You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)
October 2 2022 4.34pm

BBC (again)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 169 of 173 < 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 19 Aug 22 9.37pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by eritheagle

In last night’s Eastenders episode:

2 black brothers are giving out their food in the marketplace when the market inspector approaches.

One brother says to the other ‘here comes an angry white man!’.

I wasn’t in the slightest offended but was just left wondering what if it had been other way round and the inspector had said ‘there’s two annoyed black men!’.

I know, their double standards are never hidden anymore.
It's out there on full display....because they have the power.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 21 Aug 22 8.29pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I know, their double standards are never hidden anymore.
It's out there on full display....because they have the power.

First we got all the diversity into European period drama.....Mary Queen of Scots, viking valhalla, a black Anne boylen , an army of black Roman officers against the Celtic tribes in Brittania, etc etc.

Next will we get white actors as tribal leaders in sub Sahara Africa ? Only if they are female & Lgbt methinks . All The white men in Sierra Leone? They will be digging the fields & collecting the garbage.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (24 Aug 2022 5.43pm)

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 25 Aug 22 8.33am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Not bitter at all is she! One economist from each “side” seems fair to me.


[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 25 Aug 22 9.17am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Not bitter at all is she! One economist from each “side” seems fair to me.


[Link]

I don't understand why she is complaining. She has left the BBC for a station that encourages its presenters to shares their views on everything so is now free to have an opinion on whatever.

Well if she wants the BBC to have the same freedom then the answer is simple abolish the licence fee.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilesy01's Profile Wilesy01 Flag Bristol 25 Aug 22 10.59am Send a Private Message to Wilesy01 Add Wilesy01 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I don't understand why she is complaining. She has left the BBC for a station that encourages its presenters to shares their views on everything so is now free to have an opinion on whatever.

Well if she wants the BBC to have the same freedom then the answer is simple abolish the licence fee.

I don't think you've read the article properly if you don't recognise the problems she's articulating.

Having a former Tory spin doctor dictate BBC impartiality and presenting issues evenly despite a considerable uneven split in professional opinion doesn't scream good journalism.

Edited by Wilesy01 (25 Aug 2022 11.00am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 25 Aug 22 2.08pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

If the Tories are controlling BBC output, then they must be driving a left wing, Woke agenda.

I know the Tories are hardly conservative any more, but that seems incredible.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 25 Aug 22 2.22pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

If the Tories are controlling BBC output, then they must be driving a left wing, Woke agenda.

I know the Tories are hardly conservative any more, but that seems incredible.


The far left regard even the neo liberals as right wingers.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 25 Aug 22 3.52pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

If the Tories are controlling BBC output, then they must be driving a left wing, Woke agenda.

I know the Tories are hardly conservative any more, but that seems incredible.

Medieval royalty were always wary of the Church. Modern politicians are very wary of the new opinion-leaders.

Be nice to the media or they will Bury your political career. Boris got nailed by a hostile media. Not the first nor the last politician to learn the hard way.

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 25 Aug 22 5.59pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

Medieval royalty were always wary of the Church. Modern politicians are very wary of the new opinion-leaders.

Be nice to the media or they will Bury your political career. Boris got nailed by a hostile media. Not the first nor the last politician to learn the hard way.

He should have longed it out as the next election is gone. He should have made them carry him out kicking and screaming. f***ing lightweight and this is the proof !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 25 Aug 22 6.08pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Wilesy01

I don't think you've read the article properly if you don't recognise the problems she's articulating.

Having a former Tory spin doctor dictate BBC impartiality and presenting issues evenly despite a considerable uneven split in professional opinion doesn't scream good journalism.

Edited by Wilesy01 (25 Aug 2022 11.00am)

Hmm

BBC is supposed to be impartial - Fact

BBC has warned its presenters not make political comments that could threaten it's impartiality - Fact

Emily M has been in trouble with the BBC on 3 occasions for the above.

You are concerned there is a Tory in the BBC he must be the only one as the vast majority of staff and senior management are not. - Supposition on my part but probably not far off the truth.

Emily M now has a new show on LBC so is reworking this old story to boost her profile - Supposition on my part but it certainly wont hurt her.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 25 Aug 22 6.35pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

There is a balance in the BBC.

Half their output is centre-left and the other half is hard-left.

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 25 Aug 22 8.11pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Wilesy01

I don't think you've read the article properly if you don't recognise the problems she's articulating.

Having a former Tory spin doctor dictate BBC impartiality and presenting issues evenly despite a considerable uneven split in professional opinion doesn't scream good journalism.

Edited by Wilesy01 (25 Aug 2022 11.00am)

Indeed Wilesy- I had to stop listening to the 5 live morning show with Nicky Campbell as they had to balance all the incompetence of bungles cabinet and his own incompetence and lies with a caveat-" of course all parties break the law"! etc etc, you couldn"t make it up!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 169 of 173 < 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)