You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Players' wages
June 5 2020 10.34am

Players' wages

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 17 of 20 < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 27 Apr 20 9.41am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Widely reported that Everton player Moise Kean broke lockdown and had a party with some pretty dubious individuals.

Didn't we try to sign him? Well we dodged a bullet there he's not been scoring goals and apparently his personal behaviour has not won him many fans at the club e.g. late for training.

So plays for Everton doesn't score goals and he's a trouble maker I expect he will be our first signing of the new window.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 27 Apr 20 10.01am Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Widely reported that Everton player Moise Kean broke lockdown and had a party with some pretty dubious individuals.

Didn't we try to sign him? Well we dodged a bullet there he's not been scoring goals and apparently his personal behaviour has not won him many fans at the club e.g. late for training.

So plays for Everton doesn't score goals and he's a trouble maker I expect he will be our first signing of the new window.

I'm not sure we were ever in for him but it was certainly viewed as a 'coup' when Everton signed him. Proof that some footballers have too much money and too few brain cells. Thank goodness we splashed the cash on King Jordan Ayew instead

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Slimey Toad's Profile Slimey Toad Flag Karsiyaka, North Cyprus 27 Apr 20 11.41am Send a Private Message to Slimey Toad Add Slimey Toad as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Widely reported that Everton player Moise Kean broke lockdown and had a party with some pretty dubious individuals.

Didn't we try to sign him? Well we dodged a bullet there he's not been scoring goals and apparently his personal behaviour has not won him many fans at the club e.g. late for training.

So plays for Everton doesn't score goals and he's a trouble maker I expect he will be our first signing of the new window.

The trouble is, and I'm afraid this is judgemental, the average PL player (certainly home grown ones) are not too sophisticated in their down time. So once you've ran out of X Box/Play Station games and bored with sending inane videos on Snapchat you just have to jump in the 4X4 and surprise your Bezzie.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 27 Apr 20 12.06pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Slimey Toad

The trouble is, and I'm afraid this is judgemental, the average PL player (certainly home grown ones) are not too sophisticated in their down time. So once you've ran out of X Box/Play Station games and bored with sending inane videos on Snapchat you just have to jump in the 4X4 and surprise your Bezzie.

I thought you were about to say prozzie. Probably prozzie and bezzie in some cases. I donít know how Wayne Rooney is coping without any over 70 prostitutes to visit.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglehamster's Profile Eaglehamster Flag Storrington 27 Apr 20 1.32pm Send a Private Message to Eaglehamster Add Eaglehamster as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

I thought you were about to say prozzie. Probably prozzie and bezzie in some cases. I donít know how Wayne Rooney is coping without any over 70 prostitutes to visit.


I'm sure we'll read all about his hardships in his next S Times article. What an objectionable slob he is.

 


Before the CV I had calculated that I had enough money to last my lifetime. Provided I didn't buy anything.

Now I may have to sell stuff.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 28 Apr 20 9.58am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Wayne Rooney teaching his kids maths

[Link]

Here's a sample of his lessons.

Okay kids how many glasses of beer does it take to make an old minger look like a babe?

If I dive three times during a game what does that make me (a cheat).

How many yellow cards does a player need to accumulate to ensure his match ban comes in at Christmas?

etc.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Superhorns3's Profile Superhorns3 Flag Harpdenden 28 Apr 20 10.37am Send a Private Message to Superhorns3 Add Superhorns3 as a friend

The Premier league along with the Government seem keen to get back playing fairly soon although presumably with all sorts of guidelines and restrictions.

How long before a player breaks them...

I mean it seems they'll be banned from spitting!

Good luck with that one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 28 Apr 20 11.40am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Superhorns3

The Premier league along with the Government seem keen to get back playing fairly soon although presumably with all sorts of guidelines and restrictions.

How long before a player breaks them...

I mean it seems they'll be banned from spitting!

Good luck with that one.

If theyíre mucking in on a field and in changing rooms then spitting isnít going to make any difference apart from setting an example on hygiene.

The whole thing relies on every single prem footballer and training staff fully isolating and not have any contact with anybody outside of that and their home. This will never happen, mainly because theyíre self interested footballers who mostly lack any intelligence and sometimes responsibility. There will be minimised risk but it will still be there and covid cases could end cropping up in prem squads again. Could become a problem if squads canít fulfill matches. If that happens you can assume itís because someone in the squad will have broken the rules but nothing will happen there.

Social distancing outside of the home is supposed to continue so they wouldnít really have any reason or excuse to have picked up the virus in a squad.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Superhorns3's Profile Superhorns3 Flag Harpdenden 28 Apr 20 12.23pm Send a Private Message to Superhorns3 Add Superhorns3 as a friend

They won't want to be stuck in a hotel for weeks away from family and friends.

Good to have a plan for when the Government give the green light but not sure this will end well.

And people won't take having to social distance if footballers aren't.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View stuckinbristol's Profile stuckinbristol Flag In the woodwork. 28 Apr 20 12.34pm Send a Private Message to stuckinbristol Add stuckinbristol as a friend

Originally posted by Superhorns3

They won't want to be stuck in a hotel for weeks away from family and friends.

Good to have a plan for when the Government give the green light but not sure this will end well.

And people won't take having to social distance if footballers aren't.

Although it would be funny to see the ref imposing a 2m distancing policy at the first corner.

 


Hey, where did we go days when the rain came?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 28 Apr 20 1.07pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by stuckinbristol

Although it would be funny to see the ref imposing a 2m distancing policy at the first corner.

It would be dangerous for us, as 2m distance is far longer than any of our players can pass accurately.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 28 Apr 20 1.19pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Superhorns3

They won't want to be stuck in a hotel for weeks away from family and friends.

Good to have a plan for when the Government give the green light but not sure this will end well.

And people won't take having to social distance if footballers aren't.

I didnít know hotels for footballers away from family was the plan. If it is then the public will accept longer social distancing.

The plan, whatever it is, will be so full of holes because, unless there is a hotel lockdown, it relies on individual responsibility that footballers as a collective donít possess. Youíll then get covid cases and matches postponed. Maybe thatís inevitable but this season finishing is the first priority objective.

Luckily in our league position we can all look on without much concern, apart from clubs coping with financial issues without any money coming in.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (28 Apr 2020 1.21pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 17 of 20 < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Players' wages