You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Signings On The Way
August 14 2020 3.18am

Signings On The Way

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 69 of 78 < 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View mattteo's Profile mattteo Flag 27 Jul 20 3.21pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

This is a job for matteo.

From the above list Clyne and Niasse used to be good, but without game time in the last years, not anymore.

I wonder if someone like David Silva would come to Palace. How much salary can a Spanish team like Valencia offer him? They pay poorly in Spain comapred to the Premier League. Great player. I can see him playing as deep lying playmaker in his last years, something we haven't had since Cabaye.

Ryan Fraser of course is wanted by many clubs.

Ibe hasn't played in a long time and I don't think Palace needs to gamble with him right now. We need certainty and players who can score and provide assists asap.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 27 Jul 20 3.27pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

From the above list Clyne and Niasse used to be good, but without game time in the last years, not anymore.

I wonder if someone like David Silva would come to Palace. How much salary can a Spanish team like Valencia offer him? They pay poorly in Spain comapred to the Premier League. Great player. I can see him playing as deep lying playmaker in his last years, something we haven't had since Cabaye.

Ryan Fraser of course is wanted by many clubs.

Ibe hasn't played in a long time and I don't think Palace needs to gamble with him right now. We need certainty and players who can score and provide assists asap.

Come to Palace ??? No hope and Bob Hope !!!!
His PL days are over and in all likelihood will be ploughing his furrow in Qatar.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 27 Jul 20 3.54pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

I hadn't picked that up. "Some" means more than one, I assume. Any names?


No names mentioned directly. He simply said that he wants the young players that DF & SP are trying to bring in over the line early because there is a risk that (and I quote)
"a lot of the players who are currently injured may not necessarily have recovered in time to play the opening games"
Interpret that as you will. To me it's the cost of having a small ageing squad who have been asked to play the next lockdown game when they haven't fully recovered from the previous one, allied to the problem that we have few younger options who can do a reasonable job. The board's past failures are coming home to roost, although from the threads on here, it seems that RH is getting the bulk of the flak.

Edited by doombear (27 Jul 2020 3.54pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 28 Jul 20 11.07am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


No names mentioned directly. He simply said that he wants the young players that DF & SP are trying to bring in over the line early because there is a risk that (and I quote)
"a lot of the players who are currently injured may not necessarily have recovered in time to play the opening games"
Interpret that as you will. To me it's the cost of having a small ageing squad who have been asked to play the next lockdown game when they haven't fully recovered from the previous one, allied to the problem that we have few younger options who can do a reasonable job. The board's past failures are coming home to roost, although from the threads on here, it seems that RH is getting the bulk of the flak.

Edited by doombear (27 Jul 2020 3.54pm)

I too blame the Board, but there are also the small matters of training regimes, playing the same players in every match, not wanting to try any younger players unless have to and showing a preference toward older players on purchases which are the responsibility of the manager which is what I believe are the issues many fans have.

Jimmy Mc was probably our best all round player first half of the season. Second half he was looking increasingly knackered because he hardly ever got rested and yet midfield is where we have most choice for similar style players.

It's not all Roy's fault but as manager the buck stops with him for everything other than the availability of money for purchases.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 28 Jul 20 11.29am Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Should be going all out for Eze and Fraser but we'll end up with Ibe and some aged CM noone else wants.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HerneBayPalace's Profile HerneBayPalace Flag Herne Bay 28 Jul 20 11.36am Send a Private Message to HerneBayPalace Add HerneBayPalace as a friend

The infamous ExWHUemployee has said he 'believes' Palace have agreed a deal for Eze.

That only means one thing.... he will join West Ham.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 28 Jul 20 11.47am Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by HerneBayPalace

The infamous ExWHUemployee has said he 'believes' Palace have agreed a deal for Eze.

That only means one thing.... he will join West Ham.

Probably correct as , Roy has stated his requirements of experience to ensure we have the oldest,if not the oddest squad in the history of the game,as we pursue our frees and loan signings.
Our only brief is to stay up at all costs,remember!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bullhorn76's Profile Bullhorn76 Flag Darlington 28 Jul 20 12.49pm Send a Private Message to Bullhorn76 Add Bullhorn76 as a friend

Originally posted by HerneBayPalace

The infamous ExWHUemployee has said he 'believes' Palace have agreed a deal for Eze.

That only means one thing.... he will join West Ham.

just to note that Clinton Morrison was heard on sky sports saying that he thinks eze will do well at West Ham next season , not palace not another club but West Ham!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 28 Jul 20 1.56pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by HerneBayPalace

The infamous ExWHUemployee has said he 'believes' Palace have agreed a deal for Eze.

That only means one thing.... he will join West Ham.

Apparently WH owe over 54m on previous transfers and need to sell. Had they been relegated they would, by all accounts, have been f***ed, hence Souchek and Bowen were brought in during January

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 28 Jul 20 2.02pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Apparently WH owe over 54m on previous transfers and need to sell. Had they been relegated they would, by all accounts, have been f***ed, hence Souchek and Bowen were brought in during January

Soucek was brought in on 'Loan' for a loan fee of 4 Mill with an option to buy.They have just signed him for 15 Mill but this might include the loan fee.
Bowen was signed for 20 Mill.

W.Ham's 'Net spend' over the last 2 seasons has been about 140 Mill.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 28 Jul 20 2.15pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Come to Palace ??? No hope and Bob Hope !!!!
His PL days are over and in all likelihood will be ploughing his furrow in Qatar.

I think he said a while ago that he is joining his home town club in Spain.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Flag 28 Jul 20 3.53pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Come to Palace ??? No hope and Bob Hope !!!!
His PL days are over and in all likelihood will be ploughing his furrow in Qatar.

Why do you say that?? The difference of pace between David Silva and the likes of Ozil, Dele Alli, Ericksen, Matic, Milivojevic, Shelvey, Mooy is still enormous even though he is 32 years old.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 69 of 78 < 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Signings On The Way