You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Boycott Season Ticket Sales
April 2 2020 1.18pm

Boycott Season Ticket Sales

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 07 Jan 20 8.26pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

That's good - giving other clubs your money at a time where ( apparently ) there is none in ours !

I totally understand how you feel though.

But it's the players that wear the shirt that I go to give my backing to. And our manager. Not Parish, the owners, Bright, Freedman and all the other one's that are seemingly failing behind the scenes.


I know what you mean but players rarely give much of a damn about the club they play for. There will be the odd exception and club legend but by and large they are employees. Once they leave the club most of them won't remain emotionally attached to it.

For me, supporting Palace is about having an attachment to an area and/or a supporter base in some way.

The fact that Parish and co do have an attachment and saved the club does mean something.


Edited by Stirlingsays (07 Jan 2020 8.27pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 07 Jan 20 8.50pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

It depends upon what you see as the priority

To me that would be staying in the Premier League first, growing the academy second and upgrading the ground third. Once that is done then we can work on getting into Europe, hopefully using the academy players that come through.

We are aiming to build a £20m Academy and are working on planning permission.

We have plans in place to build the stadium when we finally get all our ducks in a row.

We are holding our own in the league.

Seems like the master plan is in place.

To me attending football has never been about instant gratification. It's about striving with the community to build something of which we can all be proud

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 07 Jan 20 8.56pm Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

I donít see anything changing thatís my issue. Would like to see some young talent coming through or into the club. The honest truth is that without Wilf we have absolutely no goal threat. We may be 9th in the division, but without Guiata we would be right in the mix at the bottom. Something needs to change otherwise I can see us going the way of Charlton, Sunderland or Stoke. Maybe not this year, but without replacing older players next year will be tougher. Just a crumb of ambition would be nice to see.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thechaddyboy's Profile thechaddyboy Flag Peterborough 07 Jan 20 9.04pm Send a Private Message to thechaddyboy Add thechaddyboy as a friend

Well unless a miracle happens & the Yanks open their cheque book we'll more than likely have to weather this storm until someone comes in & buys them out, can't really blame Parish on this to be fair, he may steer the ship but he needs the others to put their hands in their pockets which they don't seem keen on.

 


Red & Blue since 73'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 07 Jan 20 9.13pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I guess Burnley and Wolves getting into Europe and Leicester winning the title and challenging this year off the top of my head.

Exactly. Theyíre the only three I could think of too. Season upon season we are punching above our weight yet itís not good enough for some.

Iíll list a few clubs of our size, how are these currently fairing? Watford, Norwich, Brighton, West Brom, Swansea, Fulham, Cardiff, Middlesborough, Derby, Charlton, Stoke, Coventry, Ipswich.

How about these bigger clubs? Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa, Forest, Wednesday, Sunderland. Iím sure all the above mentioned clubs would love to be where we are right now.

There isnít one club smaller than us currently ahead of us in the football pyramid. Put that into perspective.

Weíre not perfect, we have unbalanced books and the stadium needs some development. Almost exactly 10 years ago we were at the point of extinction. Playing staff to keep us in the league comes before new bogs and better facilities for fans. It will be corrected once we sort out our wage structure.

If youíre not happy now, I donít youíll be around when we eventually sink back to mid table in the Championship which where a club of our size should be.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Online Flag Croydon 07 Jan 20 9.26pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

At least there's the Singing Section, that's progress!


Itíll be progress when we get a swinging section

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 07 Jan 20 9.39pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

It depends upon what you see as the priority

To me that would be staying in the Premier League first, growing the academy second and upgrading the ground third. Once that is done then we can work on getting into Europe, hopefully using the academy players that come through.

We are aiming to build a £20m Academy and are working on planning permission.

We have plans in place to build the stadium when we finally get all our ducks in a row.

We are holding our own in the league.

Seems like the master plan is in place.

To me attending football has never been about instant gratification. It's about striving with the community to build something of which we can all be proud

Yep the good old instant gratification ticket. Only been in existence since 1905 & never won f*** all of note. Now we aren't going to be winning that Premier League title any time soon, but would it be asking to much to at least have a decent f***ing go at winning either the League or FA Cup?

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 07 Jan 20 9.45pm Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

Exactly. Theyíre the only three I could think of too. Season upon season we are punching above our weight yet itís not good enough for some.

Iíll list a few clubs of our size, how are these currently fairing? Watford, Norwich, Brighton, West Brom, Swansea, Fulham, Cardiff, Middlesborough, Derby, Charlton, Stoke, Coventry, Ipswich.

How about these bigger clubs? Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa, Forest, Wednesday, Sunderland. Iím sure all the above mentioned clubs would love to be where we are right now.

There isnít one club smaller than us currently ahead of us in the football pyramid. Put that into perspective.

Weíre not perfect, we have unbalanced books and the stadium needs some development. Almost exactly 10 years ago we were at the point of extinction. Playing staff to keep us in the league comes before new bogs and better facilities for fans. It will be corrected once we sort out our wage structure.

If youíre not happy now, I donít youíll be around when we eventually sink back to mid table in the Championship which where a club of our size should be.

This is exactly the type of mentality which prevents the club moving forward. Acceptance of mediocrity.

Wilf wants to leave for exactly the same reasons Ian Wright wanted to leave about 25 years ago. Lack of investment and lack of ambition.

We're exactly where we were back then, and the same outcome is coming.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 07 Jan 20 9.52pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

This is exactly the type of mentality which prevents the club moving forward. Acceptance of mediocrity.

Wilf wants to leave for exactly the same reasons Ian Wright wanted to leave about 25 years ago. Lack of investment and lack of ambition.

We're exactly where we were back then, and the same outcome is coming.

9th in the Premier League is not mediocrity. Itís sensational for our club. How do you suggest we compete with the likes of Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea? Leicester are the only ones to have done it. Apart from Wolves, weíre the best of the rest.

People are not realistic. Wilf wants to leave because he wants to compete for trophies and is a big fish in a small pond. We will never be a big pond unless we sell our soul to a billionaire. Thatís not for me.

Paying £100k+ a week salaries and spending £27m+ (Sakho and Benteke) is not acceptence of mediocrity from the bod either.

Edited by Goal Machine (07 Jan 2020 9.54pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 07 Jan 20 10.22pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

9th in the Premier League is not mediocrity. Itís sensational for our club. How do you suggest we compete with the likes of Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea? Leicester are the only ones to have done it. Apart from Wolves, weíre the best of the rest.

People are not realistic. Wilf wants to leave because he wants to compete for trophies and is a big fish in a small pond. We will never be a big pond unless we sell our soul to a billionaire. Thatís not for me.

Paying £100k+ a week salaries and spending £27m+ (Sakho and Benteke) is not acceptence of mediocrity from the bod either.

Edited by Goal Machine (07 Jan 2020 9.54pm)

We are all frustrated at the state of things in the club. Understandable. Ultimately, it's about perspective. When I first started supporting Palace in the 70s, simply reaching the top division was the dream, and when we were struggling in the old third division (League 1 for you newbees) the dream was a distant fantasy.

fast forward over forty years and we are enjoying our most successful period in our history, seven consecutive top league years (and counting hopefully) including a cup final appearance in which we fell agonisingly short. If you'd offered me that 45 years ago, I'd bitten your hand off.

We get to see some of the best players on the planet coming to Selhurst.Let's try and enjpy what we have whilst we have it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 07 Jan 20 10.42pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

Exactly. Theyíre the only three I could think of too. Season upon season we are punching above our weight yet itís not good enough for some.

Iíll list a few clubs of our size, how are these currently fairing? Watford, Norwich, Brighton, West Brom, Swansea, Fulham, Cardiff, Middlesborough, Derby, Charlton, Stoke, Coventry, Ipswich.

How about these bigger clubs? Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa, Forest, Wednesday, Sunderland. Iím sure all the above mentioned clubs would love to be where we are right now.

There isnít one club smaller than us currently ahead of us in the football pyramid. Put that into perspective.

Weíre not perfect, we have unbalanced books and the stadium needs some development. Almost exactly 10 years ago we were at the point of extinction. Playing staff to keep us in the league comes before new bogs and better facilities for fans. It will be corrected once we sort out our wage structure.

If youíre not happy now, I donít youíll be around when we eventually sink back to mid table in the Championship which where a club of our size should be.

Excellent post.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 07 Jan 20 10.44pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

We are all frustrated at the state of things in the club. Understandable. Ultimately, it's about perspective. When I first started supporting Palace in the 70s, simply reaching the top division was the dream, and when we were struggling in the old third division (League 1 for you newbees) the dream was a distant fantasy.

fast forward over forty years and we are enjoying our most successful period in our history, seven consecutive top league years (and counting hopefully) including a cup final appearance in which we fell agonisingly short. If you'd offered me that 45 years ago, I'd bitten your hand off.

We get to see some of the best players on the planet coming to Selhurst.Let's try and enjpy what we have whilst we have it.

Another excellent post.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Boycott Season Ticket Sales