You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Why is it always the gooners???
September 17 2019 12.13pm

Why is it always the gooners???

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View pax3908's Profile pax3908 Flag 03 Jul 19 12.17am Send a Private Message to pax3908 Add pax3908 as a friend

They really are sleazy, crap horrible outfit, first they nicked Kenny. S, then they got Wrighty, know they want to pick up Zaha for a song! I hate them with a passion, so pleased they dipped out on top four, how can Wilf come out with the cobblers he has always wanted to play for them, they aren't fit to own his sweat bands!!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mileend's Profile mileend Flag East London 03 Jul 19 1.21am Send a Private Message to mileend Add mileend as a friend

it's not them anymore because it doesn't look like they have the money to buy success anymore - they can only afford 8m a year for 5 years to buy Zaha who is worth 80m. Embarrassing. Spurs just splashed 50m on an unproven French kid.
The goobers have a big stadium with massive ticket prices and no cash. So dodgy. Spurs have a billion pound stadium and are splashing cash. I guess CL money has gone to their head.
Gooners are gone.
Had a look through their squad list and after the first 11 didn't see one that would improve our first team squad.
They have gone from the top four and next they will be gone from the top six. Europa Cup will be their new dreamland.
Their best players only have a couple of years left and will leave on a free and the next best are hanging in there for the final payday.
The kids aren't the best and the board just desperately hope someone will take them on loan.
The fans are depressed. The players are hoping no one notices they are a bit sh!te
They are on a long painful descent and they'll be battling us for the places above 18h spot before long.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bashy2's Profile bashy2 Flag 03 Jul 19 1.28am Send a Private Message to bashy2 Add bashy2 as a friend

Originally posted by mileend

it's not them anymore because it doesn't look like they have the money to buy success anymore - they can only afford 8m a year for 5 years to buy Zaha who is worth 80m. Embarrassing. Spurs just splashed 50m on an unproven French kid.
The goobers have a big stadium with massive ticket prices and no cash. So dodgy. Spurs have a billion pound stadium and are splashing cash. I guess CL money has gone to their head.
Gooners are gone.
Had a look through their squad list and after the first 11 didn't see one that would improve our first team squad.
They have gone from the top four and next they will be gone from the top six. Europa Cup will be their new dreamland.
Their best players only have a couple of years left and will leave on a free and the next best are hanging in there for the final payday.
The kids aren't the best and the board just desperately hope someone will take them on loan.
The fans are depressed. The players are hoping no one notices they are a bit sh!te
They are on a long painful descent and they'll be battling us for the places above 18h spot before long.


agree with this

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Noz's Profile Noz Flag North Hampshire 03 Jul 19 6.11am Send a Private Message to Noz Add Noz as a friend

Originally posted by mileend

it's not them anymore because it doesn't look like they have the money to buy success anymore - they can only afford 8m a year for 5 years to buy Zaha who is worth 80m. Embarrassing. Spurs just splashed 50m on an unproven French kid.
The goobers have a big stadium with massive ticket prices and no cash. So dodgy. Spurs have a billion pound stadium and are splashing cash. I guess CL money has gone to their head.
Gooners are gone.
Had a look through their squad list and after the first 11 didn't see one that would improve our first team squad.
They have gone from the top four and next they will be gone from the top six. Europa Cup will be their new dreamland.
Their best players only have a couple of years left and will leave on a free and the next best are hanging in there for the final payday.
The kids aren't the best and the board just desperately hope someone will take them on loan.
The fans are depressed. The players are hoping no one notices they are a bit sh!te
They are on a long painful descent and they'll be battling us for the places above 18h spot before long.

Really, so you dont think last seasons joint top goal scorer in the premier league would be better than benteke? Id happily take Lacazette too!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 03 Jul 19 6.40am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Noz

Really, so you dont think last seasons joint top goal scorer in the premier league would be better than benteke? Id happily take Lacazette too!

I don't think you read his post properly, it said " after the first eleven" I assume the golden boot winner is in the first eleven as is Lacazette

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Noz's Profile Noz Flag North Hampshire 03 Jul 19 8.12am Send a Private Message to Noz Add Noz as a friend

Point noted; apologies!


Originally posted by Spiderman

I don't think you read his post properly, it said " after the first eleven" I assume the golden boot winner is in the first eleven as is Lacazette

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tlsestu's Profile Tlsestu Flag Toulouse 03 Jul 19 10.06am Send a Private Message to Tlsestu Add Tlsestu as a friend

Didn't they try to unsettle Geoff Thomas before the start of the season just before we were due to play them?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Sittingbourne 03 Jul 19 10.34am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Fading team whose fan base now mostly comprises of late-90's and early 2000's gloryhunters and/or tourists who have been left disillusioned and fail to create any atmosphere of note.

I hate to stereotype or dare speak against Wilf, but he would probably fall into that bracket too by the sounds of things.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pigglelet's Profile Pigglelet Flag Deepest Darkest Sussex 03 Jul 19 4.25pm Send a Private Message to Pigglelet Add Pigglelet as a friend

Originally posted by Tlsestu

Didn't they try to unsettle Geoff Thomas before the start of the season just before we were due to play them?

No, it was Blackburn Rovers that I think you are referring to. They had just been promoted to the PL and we were due to face them in the opening game of the '92 season. They had seemed very keen to sign GT, but after the match Palace received a call from the Blackburn chairman who said they were no longer interested.

 


"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Chubskip's Profile Chubskip Flag 03 Jul 19 4.28pm Send a Private Message to Chubskip Add Chubskip as a friend

Didn't they also sign the Mexican? Mcgoldrick

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Daddyorc's Profile Daddyorc Flag Long Island City, NY 03 Jul 19 5.02pm Send a Private Message to Daddyorc Add Daddyorc as a friend

ignore this

Edited by Daddyorc (03 Jul 2019 5.03pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Daddyorc's Profile Daddyorc Flag Long Island City, NY 03 Jul 19 5.03pm Send a Private Message to Daddyorc Add Daddyorc as a friend

Originally posted by Daddyorc

I think their main issue is the salaries to their existing players, especially Ozil and Mkhitaryan. It's left them a bit stuck on cash.

Man U have the same issue (ironically with ex-Arsenal Sanchez), but have a bigger fan base.

I do, however, like how Man U are buying young home-grown talent and looking to the future. They may have another year or two of struggles, but it'll pay off down the road.

Unlike Arsenal. Take a look at their 25 (toward the bottom) [Link]

4 British (and they just lost the only Welsh). And none of them are usually in the first 11. Plus how many of them came through Arsenal's academy? No starters and maybe two of the 25? So they've had to buy all the rest.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Why is it always the gooners???