gut wrenching.
Incentives are what's needed in the form of dosh; not threats and fines.
Be honest and charitable and it will happen naturally.
Force it and you will get resistance.
A natural defense mechanism.

Itís record breaking so itís by definition abnormal.

Again; protestors and climate change activists cannot offer financial incentives; that would have to come from government... whatís one way people force change from governments... protest. Itís all they have in their arsenal.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 28 Jun 19 9.03pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Itís record breaking so itís by definition abnormal.

Again; protestors and climate change activists cannot offer financial incentives; that would have to come from government... whatís one way people force change from governments... protest. Itís all they have in their arsenal.

In the last 300 years maybe. History has gone on a bit longer than that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 28 Jun 19 9.04pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I'm not saying we should. I'm saying that we have to look at the bigger picture when making decisions.

You know that my solution to man made environmental issues is to reduce the population by about two thirds.

In the meantime, we must prevent most of the third world from developing. That is happening to some degree.

I know thatís your solution, but surely you look at others in tandem - even you must acknowledge that your suggestion is extreme by any definition, so doing what we can to limit the rate of damage via other methods is logical.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 28 Jun 19 9.18pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

I know thatís your solution, but surely you look at others in tandem - even you must acknowledge that your suggestion is extreme by any definition, so doing what we can to limit the rate of damage via other methods is logical.

Yes, we should attempt to limit potential environmental damage.
The problem is that countries like China have an output of industrial pollutants that make Britain's seem like a mouse fart.
This is not an easy thing to fix overnight.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 28 Jun 19 11.22pm

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Funny enough, those Ďclimate change spasticsí are not the ones responsible for the allocation of waste disposal contracts, nor tariffs on China, so they donít have much influence there... hence the need for protest.

They're ignorant knobs who don't even understand the bigger picture.

Holding up traffic ffs. DELIBERATELY making diesel cars idle for much, much longer than they would have normally to protest about climate change!?!?!

Just a bunch of middle class, smelly agitators who should be at work.

Protest through life choices, stop buying their s*** and the big companies will have to take notice.

All these f***ers going home satisfied with a job well done with their pathetic, PR disaster protest, sticking the wood burner on, eating their unsustainable M&S steak and watching their TVs made in China completely oblivious that all these actions are contributing to the problem.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 29 Jun 19 6.31am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

They're ignorant knobs who don't even understand the bigger picture.

Holding up traffic ffs. DELIBERATELY making diesel cars idle for much, much longer than they would have normally to protest about climate change!?!?!

Just a bunch of middle class, smelly agitators who should be at work.

Protest through life choices, stop buying their s*** and the big companies will have to take notice.

All these f***ers going home satisfied with a job well done with their pathetic, PR disaster protest, sticking the wood burner on, eating their unsustainable M&S steak and watching their TVs made in China completely oblivious that all these actions are contributing to the problem.

Yep, 'plastic soul'.

We are all hypocrites in life....Outside of the fields we understand we are all normies...However, some people take the absolute biscuit and live in what I can only describe as 'altered reality'.......and some of the most annoying are the pandering virtue signallers.

Edited by Stirlingsays (29 Jun 2019 6.38am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > "We need everyone to join climate marches"...