You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Colchester (Carabao Cup) Match Thread
September 16 2019 11.13am

Palace vs Colchester (Carabao Cup) Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 11 of 15 < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Hutchyeagle's Profile Hutchyeagle Flag Hove 27 Aug 19 11.58pm Send a Private Message to Hutchyeagle Add Hutchyeagle as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Woods - one of the only positives from tonight' by Midlands Eagle

Thought Woods and Reidewald were both terrible tonight...almost embarrassing! Appreciate they are not specialist full backs , but they are supposed to be professional footballers. Literally they looked out of their depth
Wickham ...whatís happened there. He makes Sorloth look amazing , he is unable to move ...canít win a header, gets out muscled , makes runs off the ball a Sunday footballer would make..just donít understand whatís happened to him

Thought Casamara did ok, faded in the second half, Ayew did well when he came on and thatís about it really...Cahill looked assured...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 27 Aug 19 11.58pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Woods - one of the only positives from tonight' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

Either this is a windup or youíre his dad.

If Woods was the lad with face mask then he sh@t and I mean real sh@t.

Hope Ward does not get injured otherwise we are screwed.

Iíd get Ward a permanent chauffeur and a bungalow to live in with full time butler.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bangell's Profile Bangell Online Flag Oxford 28 Aug 19 12.05am Send a Private Message to Bangell Add Bangell as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Woods - one of the only positives from tonight' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Hutchyeagle

Thought Woods and Reidewald were both terrible tonight...almost embarrassing! Appreciate they are not specialist full backs , but they are supposed to be professional footballers. Literally they looked out of their depth
Wickham ...whatís happened there. He makes Sorloth look amazing , he is unable to move ...canít win a header, gets out muscled , makes runs off the ball a Sunday footballer would make..just donít understand whatís happened to him

Thought Casamara did ok, faded in the second half, Ayew did well when he came on and thatís about it really...Cahill looked assured...

Take a look at his injury record

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View fish mitten's Profile fish mitten Flag Chelmsford 28 Aug 19 12.10am Send a Private Message to fish mitten Add fish mitten as a friend

I thought Benteke was one of the few positive. Really thought heíd scored when he hit the underside of the bar. His movement was fantastic compared to Wickham, who looked overweight and offered nothing. Midfield was great at playing sideways triangles, but the ball never moves forward with any urgency. Slow and predictable. Wilf just never got into either. Oh for the days of Salako and McGoldrick ripping teams apart with pacy counter attackís.

Edited by fish mitten (28 Aug 2019 12.12am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View A1969Eagle's Profile A1969Eagle Flag Redhill 28 Aug 19 12.32am Send a Private Message to A1969Eagle Add A1969Eagle as a friend

Tonight.. seriously?

Our coaching team needs fresh blood.
No imagination
No creatively
same old same old!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Romford-Eagle's Profile Romford-Eagle Flag Romford 28 Aug 19 1.28am Send a Private Message to Romford-Eagle Add Romford-Eagle as a friend

Think its time that Roy was sacked, home form the last few years has been dreadful...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 28 Aug 19 4.42am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Roy cannot be sacked..... he is a good manager and he is doign what he can, but he needs his team.... let him buy his players....

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 28 Aug 19 5.34am Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

Roy cannot be sacked..... he is a good manager and he is doign what he can, but he needs his team.... let him buy his players....

The chairman and friends have decided this squad are good enough to keep us in the premier league and are keeping any transfer kitty they may or may not have for the new manager 20/21
As far as this cup go its a shame we don't take it more seriously as a cup is all we are ever going to win .

Well done though to Colchester , we have been there when we were a lower league team and our incompetence to function at home should not take away their achievement in winning away to a premier league side .

Right now lets smash Villa , COYP !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 28 Aug 19 5.45am Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Woods - one of the only positives from tonight' by Midlands Eagle

Why would we play Woods in an unfamiliar position in his 3rd professional match rather than swapping Kelly who began his career as a rightback and has played for England in that position. That seems like a stupid mistake.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 28 Aug 19 6.42am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Long suffering supporters subjected to the same old garbage at home and one suspects this could continue throughout the season starting with A.Villa on Saturday.

We rode our luck against Man Utd and whilst I was elated by the result I felt it just papered over some significant cracks. Season of struggle I fear.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 28 Aug 19 6.44am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

Roy cannot be sacked..... he is a good manager and he is doign what he can, but he needs his team.... let him buy his players....

You could have the best players in the league, but if the coaches are rubbish, apart from defending tactics, it wont get you results.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 28 Aug 19 8.09am Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by fish mitten

I thought Benteke was one of the few positive. Really thought heíd scored when he hit the underside of the bar. His movement was fantastic compared to Wickham, who looked overweight and offered nothing. Midfield was great at playing sideways triangles, but the ball never moves forward with any urgency. Slow and predictable. Wilf just never got into either. Oh for the days of Salako and McGoldrick ripping teams apart with pacy counter attackís.

Edited by fish mitten (28 Aug 2019 12.12am)

He was playing against L2 side, are you saying that he has found his level, albeit he did not score!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 11 of 15 < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Colchester (Carabao Cup) Match Thread