You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Singing Section
October 23 2019 10.34pm

Singing Section

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 11 Aug 19 7.53am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Oh I bet you did. Making sure you're one of the gang, slithering your way in.

Ear plugs ffs. That's the way to enjoy a football game... Imagine forcing this "atmosphere" on others only to then drown it out as you can't hack it? Marvelous irony.

Fantastic stuff, absolutely made my weekend. Put whatever spin on it you like: you're going to suffer big time. Deafened by an out of time drum, unable to see the pitch for all the bouncing about and homemade banners. Knees shot to f*** by Christmas because of the constant standing.

Good. Be careful what you wish for springs to mind.

I remember reading Maple's dismayed posts at the beginning of this saga.....then the self interest and morphing....Actions speak louder than words.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 11 Aug 19 8.02am Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

You sad acts ganging up on him. Section was ace yesterday, lid would have gone off if we had scored.

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 11 Aug 19 8.23am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Oh I bet you did. Making sure you're one of the gang, slithering your way in.

Ear plugs ffs. That's the way to enjoy a football game... Imagine forcing this "atmosphere" on others only to then drown it out as you can't hack it? Marvelous irony.

Fantastic stuff, absolutely made my weekend. Put whatever spin on it you like: you're going to suffer big time. Deafened by an out of time drum, unable to see the pitch for all the bouncing about and homemade banners. Knees shot to f*** by Christmas because of the constant standing.

Good. Be careful what you wish for springs to mind.

Sometimes I wonder if you actually support this club. Can't you give it a rest. I am 63 and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere (even the drumming). It is what is needed to lighten the gloom that is surrounding the place. Well done Maple for buying into it and well done everyone who was at the game. Atmosphere was very good

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 11 Aug 19 8.25am Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Sometimes I wonder if you actually support this club. Can't you give it a rest. I am 63 and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere (even the drumming). It is what is needed to lighten the gloom that is surrounding the place. Well done Maple for buying into it and well done everyone who was at the game. Atmosphere was very good

He wasnít there.

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 11 Aug 19 8.28am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Seen some vids that dispel your account, only 1 flag(before match), hardly any 'chanting', most seem to come from the Arthur & dare i say it, main stand.

Tho, im in Alicante & it may be disstorted images/audio.

Interesting that your first post asked "how many flags, were they in fine voice?" This reply to my post suggest you were just waiting to shoot down anyone who dared say it was good. Only 1 flag? Watch MOTD and look at the picture behind Lineker when he introduces the match. There again I suppose if you only want to see and hear what suits your agenda that is your prerogative

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 11 Aug 19 9.34am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I remember reading Maple's dismayed posts at the beginning of this saga.....then the self interest and morphing....Actions speak louder than words.

I never changed my approach, just for the record. In the end I was not alone in staying put. I was deeply saddened that those with whom I sat for so many years were displaced. You two wouldnít know about that of course

Now life moves on. We enjoyed ourselves yesterday. But then we arenít ones to see the worst in every situation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 11 Aug 19 9.43am

Originally posted by Mapletree

I never changed my approach, just for the record. In the end I was not alone in staying put. I was deeply saddened that those with whom I sat for so many years were displaced. You two wouldnít know about that of course

Now life moves on. We enjoyed ourselves yesterday. But then we arenít ones to see the worst in every situation.

Pull the ladder up jack, very noble.

Nobody likes a turncoat: imagine betraying your mates like that? Says it all.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Aug 19 9.45am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

The new drum is too loud and doesnít ever stop, including the songs nobody else knows or likes singing so of course wonít be joining in.

Apart from that when everyone does join in it is louder across half the lower Holmesdale.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 11 Aug 19 9.46am

Originally posted by Spiderman

Sometimes I wonder if you actually support this club. Can't you give it a rest. I am 63 and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere (even the drumming). It is what is needed to lighten the gloom that is surrounding the place. Well done Maple for buying into it and well done everyone who was at the game. Atmosphere was very good

Good for you, would you like a medal? You're entitled to your opinion, and to be fair you tend to speak a lot of sense most of the time. Never had you pinned as one of these "I'm a better fan than you" crowd but there you go, you've let yourself down.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 11 Aug 19 9.48am

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I remember reading Maple's dismayed posts at the beginning of this saga.....then the self interest and morphing....Actions speak louder than words.

Exactly, well said as ever.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 11 Aug 19 9.59am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I remember reading Maple's dismayed posts at the beginning of this saga.....then the self interest and morphing....Actions speak louder than words.

They do donít they

I attend games and always have. And you?

Keep New Yearís Day free. Time you actually saw what you drivel on about.

Edited by Mapletree (11 Aug 2019 10.02am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 11 Aug 19 10.10am

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

The new drum is too loud and doesnít ever stop, including the songs nobody else knows or likes singing so of course wonít be joining in.

Apart from that when everyone does join in it is louder across half the lower Holmesdale.

You're not allowed that opinion, the HF are the greatest and anyone who thinks different isn't a proper fan.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Singing Section