You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Signings On The Way
August 14 2020 3.58am

Signings On The Way

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 67 of 78 < 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Bullhorn76's Profile Bullhorn76 Flag Darlington 22 Jul 20 3.50pm Send a Private Message to Bullhorn76 Add Bullhorn76 as a friend

OP has been awfully quiet hasn’t he? His source must be furloughed or something lol

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 22 Jul 20 4.03pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I think he got slaughtered last time which was a little unfair. Transfer dealings are a murky business and we seem to be expert at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 23 Jul 20 11.03am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Bullhorn76

OP has been awfully quiet hasn’t he? His source must be furloughed or something lol

Maybe this sort of comment has stopped him from posting! Personally I liked his posts and as has been stated, nothing is clear cut about transfers. Watch Sunderland til I die documentary. The saga with Niasse as well.
I would like Dazza to return,

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 23 Jul 20 11.36am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Maybe this sort of comment has stopped him from posting! Personally I liked his posts and as has been stated, nothing is clear cut about transfers. Watch Sunderland til I die documentary. The saga with Niasse as well.
I would like Dazza to return,

There are so many going-ons behind the scenes in terms of transfer activity and the 'Picture' can evolve rapidly.
As the saying goes 'There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip'.

When one posts information on HOL and other such sites in good faith, received from trusted "Sources", and the actualite turns out differently one is open to dollops of ordure with accusations of purporting to be "In the know" and all that hogwash.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 23 Jul 20 1.09pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

There are so many going-ons behind the scenes in terms of transfer activity and the 'Picture' can evolve rapidly.
As the saying goes 'There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip'.

When one posts information on HOL and other such sites in good faith, received from trusted "Sources", and the actualite turns out differently one is open to dollops of ordure with accusations of purporting to be "In the know" and all that hogwash.

I wouldn’t worry about it, Willo. Your posts are made in better faith than the nonsense the papers come out with.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 24 Jul 20 10.05am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I have a feeling that we will try and get Bats on loan from Chelsea and maybe Cenk Toscun if he is fit by the end of the September window.

I would be very surprised to see us spending large sums on any player.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 24 Jul 20 10.20am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I have a feeling that we will try and get Bats on loan from Chelsea and maybe Cenk Toscun if he is fit by the end of the September window.

I would be very surprised to see us spending large sums on any player.

In such circumstances I am afraid, we will be relegated. Unlikely Tosun would be back anyway as he has offers from Turkey.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 24 Jul 20 12.14pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

I'm going to try and be positive and hope that at least one of these comes off: [Link]

If we got two of them suddenly things would really start to look more rosy after finally signing a new right-back. Edouard would probably only be here for a season before someone bought him off us, but it would be a massive sign of intent if we got him (however unlikely that is). Eze and Watkins are more realistic targets, especially if Brentford fail to get promoted, but both look quality.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elphers40's Profile Elphers40 Flag Northants 25 Jul 20 9.35am Send a Private Message to Elphers40 Add Elphers40 as a friend

As much as I’d love any of those three - I just don’t see any of them happening. I think they’ll be too expensive - could be more like Maya and if Fulham don’t come up Mitrovic (who I’d be delighted with).
I think there is a danger focusing on the “ageing squad” aspect too much, yes we need to freshen things up and bring the average age down - but quality is key. Cahill for example has been fantastic and if we were focusing on his age most would be saying probably too old.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 25 Jul 20 9.43am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

A couple of 'Loan' deals likely.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davehuggins's Profile davehuggins Flag 25 Jul 20 9.45am Send a Private Message to davehuggins Add davehuggins as a friend

If Wilf goes for a decent fee we will see activity IMO

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 25 Jul 20 9.49am Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by davehuggins

If Wilf goes for a decent fee we will see activity IMO

If/when Wilf goes the money will disappear, spirited away to 'balance the books/comply WITH FFP,' aka give income to shareholders.

Loans and frees again I reckon

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 67 of 78 < 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Signings On The Way