You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Chelsea thread
September 30 2020 7.40am

Chelsea thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 21 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 07 Jul 20 10.01pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Iím surprised that people are happy with a loss. If was a better overall performance but just losing doesnít cut it whether it is 1-0 or 10-9. Roy it appears does prefer 1-0 losses though.

Generally we have put in performances like that too infrequently this season when behind in a match. If we showed that much spirit more often we may have dragged ourselves back into matches where we appeared to simply capitulate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 07 Jul 20 10.06pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Iím surprised that people are happy with a loss. If was a better overall performance but just losing doesnít cut it whether it is 1-0 or 10-9. Roy it appears does prefer 1-0 losses though.

Generally we have put in performances like that too infrequently this season when behind in a match. If we showed that much spirit more often we may have dragged ourselves back into matches where we appeared to simply capitulate.

No one is happy with a loss.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BM's Profile BM Flag 07 Jul 20 10.23pm Send a Private Message to BM Add BM as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Iím surprised that people are happy with a loss. If was a better overall performance but just losing doesnít cut it whether it is 1-0 or 10-9. Roy it appears does prefer 1-0 losses though.

Generally we have put in performances like that too infrequently this season when behind in a match. If we showed that much spirit more often we may have dragged ourselves back into matches where we appeared to simply capitulate.

Itís quite simple. We played well. Iím always pleased when we play well.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MKCPFC's Profile MKCPFC Flag Spain/MK 07 Jul 20 10.33pm Send a Private Message to MKCPFC Add MKCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by pompeyeagle

Massive improvement today. Don't know why we haven't shown that sort of spirit in the last few games. At least it shows we care but it seems we only seem to up our game when we are up against the bigger teams.

In the last few games we have played 3 of the top 4 teams , so if we only up our game against bigger teams what happened against Liverpool and Leicester?

Sometimes you play well, sometimes you play poor, sometimes teams just outclass you at top of their game (Liverpool) sometimes in a tough dour game an error makes the difference (Burnley ) , sometimes a bad display and two terrible errors cost the game (Leicester ) and sometimes you play well , the opposition isn't quite at their best but the luck isn't quite with you like tonight.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Daddyorc's Profile Daddyorc Online Flag Long Island City, NY 07 Jul 20 10.39pm Send a Private Message to Daddyorc Add Daddyorc as a friend

Originally posted by MKCPFC

In the last few games we have played 3 of the top 4 teams , so if we only up our game against bigger teams what happened against Liverpool and Leicester?

Sometimes you play well, sometimes you play poor, sometimes teams just outclass you at top of their game (Liverpool) sometimes in a tough dour game an error makes the difference (Burnley ) , sometimes a bad display and two terrible errors cost the game (Leicester ) and sometimes you play well , the opposition isn't quite at their best but the luck isn't quite with you like tonight.

Totally agree. But for an unfortunate injury, we would have tied.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View hayling eagle's Profile hayling eagle Flag 07 Jul 20 10.43pm Send a Private Message to hayling eagle Add hayling eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Daddyorc

Totally agree. But for an unfortunate injury, we would have tied.

Would we have got a draw? Ok, the injury to Cahill was unfortunate, but what the hell happened when the ball was crossed. We weren't anywhere near it

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Kentbaldeagle64's Profile Kentbaldeagle64 Flag Swanscombe 07 Jul 20 10.44pm Send a Private Message to Kentbaldeagle64 Add Kentbaldeagle64 as a friend

Once again late subs, Meyer 89 min. Really Roy. Not using Pierrick or Mitchell is annoying. Need to use them or they will get fed up and want out. Others play their young players so why not us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View robdave2k's Profile robdave2k Flag Corby 07 Jul 20 10.45pm Send a Private Message to robdave2k Add robdave2k as a friend

Struck me itís a bit like the Holloway days.

Holloway couldnít organise s***, so the senior pros took over and organised the side.

With Hodgson we look organised (well with a system) and occasionally the players seem to say ďsod itĒ and actually go for it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 07 Jul 20 10.46pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by MKCPFC

In the last few games we have played 3 of the top 4 teams , so if we only up our game against bigger teams what happened against Liverpool and Leicester?

Sometimes you play well, sometimes you play poor, sometimes teams just outclass you at top of their game (Liverpool) sometimes in a tough dour game an error makes the difference (Burnley ) , sometimes a bad display and two terrible errors cost the game (Leicester ) and sometimes you play well , the opposition isn't quite at their best but the luck isn't quite with you like tonight.

Yep and when you do that all season you get relegated.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 07 Jul 20 10.54pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by Kentbaldeagle64

Once again late subs, Meyer 89 min. Really Roy. Not using Pierrick or Mitchell is annoying. Need to use them or they will get fed up and want out. Others play their young players so why not us.

It just may be that Roy thinks they are not quite ready, the record of the u23 would confirm this 2nd bottom of their modest league and only 27 goals scored all season so no strikers coming our way through this team so far! You are right about Meyer bringing him on 89 mins is unfair, he really need more of chance than this to see if he has got it!. Overall a better effort tonight and a little unlucky with the first goal, they showed some spirit tonight which has been missing recently!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 07 Jul 20 10.57pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

Meyer absolutely will make it in the PL. Just not with Palace, thatís all.

I really rate him as a player but his game just doesnít fit in with the way we play. Shame.

Totally agree with this

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 07 Jul 20 11.00pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

I find it strange that Meyer gets slagged off after every cameo performance but a long serving player like Ward, who has been dire since the return doesnít get as much criticism.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 21 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Chelsea thread