You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > The truth is out there...
January 26 2021 8.30am

The truth is out there...

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Jul 19 2.24pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

"Klaatu barada nikto".

Na....Only if I can select the bits to save.

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Jul 19 2.28pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I dont think we are alone in the universe though.
Strangely I think I read that physics doesnt forbid time travel so who knows if we have or are being visited.
There was a book I read years ago called
'Was God an astronaut'
Interesting theories on Easter island and the like.

Everybody knows the truth was foretold in the film 'Prometheus'.

[Link]

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Jul 19 2.43pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Alien life exists in the universe as the chances of it being a once occurrence is mind boggling when you consider the size of the known universe and how long it's been about - 13.7 billion years is the current number.

It's more about the first emergence of 'intelligent' space capable life somewhere....or how common that is.

The big hurdle is of course going from single cell organisms to multicelluar......that's a massive leap....at some point a cell survived and adapted after being...presumably swallowed by another cell....that's mind boggling in of itself.....without that we couldn't be here as complex functioning systems couldn't emerge.

How often does that happen?....ah, one of the great unknowns.

For me, evolution means that once you have complex animals who can survive and reproduce successfully I think 'intelligence' will automatically evolve as a survival requirement....social animals are more successful than non social.

In my view there would have been 'intelligent' dinosaurs....in the same way some birds or sea creatures are intelligent.

Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Jul 2019 2.58pm)

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
.TUX. Flag 18 Jul 19 8.06pm

We were in Egypt a few weeks ago and while visiting one of many temples our guide pointed out a sperm carved into a stone.
I forget the name of the Pharoah that was waving his leaking knob about but i did wonder how the Egyptians knew what a single sperm looked like and how on earth could technology such as this be 'lost' for thousands of years?


 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 18 Jul 19 8.41pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by .TUX.

We were in Egypt a few weeks ago and while visiting one of many temples our guide pointed out a sperm carved into a stone.
I forget the name of the Pharoah that was waving his leaking knob about but i did wonder how the Egyptians knew what a single sperm looked like and how on earth could technology such as this be 'lost' for thousands of years?

You answered the 1st poster.
I think we have been visited but thats imo.
Drawings in caves
Nascar lines
Easter island
Your question above.
Jesus looking up to heaven and
"Forgive them lord etc"
Or is it all fake news?


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 18 Jul 19 9.09pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Alien life exists in the universe as the chances of it being a once occurrence is mind boggling when you consider the size of the known universe and how long it's been about - 13.7 billion years is the current number.

It's more about the first emergence of 'intelligent' space capable life somewhere....or how common that is.

The big hurdle is of course going from single cell organisms to multicelluar......that's a massive leap....at some point a cell survived and adapted after being...presumably swallowed by another cell....that's mind boggling in of itself.....without that we couldn't be here as complex functioning systems couldn't emerge.

How often does that happen?....ah, one of the great unknowns.

For me, evolution means that once you have complex animals who can survive and reproduce successfully I think 'intelligence' will automatically evolve as a survival requirement....social animals are more successful than non social.

In my view there would have been 'intelligent' dinosaurs....in the same way some birds or sea creatures are intelligent.

Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Jul 2019 2.58pm)

There you have the greatest mystery that's still unexplained - how do you get from dead matter to a single living cell organism? What gives one particular piece of matter life? How is that life created within one single cell but not another?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp please!

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Jul 19 9.31pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by becky

There you have the greatest mystery that's still unexplained - how do you get from dead matter to a single living cell organism? What gives one particular piece of matter life? How is that life created within one single cell but not another?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp please!

Is anything truly dead? The native Americans don't think so.....Sorry, I'll put the peace pipe down now.

Personally I've always had the view that as our means of zooming into the small (and large) to observe is still so incredibly pathetic compared to just how small or large nature goes.....Our resolution is so bad that I rather suspect that 'life' could be anything or anywhere......there are probably other dimensions based upon size which we can't access yet still add to universal physics.

Sorry...back on the peace pipe again.


Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Jul 2019 9.47pm)

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Beanyboysmd's Profile Beanyboysmd Flag 18 Jul 19 9.48pm Send a Private Message to Beanyboysmd Add Beanyboysmd as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

[Link]

We have had the odd discussion about UFOs on here and I have previously said that my personal experience and what I have been told leads me to believe that we really have been visited by someone from outside of our realm.

This interview was posted in December 2017 and I'm really surprised that it didn't cause more of a stir.

It just confirms my suspicions about what might happen when people are eventually confronted with 'official' proof.

Many will just ignore it.

its wierd you mention this, I just made a YouTube video taking the piss out of a truly dumb conspiracy that's making the rounds. This is not a dumb one, but I do think it's wrong...

Truth is I think there are such things as aliens, I believe they are in the same position we are, stuck in some corner of the universe, scratching their head trying to work out who else is out there. I think the distances in space are too far apart for any meaningful communication or contact. I would love to be wrong though...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
deleted user Flag 18 Jul 19 10.27pm

Originally posted by Lyons550

Some would suggest that the two are linked...in that Religion and the worshipping of a daiety is a result of Alien visitation..

That's true. I've seen various reports of religion either having links in this area or hallucinogenic drugs. Where else outside of an STD clinic do you see a burning bush?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
deleted user Flag 18 Jul 19 10.32pm

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Life is out there. There is virtually no chance of us being alone.
Our solar system appears to be unusual judging by what we have observed. The Earth perhaps more so.

That might mean that intelligent life like ourselves could be very infrequent. That does not mean that we are not being visited. There are almost infinite possibilities.

The problem with this subject is firstly, the loony factor. If you talk about it, you are likely to be branded a loon, and there is no doubt that the subject does attract some nut cases.
Second. Trying to apply logic to a subject which has no certainty. Despite some trying to appear 'informed', it is impossible to make educated judgments about a subject about which there is no understanding.

I agree. There must be million, billions who knows.. planets suitable for life. It simply has to be out there, and it's a shame that we may never have any real understanding of what is out there when we stare into the night sky. In all likelihood they are staring back asking the same questions, so maybe we at least share that experience.

And yes it's not a frequent topic to come up in conversation due to the loon factor reasons you mention. Still, even though there is no answer for us, it's one of the most fascinating things to think about.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 Jul 19 10.34pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I can believe in intelligent alien life what I don't believe is that they travel thousands of light years to this planet not make formal contact and spend their time whizzing around Area 51 or whatever.

What is the point of that. If they want to observe us I would think they can do that from orbit.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
deleted user Flag 18 Jul 19 10.44pm

Originally posted by Badger11

I can believe in intelligent alien life what I don't believe is that they travel thousands of light years to this planet not make formal contact and spend their time whizzing around Area 51 or whatever.

What is the point of that. If they want to observe us I would think they can do that from orbit.

Then explain this

alien.JPG Attachment: alien.JPG (40.26Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > The truth is out there...