You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Manager WishList
August 11 2020 2.30am

Manager WishList

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 14 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Canterbury Palace's Profile Canterbury Palace Flag Whitstable 01 Aug 20 10.10pm Send a Private Message to Canterbury Palace Add Canterbury Palace as a friend

I really don't want him and have a horrible feeling we might get him. Could see him taking a year out and we get him next summer.

 


We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BM's Profile BM Flag 01 Aug 20 10.26pm Send a Private Message to BM Add BM as a friend

I hope our manager next season is Roy Hodgson. And I hope heís given some decent offensive players to work with. And I hope all these disrespectful fans stop moaning and start supporting this excellent, classy man.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 01 Aug 20 10.39pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by BM

I hope our manager next season is Roy Hodgson. And I hope heís given some decent offensive players to work with. And I hope all these disrespectful fans stop moaning and start supporting this excellent, classy man.

Top post.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CPFC1965's Profile CPFC1965 Flag Warrington 02 Aug 20 12.32am Send a Private Message to CPFC1965 Add CPFC1965 as a friend

Top post, depends entirely on what you want, turgid football again coupled with relegation and no chance of bouncing back, or a fresh approach, relegation and a chance to bounce back. We haven't the finances to buy a new squad, we're lumbered with highly paid journeymen and have a manager who's incapable of making decisions that can affect a result. Remember the Euros when Kane took all the corners, our greatest threat was never in the middle. Hodgson is 10 years past his sell buy date, 7 straight losses and you still think he's up for it. We've bought a kid from West Brom, he'll go straight to the development squad and be forgotten.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 02 Aug 20 6.25am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by BM

I hope our manager next season is Roy Hodgson. And I hope heís given some decent offensive players to work with. And I hope all these disrespectful fans stop moaning and start supporting this excellent, classy man.

Having a different opinion is not disrespectful. Not accepting there can be an opinion different to yours; that's disrespectful.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 02 Aug 20 8.26am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Eddie Howe is not the man for us. It was only a matter of time before they got relegated with his tactics. Every year they go on massive losing streaks so it was only a matter of time before they got found out. They have a decent squad with a lot of good players but his problem is he canít organise a defence.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglehamster's Profile Eaglehamster Flag Storrington 02 Aug 20 8.28am Send a Private Message to Eaglehamster Add Eaglehamster as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

Eddie Howe is not the man for us. It was only a matter of time before they got relegated with his tactics. Every year they go on massive losing streaks so it was only a matter of time before they got found out. They have a decent squad with a lot of good players but his problem is he canít organise a defence.

Like us then except we can't organise an attack.

 


My dad made me a Palace fan. Never forgiven him.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 02 Aug 20 8.30am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglehamster

Like us then except we can't organise an attack.

We have poor attacking players, he wouldnít know where to start. Itís not the job for him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View A89M's Profile A89M Flag Streatham 02 Aug 20 8.42am Send a Private Message to A89M Add A89M as a friend

Originally posted by CPFC1965

Top post, depends entirely on what you want, turgid football again coupled with relegation and no chance of bouncing back, or a fresh approach, relegation and a chance to bounce back. We haven't the finances to buy a new squad, we're lumbered with highly paid journeymen and have a manager who's incapable of making decisions that can affect a result. Remember the Euros when Kane took all the corners, our greatest threat was never in the middle. Hodgson is 10 years past his sell buy date, 7 straight losses and you still think he's up for it. We've bought a kid from West Brom, he'll go straight to the development squad and be forgotten.

Why is this the only option? Roy kept us up against all odds when he first came in and at the beginning of this season a lot of us thought that our squad wasn't good enough to stay up, especially with the last 7 fixtures being against the top teams - he managed to get us the points before this. Yet despite this, you still think we'll go down because of him rather than the clubs inability (at this point) to back their manager in the transfer market.
Give the man credit where its due, he's done a brilliant job of keeping us away from the relegation fight with what is really a poor squad.
If Wilf goes, Roy is the man I'd feel the most confident about keeping us up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglehamster's Profile Eaglehamster Flag Storrington 02 Aug 20 9.25am Send a Private Message to Eaglehamster Add Eaglehamster as a friend

Originally posted by A89M

Why is this the only option? Roy kept us up against all odds when he first came in and at the beginning of this season a lot of us thought that our squad wasn't good enough to stay up, especially with the last 7 fixtures being against the top teams - he managed to get us the points before this. Yet despite this, you still think we'll go down because of him rather than the clubs inability (at this point) to back their manager in the transfer market.
Give the man credit where its due, he's done a brilliant job of keeping us away from the relegation fight with what is really a poor squad.
If Wilf goes, Roy is the man I'd feel the most confident about keeping us up.

We're at the point where we were all hugely relieved with a point at home to Spurs after some atrocious performances.

The are 6 short weeks until the new season.
Palace are not an attractive proposition for a new manager nor any decent and ambitious players.
Roy will have to motivate an aging, overpaid squad, with one striker, to win games again. Sorry and I hope I'm wrong but I think we are fvcked.



 


My dad made me a Palace fan. Never forgiven him.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 02 Aug 20 10.31am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by A89M

Why is this the only option? Roy kept us up against all odds when he first came in and at the beginning of this season a lot of us thought that our squad wasn't good enough to stay up, especially with the last 7 fixtures being against the top teams - he managed to get us the points before this. Yet despite this, you still think we'll go down because of him rather than the clubs inability (at this point) to back their manager in the transfer market.
Give the man credit where its due, he's done a brilliant job of keeping us away from the relegation fight with what is really a poor squad.
If Wilf goes, Roy is the man I'd feel the most confident about keeping us up.

Very very correct.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 02 Aug 20 10.33am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglehamster

We're at the point where we were all hugely relieved with a point at home to Spurs after some atrocious performances.

The are 6 short weeks until the new season.
Palace are not an attractive proposition for a new manager nor any decent and ambitious players.
Roy will have to motivate an aging, overpaid squad, with one striker, to win games again. Sorry and I hope I'm wrong but I think we are fvcked.



You are.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 14 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Manager WishList