You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > How will Derek Chauvin die ?
July 12 2020 4.58pm

How will Derek Chauvin die ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View JohnB's Profile JohnB Flag 10 Jun 20 10.02am Send a Private Message to JohnB Add JohnB as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

As maybe but they may be influenced more to seek the truth rather than the result some want.
The truth in this trial may well be a shock. Who really knows.

What I meant was if the jury convicted him of murder then is there not some legal loophole that they could claim that the jury was influenced prior to the trial and were not basing their judgement on the evidence from trial itself and in turn overturn the decision, making the whole thing a farce.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 Jun 20 10.42am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by JohnB

What I meant was if the jury convicted him of murder then is there not some legal loophole that they could claim that the jury was influenced prior to the trial and were not basing their judgement on the evidence from trial itself and in turn overturn the decision, making the whole thing a farce.

It's a valid point, jury selection "voir dire" will be key O J's team was able to select a nearly all black jury. I suspect that in this case jury selection will decide if this man gets a fair trial.

It's a far more complicated process in the US and rich defendants actually employ Jury Selection Experts like. TV show Bull.

You cannot bar someone for race or religion so they have to find other excuses if that is their real intent.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Romford-Eagle's Profile Romford-Eagle Online Flag Romford 10 Jun 20 8.52pm Send a Private Message to Romford-Eagle Add Romford-Eagle as a friend

I think at best they will get is 3rd degree murder, Floyd did resist arrest, he was in back of police car, then he is in road, so he must have tried to get away, I did not know till today that he had served 5 years in jail previously for armed robbery, so hardly squeaky clean.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 10 Jun 20 9.23pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Romford-Eagle

I think at best they will get is 3rd degree murder, Floyd did resist arrest, he was in back of police car, then he is in road, so he must have tried to get away, I did not know till today that he had served 5 years in jail previously for armed robbery, so hardly squeaky clean.

I may well be totally wrong, but as they're going for 2nd degree, don't they either convict or otherwise on that basis?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 10 Jun 20 9.26pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Romford-Eagle

I think at best they will get is 3rd degree murder, Floyd did resist arrest, he was in back of police car, then he is in road, so he must have tried to get away, I did not know till today that he had served 5 years in jail previously for armed robbery, so hardly squeaky clean.

Easy tiger, remember history is being erased.
Especially black history. Strange that their ancestors history will be erased and in fifty years no one will know about slavery!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Online Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 11 Jun 20 6.04pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

I just looked up the US definition for 2nd degree murder.. I feel that the chance of a realistic prosecution is strong..

Any person of reasonable firmness will know that kneeling on someone's neck could potentially cause catastrophic injury... No matter what the circumstances and resistance beforehand he simply cannot justify the action that he took.

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 11 Jun 20 6.45pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

I just looked up the US definition for 2nd degree murder.. I feel that the chance of a realistic prosecution is strong..

Any person of reasonable firmness will know that kneeling on someone's neck could potentially cause catastrophic injury... No matter what the circumstances and resistance beforehand he simply cannot justify the action that he took.

I agree, however that restraint was in their training manual.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Online Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 11 Jun 20 6.51pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I agree, however that restraint was in their training manual.

Wow really?? I never knew that... Quite unbelievable really... We certainly never had that method in the Met Police training manual

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 11 Jun 20 8.00pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

All they need to do is infect him with Covid 19. That way when someone shoots him or beats him to death, the cause of death will be recorded as Covid 19.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 11 Jun 20 8.00pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I agree, however that restraint was in their training manual.

yep, it was in the training manual. And Derek Chauvin was the senior (training) officer of the group.

Just a moot point, but restraint on the neck was largely unnecessary, as the suspect was already 'cuffed, and on the floor.

As long as Chauvin is alive, i hope he is extremely fearful for his life/safety, to the utter detriment of any possible hope of a few seconds of enjoyment.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 11 Jun 20 8.02pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

All they need to do is infect him with Covid 19. That way when someone shoots him or beats him to death, the cause of death will be recorded as Covid 19.

Ironically, George Floyd tested positive for CV-19 on his death. It would be easy to suggest that Chauvin got infected during the arrest.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 11 Jun 20 8.09pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

yep, it was in the training manual. And Derek Chauvin was the senior (training) officer of the group.

Just a moot point, but restraint on the neck was largely unnecessary, as the suspect was already 'cuffed, and on the floor.

As long as Chauvin is alive, i hope he is extremely fearful for his life/safety, to the utter detriment of any possible hope of a few seconds of enjoyment.

Of course you do. Boris didnt die by the way.
That must sadden you greatly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > How will Derek Chauvin die ?