You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread
August 9 2020 3.36pm

The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 131 of 151 < 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 21 Feb 20 12.48pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by susmik

It was to secure a decent sell on if it happened.
I did not agree with his extension either but realised there was a reason for their madness Rudi.

Problem being that hes as much use as one of the street lights one of our new banners is hanging from.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Isley46's Profile Isley46 Flag Sanderstead 21 Feb 20 1.00pm Send a Private Message to Isley46 Add Isley46 as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Stadium redevelopment? If we were serious wed have bought the land already after 2 or 3 years is it of nothing.

if we were serious I would have thought the architects might have had a plan B to fit the available footprint if the land issue was never to be resolved - or maybe agree a purchase price before engaging with the architects?

I'm sure Fulham would have looked into what agreements were needed before planning on extending their new stand into the river Thames and getting those agreements in place first.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Canterbury Palace's Profile Canterbury Palace Flag Whitstable 21 Feb 20 1.44pm Send a Private Message to Canterbury Palace Add Canterbury Palace as a friend

Have always had plenty of time for Parish but I'm still not satisfied with his points regarding transfers.

By and large we're hardly a greedy bunch and merely want the VERY obvious holes in the squad addressed, particularly those, such as a new striker, which haven't been fixed for a long time.

The notion that we don't want to block the paths of youngsters to the first team is a complete cop out excuse as well. Between that, suggesting the fans are unrealistic and lamenting the transfer climate it feels as though he is absolving the club of all responsibility for recent transfer failings.

I genuinely have no desire to spunk tens of millions on expensive, glamour players as it's proven to be likely to fail. In fact I was as excited about getting Ferguson and Bowen from the Championship as I have been about any other recent transfers.

However, we can all see on a weekly basis that this is an aging, injury prone squad that is running out of ideas and I don't think it's too much to ask for there to be a bit of investment here and there to help that. If we do stay up this summer, new faces are absolutely vital because we won't survive another campaign like this.

 


We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Kent 21 Feb 20 1.48pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by susmik

Well put Willo as it is true that we supporters do NOT know what is actually going on in the background and some continue to slag him off as if they know it all. SP came across as a Palace fan that wants only the best for our club and I honestly believe he does know what he is doing. I agree with him on the fact "You do not just go out and splash the cash on players just to appease our fans. That is not the way to run a football club and he knows it. Many fans are too eager to throw insults his way and also at Dougie who in my opinion is doing a good job by not just going out and buying players we do not really need to buy. SP stands by him and so do I as I think they both know what they are doing.

No you strategically plan for the talent you need to acquire, identify plausible solutions and then take action when appropriate (transfer window).

I don't think many fans are asking him to splash cash, but we sold a rb for 50mil and never replaced him, we've needed a rb, lb and striker for a few years now and we only have two wingers.

The case for not 'splashing the cash on players just to appease the fans" is both ludicrous and derogatory IMO as is the case to say there was only ever one available option to us which unfortunately didn't work out because of a knock to the player.

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dancer Cat's Profile Dancer Cat Flag Farnborough 21 Feb 20 2.10pm Send a Private Message to Dancer Cat Add Dancer Cat as a friend

Originally posted by susmik

Well put Willo as it is true that we supporters do NOT know what is actually going on in the background and some continue to slag him off as if they know it all. SP came across as a Palace fan that wants only the best for our club and I honestly believe he does know what he is doing. I agree with him on the fact "You do not just go out and splash the cash on players just to appease our fans. That is not the way to run a football club and he knows it. Many fans are too eager to throw insults his way and also at Dougie who in my opinion is doing a good job by not just going out and buying players we do not really need to buy. SP stands by him and so do I as I think they both know what they are doing.

Let's splash the cash - 5.2M of it. - on offering a year's extension for Benteke instead then.

Looks like he's offering RH an extension before we've guaranteed our survival for next year - so that's the Pardew lesson well & truly learned then

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 21 Feb 20 2.19pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Roy extension: happy or not? ' by bexleydave

We have had good results under Roy, he has done a good job with pretty poor tools at his disposal.
However, personally, I was not exactly overjoyed or overwhelmed with excitement when I heard the news he has been offered an extension.
I wondered how others feel? I have that dead man walking feeling about Palace currently. I should be used to it as I get it at some point almost every season.
We need new blood.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 21 Feb 20 2.32pm Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

I think Roy has done a fantastic job and for one Im absolutely delighted he has been offered and apparently accepted a further year at the helm .
Parish is the best chairman this club has ever had and was buoyed with his words of encouragement on the way forward ,on the academy ,buying the car park and most importantly his stubborn refusal to ever let this marvellous football club to fall into debt .

Well done to all the management at the club . (I still don't know what the purpose of involving the yanks was/is though)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 21 Feb 20 2.35pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Roy extension: happy or not? ' by bexleydave

We have had good results under Roy, he has done a good job with pretty poor tools at his disposal.
However, personally, I was not exactly overjoyed or overwhelmed with excitement when I heard the news he has been offered an extension.
I wondered how others feel? I have that dead man walking feeling about Palace currently. I should be used to it as I get it at some point almost every season.
We need new blood.

Perhaps the extension is on the proviso that we are not relegated, hence it has not been signed.

If indeed we survive, this will be the third season that Hodgson has secured survival with limited outlay in the transfer market,accordingly one can understand the club wanting to retain his services in these circumstances.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ghostship's Profile Ghostship Flag Norfolk 21 Feb 20 3.34pm Send a Private Message to Ghostship Add Ghostship as a friend

Not sure how many of us can take another season of watching Palace under Roy as the style of play is dire and totally antiquated, how I stay awake when watching our games I do not know.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 21 Feb 20 3.42pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Ghostship

Not sure how many of us can take another season of watching Palace under Roy as the style of play is dire and totally antiquated, how I stay awake when watching our games I do not know.

I am often reduced to slack-jawed somnolence at Selhurst Park.

If anyone witnesses a gentleman somewhat ripe in years in a state of repose,sitting not that far removed from Mr Parish it will be 'Yours truly'!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ghostship's Profile Ghostship Flag Norfolk 21 Feb 20 3.54pm Send a Private Message to Ghostship Add Ghostship as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I am often reduced to slack-jawed somnolence at Selhurst Park.

If anyone witnesses a gentleman somewhat ripe in years in a state of repose,sitting not that far removed from Mr Parish it will be 'Yours truly'!

Must be those nice comfy seats as well Willo. Just get somebody to blast an airhorn in your ear that should keep you awake

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 21 Feb 20 4.01pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Ghostship

Must be those nice comfy seats as well Willo. Just get somebody to blast an airhorn in your ear that should keep you awake

Sometimes it is better to be comatose than witness some of the dross.
I shall probably be in a state of repose,slouched so deeply in my seat that one could place a pint pot on my paunch.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 131 of 151 < 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread