You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Players' wages
June 1 2020 5.38pm

Players' wages

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 20 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 21 Apr 20 1.17pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Slimey Toad

Apparently he doesn't want to be rushed into a decision which will leave him with £306,000 a week as his agent hasn't yet grasped 'the financial implications of it'.

Very sensible as this will leave the NHS £24,000 a week worse off.

Edited by Slimey Toad (21 Apr 2020 12.36pm)

We must applaud him and all like him.

Alternatively he could write a cheque or wire money to the NHS equal to the tax lost. Knowing Ozil heís probably injured his fingers (playing FIFA)

Edited by Rudi Hedman (21 Apr 2020 1.36pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 22 Apr 20 7.48am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Interesting article about the potential new Saudi owners of Newcastle. Bein are based in Qatar who are enemies of the Saudi's so have a vested interest in seeing the deal fail.

Amnesty Internation are pointing out the numerous human rights violations perpetrated by the Saudi Government that must count for something as a fit and proper owner test?

However if all else fails the PL should look at their own financial self interest which I why I have posted on this thread.

Saudi Arabia has been illegally broadcasting PL football for years and is quite brazen about it. I would have though the PL would have said no to the deal unless this issue is resolved and the lost revenues refunded.

I won't be holding my breath.

[Link]

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 22 Apr 20 8.16am Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by Slimey Toad

Apparently he doesn't want to be rushed into a decision which will leave him with £306,000 a week as his agent hasn't yet grasped 'the financial implications of it'.

Very sensible as this will leave the NHS £24,000 a week worse off.

Edited by Slimey Toad (21 Apr 2020 12.36pm)

The owner of Arsenal is worth $10bn.
Arsenal made £56.5m in profit last year.
So I think itís fair enough to question why anyone there should take a pay cut.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 22 Apr 20 8.50am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

The owner of Arsenal is worth bn.
Arsenal made £56.5m in profit last year.
So I think itís fair enough to question why anyone there should take a pay cut.

The net worth of an owner in previous business is irrelevant. Itís whether the club can cover and operate. The Arsenal profit is a fair comment although it could be that profit is planned for Arsenalís rebuild. Not exactly where theyíre used to being in the league, are they. Again, that was all important to players (well debatable with Arsenal players seeing as tricks on YouTube videos look more important to them) but the squad and their team and club being a challenge comes after their wallets now.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 22 Apr 20 2.56pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

The net worth of an owner in previous business is irrelevant. Itís whether the club can cover and operate. The Arsenal profit is a fair comment although it could be that profit is planned for Arsenalís rebuild. Not exactly where theyíre used to being in the league, are they. Again, that was all important to players (well debatable with Arsenal players seeing as tricks on YouTube videos look more important to them) but the squad and their team and club being a challenge comes after their wallets now.

So the owners can take out money in the good times but the players should pony up in the bad times?

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 22 Apr 20 3.26pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

So the owners can take out money in the good times but the players should pony up in the bad times?

And yet the players at Arsenal fake it in whatever, and however shyte they are and have been.

Iíll keep the obvious take it in typo in there. Seen enough of them on tEle to see theyíve been an embarrassment.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EagleinSF's Profile EagleinSF Flag San Fransisco 22 Apr 20 3.38pm Send a Private Message to EagleinSF Add EagleinSF as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

So the owners can take out money in the good times but the players should pony up in the bad times?

So if you're not doing your job do you get paid? I don't. And I certainly don't get 350k per week plus bonuses, plus sponsorship, plus whatever else.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 22 Apr 20 6.40pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

And yet the players at Arsenal fake it in whatever, and however shyte they are and have been.

Iíll keep the obvious take it in typo in there. Seen enough of them on tEle to see theyíve been an embarrassment.

I feel youíre mixing up lots of arguments, I agree with you on many of them:
Arsenal have been poor this season - yes
Footballers are paid too much - yes
Anyone employed by a multi billionaire owned highly profitable business should offer up a voluntary pay cut - no

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 22 Apr 20 6.43pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by EagleinSF

So if you're not doing your job do you get paid? I don't. And I certainly don't get 350k per week plus bonuses, plus sponsorship, plus whatever else.

The main part of their job is to play all the required football games. If that doesnít happen Iím sure there will be negotiations on pay. Until thatís known it seems a bit early to make a call.

In any case, the reductions being mooted are 10-20% which is unlikely to appease anyone using coronavirus as a stick to beat overpaid players with.

I donít disagree many are overpaid

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 22 Apr 20 7.10pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

I feel youíre mixing up lots of arguments, I agree with you on many of them:
Arsenal have been poor this season - yes
Footballers are paid too much - yes
Anyone employed by a multi billionaire owned highly profitable business should offer up a voluntary pay cut - no

The effects of that will not be positive for Arsenalís results and will make the incentives even more laughable than they are now. The executives at Arsenal have taken a 30% pay cut. The directors, players and owner have all done well out of Arsenal and now the players think either the owner or club should absorb their huge pay when revenue is going to be much lower. It just proves they live in a fantasy.

That club (fans) are going to be bled dry by anybody who can get away with it. It can happen to any club. Even Man U lol.


Edited by Rudi Hedman (22 Apr 2020 8.11pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 22 Apr 20 10.15pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

The effects of that will not be positive for Arsenalís results and will make the incentives even more laughable than they are now. The executives at Arsenal have taken a 30% pay cut. The directors, players and owner have all done well out of Arsenal and now the players think either the owner or club should absorb their huge pay when revenue is going to be much lower. It just proves they live in a fantasy.

That club (fans) are going to be bled dry by anybody who can get away with it. It can happen to any club. Even Man U lol.


Edited by Rudi Hedman (22 Apr 2020 8.11pm)

Players have only an interest about themselves, the majority couldn't careless about the clubs that pay their wages.
I remember the Padovano affair, how he was quite happy to send us into bankruptcy as long as he got his wages, he had only played 12 games for us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 23 Apr 20 11.16am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Thereís medics stating that social distancing will have to continue until a vaccine is found. Thatís might be just discovered, not in produce and circulation.

With the possibility of social distancing up to Christmas we could see footballers being paid full wages for 8-9 months or more (the length of a full season). I really hope not, but I wonder if people will still think they shouldnít take a pay cut.

The premier leagueís statement was, ĎíWe will only restart when medical guidance allowsí.

Originally I thought squads could practice social distancing apart from training and playing football for a few weeks but I realise that isnít likely to be adhered to even for a short time.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 20 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Players' wages