You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)
October 2 2022 6.05pm

BBC (again)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 172 of 173 < 168 169 170 171 172 173 >

 

View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 15 Sep 22 5.02pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

watching all the crowds doing the public Mourning on the BBC. It seems to be giving me a very warped & twisted view of reality.

not great on the journalistic integrity there. Does Gary Lineker control all the cameras from a central computer ?

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 15 Sep 22 8.55pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I was quite amazed to see this article on the BBC.

If I'm being cynical I would say it's not critical of DeSantis purely because of the establishment vendetta against Trump.

[Link]

Why the amazement?

It's true, and it's newsworthy. Playing politics with people is very much of public interest. When a likely candidate for President attempts to be even more outrageous than Trump, it is going to get covered.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 15 Sep 22 11.36pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Why the amazement?

It's true, and it's newsworthy. Playing politics with people is very much of public interest. When a likely candidate for President attempts to be even more outrageous than Trump, it is going to get covered.

My amazement is in the main that they didn't try to be negative as they always are with Trump and I suggested why.

Edited by Stirlingsays (15 Sep 2022 11.36pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 15 Sep 22 11.37pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

watching all the crowds doing the public Mourning on the BBC. It seems to be giving me a very warped & twisted view of reality.

not great on the journalistic integrity there. Does Gary Lineker control all the cameras from a central computer ?

He controls it from a box, which was all he was ever good in.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 16 Sep 22 1.53pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

My amazement is in the main that they didn't try to be negative as they always are with Trump and I suggested why.

Edited by Stirlingsays (15 Sep 2022 11.36pm)

Maybe because it wasn't about Trump!!

It was about the transport of migrants and the role DeSantis played in arranging it.

Trump was only mentioned once, in a quote from DeSantis, and not at all by the BBC.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 16 Sep 22 4.01pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

All the while, the BBC seeks to steer a middle path of neutrality

In the early days of covid the Prime Minister flanked by a couple of health experts gave a media briefing every night. The BBC have both a health editor and medical editor but chose to send their political editor to the briefings. Why, if not to stir things up?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 16 Sep 22 4.13pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I wonder how the many BBC haters here react to the way they have handled the last 7 days?

I think it has been nothing short of magnificent, showing respect and sensitivity in equal measure. It has reflected the mood of the nation perfectly and shown, to me at least, why the BBC is something we all ought to be proud of.

The coverage of yesterday’s ceremony, the live streaming of Westminster Hall, and the interviews with those paying their respects shows us all at our best.

The constant bitching on these pages that the UK is somehow a lesser place than it used to be, along with the nonsense that the BBC is biased, has been comprehensively shown to be totally misplaced.

I don't hate the BBC I just don't like being forced to pay for it. As for their coverage they are the state broadcaster is anyone surprised?

I haven't watched any of it but I will take your word it has been good I would expect no less. I am sure the other broadcasters are well aware that the beeb will hoover up the ratings so have tailored their efforts accordingly.

It's no different to the World Cup if you don't have the rights it's silly to try and compete you might as well go in another direction e.g. put on a Romcom for the football widows.

I have never said that the BBC cannot put on a good show, after all unlike the other channels they have massive financial resources from a captive audience. All of this adds up to a great advert for them and they are clearly taking advantage of it.

Just because they have put on blanket coverage of a global event that still doesn't justify the compulsion of the license fee.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 17 Sep 22 7.15am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

I always prefer the beeb at times like this but ITV have trumped them this time with far better coverage.
Sad but true.
Defund the BBC!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View puncheon_judy's Profile puncheon_judy Flag 17 Sep 22 11.38am Send a Private Message to puncheon_judy Add puncheon_judy as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

I always prefer the beeb at times like this but ITV have trumped them this time with far better coverage.
Sad but true.
Defund the BBC!!!

What are ITV doing better than the BBC with the coverage?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 17 Sep 22 1.18pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by puncheon_judy

What are ITV doing better than the BBC with the coverage?

maybe the ITV representation of the mourners was more diligent and faithful to the actual truth ?

did the ITV footage show any straight white British men ? what then even 30% of the time ?

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 17 Sep 22 3.03pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I don't hate the BBC I just don't like being forced to pay for it. As for their coverage they are the state broadcaster is anyone surprised?

I haven't watched any of it but I will take your word it has been good I would expect no less. I am sure the other broadcasters are well aware that the beeb will hoover up the ratings so have tailored their efforts accordingly.

It's no different to the World Cup if you don't have the rights it's silly to try and compete you might as well go in another direction e.g. put on a Romcom for the football widows.

I have never said that the BBC cannot put on a good show, after all unlike the other channels they have massive financial resources from a captive audience. All of this adds up to a great advert for them and they are clearly taking advantage of it.

Just because they have put on blanket coverage of a global event that still doesn't justify the compulsion of the license fee.

Unless we accept propaganda from those with a view to promote, we always have to pay for things in some way. The real question is whether the way we do for the BBC delivers something worthwhile.

My own view is that the freedom it gives them to tell the truth as they see it, without having to heed political or commercial pressures, is priceless.

Others disagree.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View puncheon_judy's Profile puncheon_judy Flag 17 Sep 22 3.35pm Send a Private Message to puncheon_judy Add puncheon_judy as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

maybe the ITV representation of the mourners was more diligent and faithful to the actual truth ?

did the ITV footage show any straight white British men ? what then even 30% of the time ?

So is your grievance that the BBC hasn’t allowed you to hear the opinions of straight white men?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 172 of 173 < 168 169 170 171 172 173 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)