You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Players to offload (if we can) in the summer.
June 1 2020 2.41am

Players to offload (if we can) in the summer.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 09 Mar 20 11.15am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Johng

Nobody has said they hate anybody. These are the weekly wages for the following. Are they really providing value for money. These salaries are a massive drain on the club's finances.

Max Meyer £125,000
Christian Benteke £120,000
Mamadou Sakho £100,000

Max Meyer's alleged wages have been brought up quite a few times as no-one seems to know where this figure has come from. My understanding is that it's about half of what you quoted.

Benteke has had his contract renewed but no-one knows on what terms

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dannyh.V2's Profile Dannyh.V2 Flag Stone lickers 09 Mar 20 11.18am Send a Private Message to Dannyh.V2 Add Dannyh.V2 as a friend

Luka needs to pull his head out of his arse or I would let him go. McArthy for me is a future Captain along with Cahill.

Benteke I have been Benheskey's greatest detractor for all but his last two games. Something has changed in the way Roy plays him, and he is without douby improved now the weight is off him to score. There is a very promising partnership developing with him and Ayew. Much like Bright and wright ( not as dynamic but you get the point ?) for that reason alone he has to stay IMO.

Meyer needs to be the attacking midfielder in a 451 or 442 Roy plays neither so we will never see the best of him which is a shame as he is technically one of our best players. It's a shame but square peg in a round hole so he's got to go I think.

Sakho has struggled with Injury this season, and reminds me a bit of when we Had Anthony Gardener From Spurs, on his day looks like a world beater but always has that one moment in a game where you think how the fcuk is he a professional footballer. His age is an issue as well plus wages, if it's a toss up between him and Tomkins I would keep Tomkins, with Dann doing OK and Kelly able to Cover at Center Back I think Sakho is an expense we can't carry.

Hennessy needs game time elsewhere, Guita has shown just how poor Hennesey actually is. I was never a fan of Hennesey two slow, and for a gurt big lump sh1t at commanding his area. We need better cover for G man.

Wilf - Wouldn't be to certain he will leave to be honest. His performances and goal return do not warrant the fee Parish is after, can you honestly see anyone offering the 70 million we're after ? I would say Adama Traore from Wolves, and Allan Saint-Maximin have probably gone ahead of Wilf in the Bigger clubs "would like to have" lists, and have arguably had better seasons. However the Chelsea deal with Bats coming our way is apparently a done deal so who the feck Knows.

Sorloth - Don't care how many goals he's scored in Turkey, it's a tin pot league and he was absolutely out of his depth in the prem. Championship player at best. Vent.

Wickham - Made of glass and not tearing up tree's with Wednesday get rid.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 09 Mar 20 11.20am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Max Meyer's alleged wages have been brought up quite a few times as no-one seems to know where this figure has come from. My understanding is that it's about half of what you quoted.

Benteke has had his contract renewed but no-one knows on what terms

some of It comes from a website called Spotrac, it quotes various sport stars salaries, whether true or not.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 09 Mar 20 11.20am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Max Meyer's alleged wages have been brought up quite a few times as no-one seems to know where this figure has come from. My understanding is that it's about half of what you quoted.

Benteke has had his contract renewed but no-one knows on what terms

This is my understanding as well.
Perhaps we have the same reliable sources!!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 09 Mar 20 11.29am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Dannyh.V2

Luka needs to pull his head out of his arse or I would let him go. McArthy for me is a future Captain along with Cahill.

Benteke I have been Benheskey's greatest detractor for all but his last two games. Something has changed in the way Roy plays him, and he is without douby improved now the weight is off him to score. There is a very promising partnership developing with him and Ayew. Much like Bright and wright ( not as dynamic but you get the point ?) for that reason alone he has to stay IMO.

Meyer needs to be the attacking midfielder in a 451 or 442 Roy plays neither so we will never see the best of him which is a shame as he is technically one of our best players. It's a shame but square peg in a round hole so he's got to go I think.

Sakho has struggled with Injury this season, and reminds me a bit of when we Had Anthony Gardener From Spurs, on his day looks like a world beater but always has that one moment in a game where you think how the fcuk is he a professional footballer. His age is an issue as well plus wages, if it's a toss up between him and Tomkins I would keep Tomkins, with Dann doing OK and Kelly able to Cover at Center Back I think Sakho is an expense we can't carry.

Hennessy needs game time elsewhere, Guita has shown just how poor Hennesey actually is. I was never a fan of Hennesey two slow, and for a gurt big lump sh1t at commanding his area. We need better cover for G man.

Wilf - Wouldn't be to certain he will leave to be honest. His performances and goal return do not warrant the fee Parish is after, can you honestly see anyone offering the 70 million we're after ? I would say Adama Traore from Wolves, and Allan Saint-Maximin have probably gone ahead of Wilf in the Bigger clubs "would like to have" lists, and have arguably had better seasons. However the Chelsea deal with Bats coming our way is apparently a done deal so who the feck Knows.

Sorloth - Don't care how many goals he's scored in Turkey, it's a tin pot league and he was absolutely out of his depth in the prem. Championship player at best. Vent.

Wickham - Made of glass and not tearing up tree's with Wednesday get rid.

Top post. I agree with almost all of what you said but I still think Wilf is a better player than Saint- Maximim and I wouldn't swap Wilf for him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 09 Mar 20 11.33am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Johng


Only one person on here that's a miserable sod pal and it ain't me. If you don't like the discussion, don't get involved. Simple.

My post was all in jest Johng and not refering to you in this instance and not even refering to the discussion you started, it was more about the over all negativity of a lot of people on here.

I think it is a worthwhile discussion because we do need to get rid of a couple of players. Meyer woukld be top of my list as he is never going to fit into our team or system. Sakho on the other hand has shown how good he can be.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 09 Mar 20 11.59am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

For me the jury is out on Bentenke. If he can play like has in the last few games then he is worth keeping around for one more year. Sakho just seems unable to stay fit and so I would reluctantly listen to offers given his age. Personally I think if Meyer is happy to stay then I can still see him having a future at the club, but he may not have that patience now that Roy will be with us for another year. Luka looked better in 20 minutes on Saturday than he has looked for a long time, so maybe he just needed a break and some competition to shake the cobwebs off. He is still probably the best long passer of the ball and on his day is probably our best central midfielder. Like a number of players it's all about whether he can get back to his old self. A year ago most of us would have happily accepted Riedewald leaving, but now many of us want him to get more of a chance. Like Meyer it may all come down to patience. Wayne is fine as number two. We're too small a club to attract a better GK to sit on the bench in my opinion.

To be honest, there is no one I'd be happy to see leave, especially given how small our squad is. A big factor will be who we bring in.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 09 Mar 20 12.29pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

This is my understanding as well.
Perhaps we have the same reliable sources!!!!

There was some talk that the 125.000 included the signing on fee, so if the 75.000 a week is correct and the signing fee is added that would make a signing on fee of about 6.5 million, I don't know if that is a realistic amount for that theory

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag 09 Mar 20 4.02pm Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by Johng

Nobody has said they hate anybody. These are the weekly wages for the following. Are they really providing value for money. These salaries are a massive drain on the club's finances.

Max Meyer £125,000
Christian Benteke £120,000
Mamadou Sakho £100,000

Edited by Johng (09 Mar 2020 10.54am)

they are not providing VFM (i would include Wilf and his 130k in that list too)
BUT it is their high wages which will prevent any bids being received.
Firstly another club will need to match that salary and few will and secondly we can't force the player out. Meyer and Sakho have 1 year left on their contracts - both will see these out and then leave for German and French club respectively on lower wages.

With our high wages and ageing squad it will take 2 years or so to make significant changes. It doesn't help when SP gives Wickham, Takkers and Tomkins early new contracts too. Why not wait a little??

This end of season i can see Dann being released but there are not many others out of contract.

Edited by palace99 (09 Mar 2020 4.03pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View A1969Eagle's Profile A1969Eagle Flag Redhill 09 Mar 20 4.29pm Send a Private Message to A1969Eagle Add A1969Eagle as a friend

well said, I always stood up for Ayew as I do for benteke, its just about reading the players, being with a coach like mind and think what can we do to improve this player. Ayew admitted hes given a free reign, how many saw he was playing almost right back in first half, if was so the watford defender was unsure when to pick him up...


Originally posted by Fatherken

here we go again
same names from the haters of certain payers
last season when a thread like this came up most people wanted to get rid of Ayew , when we got him back most people wondered what he hell we were doing ,now most people think he is a great player .
funny old game
lets leave to Roy he knows what he is doing

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 09 Mar 20 4.58pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by A1969Eagle

well said, I always stood up for Ayew as I do for benteke, its just about reading the players, being with a coach like mind and think what can we do to improve this player. Ayew admitted hes given a free reign, how many saw he was playing almost right back in first half, if was so the watford defender was unsure when to pick him up...

Ayew has admitted he was overweight last season and that's why he wasn't great (which he wasn't). Bentenke would need to score 25 goals next season or be an assist machine of de Bruyne levels to make his cost seem even close to good value; nevertheless, I have always maintained there is a good player still in there but I don't think you can blame the coaches that this player has been unable to show himself for the best part of two years. On Peter Crouch's podcast he talked about how Pulis only really coached the defensive part of the game and essentially left the creative players to do their thing. You get the feeling this is probably also true of Roy to an extent.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 09 Mar 20 8.17pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

Originally posted by Johng

I'd be interested to see what people think on this subject.

For me it would be.

Benteke (form and wages)
Sakho (fitness/injuries and wages)
Meyer (won't play enough/lightweight for prem and wages)
Luka (past his best)
Hennessey (liability/little confidence in him. A young hungry option preferred).

Oh and Wilf, of course (he's going anyway)

Edited by Johng (08 Mar 2020 10.49pm)

I’d keep Luka for the time being (unless Everton want to offer us £20 Million again) but I agree with you about the rest.

Too much money being paid in wages to keep persevering with Benteke, Sakho & Meyer and Hennessey just not good enough and I too would take an up and coming youngster like MUFC have unearthed with Dean Henderson.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Players to offload (if we can) in the summer.