You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > chaz
July 10 2020 6.30am

chaz

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 11 Jun 20 8.06pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by serial thriller

Yep, you're right. Best to stick with old Etonians taking turns to lead our country, with oil barons, venture capitalists and billionaires dictating their actions.

That's how our democracy has progressed. By us resigning ourselves to slavery and allowing the b******s of the world a free reign.

Are you envious that you are a mere mortal like 99.9% of the world. Never mind keep doing the lottery and you might climb that ladder.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 12 Jun 20 6.14pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Been thinking about this a little more and reckon there could be a solution.

It is clear that there is now a fundamental break down between those of on the Right and the Left. Zero middle ground. When we are having to cover up statues of Churchill because left-wingers want to pull it down, you know it is game over.

So we should start pushing for more and more of these autonomous zones to be created for the Left, with local votes to determine how a specific area goes. I am sure that there would be plenty of scope for people to swap between the two so that the different areas.

Then there would be no excuses. Nasty people like me would be able to live in the sort of Police state hell holes I crave and the more progressive types can live in their social paradises with no Police at all.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 12 Jun 20 6.28pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Been thinking about this a little more and reckon there could be a solution.

It is clear that there is now a fundamental break down between those of on the Right and the Left. Zero middle ground. When we are having to cover up statues of Churchill because left-wingers want to pull it down, you know it is game over.

So we should start pushing for more and more of these autonomous zones to be created for the Left, with local votes to determine how a specific area goes. I am sure that there would be plenty of scope for people to swap between the two so that the different areas.

Then there would be no excuses. Nasty people like me would be able to live in the sort of Police state hell holes I crave and the more progressive types can live in their social paradises with no Police at all.

Sounds good but it will never work. After they trash their own area they will start to complain about yours having all the resources and being nice and demand access and compensation blah blah.

The problem with Chaz is that whoever is in charge is unelected by the locals so any thug with a big mouth and a gun can rock up and claim leadership.

I am not opposed to local accountability far from it but I can already see the issues in a microcosm where I live. We own our block of flats yet 1 individual thinks his vote carries more weight than the rest of us. In a district you are bound to get a lot more of these types which is why we have elected officlas.

Rather than setting up armed roadblocks they would have done better to reject the mainstream candidates and put up their own local ones. This has happened in Froome in Somerset. The local council consists of all local independent people and has done for at least 5 years and is very popular. One of my friends sits on the council very level headed and not interested in party politics but local issues.

[Link]

Edited by Badger11 (12 Jun 2020 6.31pm)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 12 Jun 20 8.55pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

I must admit to rather enjoying this whole episode.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 12 Jun 20 8.59pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I must admit to rather enjoying this whole episode.

My favourite part so far is the walls. The first thing these progressive types do is put up borders. LOL. Beautiful. Personally I am hoping the Rapper as Warlord story arc develops.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 12 Jun 20 9.01pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

My favourite part so far is the walls. The first thing these progressive types do is put up borders. LOL. Beautiful. Personally I am hoping the Rapper as Warlord story arc develops.

Yep, you just know it's going to be on Netflix's in a few years.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 13 Jun 20 9.46pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

And here we have it...


[Link]

Rather admire the honesty. No nuance, nothing left to be misjudged, an absolute straight forward condition of what the future holds for us if they get their way.

Edited by Matov (13 Jun 2020 9.47pm)

Edited by Matov (13 Jun 2020 9.49pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View berlinpalace's Profile berlinpalace Flag berlin 15 Jun 20 9.57am Send a Private Message to berlinpalace Add berlinpalace as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

And here we have it...


[Link]

Rather admire the honesty. No nuance, nothing left to be misjudged, an absolute straight forward condition of what the future holds for us if they get their way.

Edited by Matov (13 Jun 2020 9.47pm)

Edited by Matov (13 Jun 2020 9.49pm)

You get that it’s a symbolic ten dollars? You understood the bit where he says ‘... if you can’t share ten dollars now how are you going to share power and wealth in future?’ It’s about confronting your own fear.
And here’s a little interview with your favourite ‘warlord’, he sounds terrifying.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View berlinpalace's Profile berlinpalace Flag berlin 15 Jun 20 9.58am Send a Private Message to berlinpalace Add berlinpalace as a friend

Originally posted by berlinpalace

You get that it’s a symbolic ten dollars? You understood the bit where he says ‘... if you can’t share ten dollars now how are you going to share power and wealth in future?’ It’s about confronting your own fear.
And here’s a little interview with your favourite ‘warlord’, he sounds terrifying.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Kent 15 Jun 20 10.12am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by berlinpalace

You get that it’s a symbolic ten dollars? You understood the bit where he says ‘... if you can’t share ten dollars now how are you going to share power and wealth in future?’ It’s about confronting your own fear.
And here’s a little interview with your favourite ‘warlord’, he sounds terrifying.

Ah, communism!

I wonder why that never really took off? Such a great idea.

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 15 Jun 20 10.28am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Ah, communism!

I wonder why that never really took off? Such a great idea.

My black friend did better career wise than I did and so has more money that me, does that mean he has to fork over some dosh to me?

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View berlinpalace's Profile berlinpalace Flag berlin 15 Jun 20 10.42am Send a Private Message to berlinpalace Add berlinpalace as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

My black friend did better career wise than I did and so has more money that me, does that mean he has to fork over some dosh to me?

You know how taxation works? What do you think?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > chaz