You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus
June 2 2020 10.34am

Coronavirus

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 112 of 480 < 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 28 Mar 20 11.18am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by ex hibitionist

stirling dear boy there was a clear cause and effect of lack of hygiene being derived from being either Asian or Islamic in your argument, that's what you were being called out for, more interestingly you stated recently that all nations ere ultimately ethnocentric, that's how they start off yes but I'd say they move to being lingo-centric, that's why the celtic fringe are so protective of the languages they mainly don't speak any more, you seem to think more in terms of anglo saxon genes, which is a point of view, not mine, mind, can a make a plea for less silly aggression

It's your view that you are free to express.

There is nothing wrong with referring to the cultural practices of groups. Those that wish to equate that to racism are really looking to censor speech. Where does that end? Yet the same poster stated something quite horrible about Christians....which is his hypocritical right.

A culture isn't a race....You have Muslims of every race. We even get leftist posters on here claiming that race doesn't exist. Opinions are the freeway of political forums. The censors would essentially limit that freeway.

No one on here said that all Muslims behave in a set way. Of course dishonest people want to portray that because they want to close you down.

Hopefully we soon get clear direction.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 28 Mar 20 11.29am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

It's your view that you are free to express.

There is nothing wrong with referring to the cultural practices of groups. Those that wish to equate that to racism are really looking to censor speech. Where does that end? Yet the same poster stated something quite horrible about Christians....which is his hypocritical right.

A culture isn't a race....You have Muslims of every race. We even get leftist posters on here claiming that race doesn't exist. Opinions are the freeway of political forums. The censors would essentially limit that freeway.

No one on here said that all Muslims behave in a set way. Of course dishonest people want to portray that because they want to close you down.

Hopefully we soon get clear direction.

your attacking of the muslim community is very confusing for the leftist Gay community.

and even more confusing for the secular community.

i have a headache.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 28 Mar 20 11.33am Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

in seriousness I don't think it's an attempt to censor speech, it's more that people draw too far back from considering a possibly unpalatable truth, but the reason is not just that they're in denial, there is a danger you can put the cart before the horse and start generalising - there is no singular muslim community which tends towards multi generational living and absence of toilet paper, this is nonsense, saying Bangldeshi communities in east London may be more multi generational and herald from a country with differing standards of sanitation is quite another and the particular and the general should not be confused, there is a danger there which many are more wary of than you may be - but we shouldn't all be putting so much importance on our opinions, and the mods have been very discreet with one or two dodgy posts on here, not of yours btw, one poster generalised abominably and other made a f*ckwit remark about after shave - couldn't reasonably argue with some intervention.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 28 Mar 20 11.44am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by ex hibitionist

in seriousness I don't think it's an attempt to censor speech, it's more that people draw too far back from considering a possibly unpalatable truth, but the reason is not just that they're in denial, there is a danger you can put the cart before the horse and start generalising - there is no singular muslim community which tends towards multi generational living and absence of toilet paper, this is nonsense, saying Bangldeshi communities in east London may be more multi generational and herald from a country with differing standards of sanitation is quite another and the particular and the general should not be confused, there is a danger there which many are more wary of than you may be - but we shouldn't all be putting so much importance on our opinions, and the mods have been very discreet with one or two dodgy posts on here, not of yours btw, one poster generalised abominably and other made a f*ckwit remark about after shave - couldn't reasonably argue with some intervention.

Argumentation along these points is part of what we do.

I agree with a lot of what you say. I think if a post is too spicy then deleting that post is an option. I've had the odd post deleted in the past and while it's annoying it's the site's and mod's right.

I'd agree with you that this should be pretty rare as it's a hammer that, in the wrong hands, hits down with increasing frequency.

This comes down to a site's attitude towards free speech and I hold nothing personal towards individuals...well mods anyway. However, with recent actions and mod comments If this is how Hol is going to interpret it's rules now I need to know because it won't be for me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 28 Mar 20 11.58am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

your attacking of the muslim community is very confusing for the leftist Gay community.

and even more confusing for the secular community.

i have a headache.

I have lots of issues with Islam, I also criticise other religions as I do secularism.

Individual Muslims are individuals and I've always treated someone how I find them. Everyone deserves that right.

However, the idea that you can't express an opinion on holistic matters is not a censorship I think is either consistent nor tenable. We have had Wisbech Eagle and others on here talking on absolute and negative terms on what they consider the 'far right' with no nuance at all...Others, in the past, were using 'gammon' slurs...I didn't see any mod issue with that.

I and others weren't on here claiming that they shouldn't be able to express that view.

Edited by Stirlingsays (28 Mar 2020 12.03pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 28 Mar 20 12.13pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by ex hibitionist

and other made a f*ckwit remark about after shave - couldn't reasonably argue with some intervention.

The ‘remark‘ I made, as you put it, can be taken however you want, and I know who’s taken it as a racist ‘remark.’ I made that comment in the same fashion I would taking the michael out of any type or worker/profession from any demographic.

You could actually read it as taking the Michael out of anyone saying Muslims’ hygiene is THE problem for them with the virus, although it could be A factor.

Anyone’s poor hygiene is an issue, including the gobby to co-op staff (white) tw@t last week who openly coughed everywhere before telling the young lad behind the tills he should be wearing latex gloves. Include builders who flush the petrol station toilet and leave it and their last night dinner stench straight after without hand washing, following being in there for a long time.

What do you think I think when I read your paragraphs that resemble a maze at Hampton Court?

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 28 Mar 20 12.13pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

In all seriousness I reckon daily and multiple prayer sessions to a non existent fictional figure is a likely venue where this is spread and possibly how young Muslim men hang about in groups. Then the inter generational homes ensure the elderly get the virus anyone younger is carrying.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 28 Mar 20 12.16pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

this site is turning into the BBS.

Locking free speech whenever it is not in keeping with the BBC propaganda.

how many lefty threads have been locked on 'News & politics' in the last 12 months ? none as far as i can see.


And looking at the last few months or Locked Threads.......what flavour of thread, and who has been doing all the locking ?

I disagree, this site is turning into the soap box for about 4 or 5 people to spread their political views (some of it crude, some of it hateful, some of it spiteful, a lot of it antagonistic and some of it downright racist) without suppression. Anyone who contradicts is shot down. Anyone with an alternative view is shot down. I’ve had my spats with ME but he is right, some posters really need to wind their necks in a bit. This is first and foremost a Palace website with threads on alternative subjects, not a platform for world supremacy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 28 Mar 20 12.23pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

I disagree, this site is turning into the soap box for about 4 or 5 people to spread their political views (some of it crude, some of it hateful, some of it spiteful, a lot of it antagonistic and some of it downright racist) without suppression. Anyone who contradicts is shot down. Anyone with an alternative view is shot down. I’ve had my spats with ME but he is right, some posters really need to wind their necks in a bit. This is first and foremost a Palace website with threads on alternative subjects, not a platform for world supremacy.

Many or all on here are in favour of a meritocratic system so I have no idea what you refer to as ‘world supremacy.’ Forget different rules, favouritism or positive discrimination. Just meritocracy please.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 28 Mar 20 12.34pm Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

In all seriousness I reckon daily and multiple prayer sessions to a non existent fictional figure is a likely venue where this is spread and possibly how young Muslim men hang about in groups. Then the inter generational homes ensure the elderly get the virus anyone younger is carrying.

you could be referring to the Queen and the archbishop of Canterbury, or cliff richard

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 28 Mar 20 12.42pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by ex hibitionist

you could be referring to the Queen and the archbishop of Canterbury, or cliff richard

I’ve never seen mass prayer gatherings several times a day for Christians or more than a couple of times a year for the Queen that won’t be happening. I don’t know about Cliff Richard. Maybe you have experience of Cliff Richard parties.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 28 Mar 20 12.55pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

I disagree, this site is turning into the soap box for about 4 or 5 people to spread their political views (some of it crude, some of it hateful, some of it spiteful, a lot of it antagonistic and some of it downright racist) without suppression. Anyone who contradicts is shot down. Anyone with an alternative view is shot down. I’ve had my spats with ME but he is right, some posters really need to wind their necks in a bit. This is first and foremost a Palace website with threads on alternative subjects, not a platform for world supremacy.

So you aren't expressing your views? No one appears to be stopping you.
It does amuse me when people of a certain disposition complain about others expressing their views and shouting other people down when they would be the first to shut down any debate and ban the people who disagree with them.

And what on earth is this stuff about 'world supremacy'?
Are you taking hallucinogens?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 112 of 480 < 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus